Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Gallardo replacement soon to be revealed

Full leak pictures with final product Smiley so glad Lamborguini made it so much more discret than the Aventador, and far , far away from Sesto elemento lines Smiley the front is much simpler, less busy and without the Batman flair the Aventador has, really like it.

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/news/manufacturers/lamborghini/huracan-leaked/Lamborghini-Huracan-interior.jpg.html

J.Seven

Looks good!

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

J.Seven:

Full leak pictures with final product Smiley so glad Lamborguini made it so much more discret than the Aventador, and far , far away from Sesto elemento lines Smiley the front is much simpler, less busy and without the Batman flair the Aventador has, really like it.

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/news/manufacturers/lamborghini/huracan-leaked/Lamborghini-Huracan-interior.jpg.html

J.Seven

Seems like we were reading the same website at the same time! Smiley i was 22 sec faster! Smiley Smiley

SuzyF:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/12/lamborghini-huracan-leaked.html

--

Suzy

Fantastic looking car!

Bravo Lamborghini.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

SuzyF:
    J.Seven:

J.Seven

Seems like we were reading the same website at the same time! Smiley i was 22 sec faster! Smiley Smiley

SuzyF:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/12/lamborghini-huracan-leaked.html

--

Suzy

22secs was the time to post the pics for a complete and more informative post Smiley

J.Seven

laugh...... kiss Okay... Fair enough 

--

Suzy

I like it !

Mamma mia! Che bella machina. 

Hope in humanity restored. At least one company still knows how to design beautiful exciting cars.

Beautiful kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

very elegant...less is more !

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

absolutely love it !

Eh, a bit disappointing. Wanted something more out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7NnSj5qxw

Beautiful ! Now where did Kreso get the name Cabrera from ? Smiley

Press Release:
    The new Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4: A new dimension in Luxury Super Sports Cars

- Innovative technology and absolute performance redefine the super sports car experience
    - Pure and powerfully dynamic design language
    - New V10 with 610 hp, acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 3.2 seconds, top speed of over 325 km/h
    - From January 2014: private preview events for qualified prospects

Sant'#### Bolognese, 20.12.2013 -- A new era is beginning for Automobili Lamborghini and the luxury super sports car segment: with the brand new Huracán Lamborghini is not only presenting the successor to the iconic Gallardo, but is also redefining the benchmark for luxury super sports cars in this segment. With its pure and unique design, an innovative technology package, outstanding dynamics and excellent quality, the Huracán offers a super sports car experience on a whole new level. The Huracán combines absolute performance with easy-todrive road behavior and both luxurious and sport-oriented finish. With the Huracán, Lamborghini is taking a big step into the future, and enhancing the brand's illustrious history with the next automotive legend.

Starting from January 2014 the Huracán will be the protagonist of over 130 private preview events in more than 60 cities throughout the world. The Lamborghini Huracán will make its world public debut at the Geneva Motorshow 2014.

Name

With a total volume of 14,022 cars produced, the Lamborghini Gallardo has been the most successful Lamborghini ever and, in its ten-year lifecycle, lifted the Lamborghini marque to a whole new level. Its successor, the new Huracán, has been developed from scratch down to the very last detail and, like the Gallardo and most other Lamborghini models, derives its name from the world of bullfighting. The fighting bull Huracán of the Spanish Conte de la Patilla breed was known for his outstanding courage and strong sense of attack. He fought in Alicante in August 1879, showing his unrelenting character and remaining defiant and invincible, thus entering into the legend of fighting bulls' history.

Design

The new Huracán revolutionizes the design language of the Gallardo and is pure in its lines: precise technology and top level craftsmanship meet an audacious design with sharp edges, monolithic and sculptured volumes and precise surfaces. The starting point is the silhouette of the Huracán, born out of the desire of creating an automobile, whose profile is defined by only one line that merges the front with the cockpit and the rear of the car. The lateral windows come together to create a hexagonal form inserted like a glass jewel in the car's profile.

Also by night is the Huracán unmistakably a Lamborghini. Not only are the main headlamps equipped with full LED illumination, but all other light functions also feature state-of-the-art LED technology as a standard feature for the first time in the segment.

Interior

The interior is dominated by an innovative cockpit. A 12.3 inch full-color TFT instrument panel delivers all car information to the driver, from rev counter to navigation maps and infotainment functions, and can be configured by the driver in different setups. Fine Nappa leather and Alcantara distinguish the interior, with several color combinations offered to ensure broad individualization options. The design of dashboard and central tunnel underline a new lightness in the interior. Superb craftsmanship guarantees the highest quality and sense of luxury throughout.

Chassis and powertrain

Systematic lightweight design and Automobili Lamborghini's extensive expertise in carbon fiber come together in the Huracán's new hybrid chassis -- an integrated structure of carbon and aluminum elements. With a dry weight of 1,422 kg it enables not only the excellent power-to-weight ratio of just 2.33 kilograms per horse power, but also guarantees race-car precision with outstanding stiffness.

The new 5.2 liter V10 engine delivers a maximum power of 448 kW / 610 HP at 8,250 rpm and a maximum torque of 560 Nm at 6.500 rpm. In the new ''Iniezione Diretta Stratificata'' (IDS), direct and indirect gasoline injections are smartly combined. This results in more power and torque with lower fuel consumption and emissions compared with the Gallardo V10 engine. The top speed of over 325 km/h and the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and to 200 km/h in 9.9 seconds only partially describe the dynamic experience at the wheel of the Huracán. Also thanks to the Stop & Start technology, the combined EU consumption figure has been further reduced to 12.5 liters per 100 km (290 g/km CO2 emissions). The engine complies with EU6 emissions regulation.

Driving dynamics

The power of the V10 engine is brought to the road via the new 7-speed dualclutch transmission ''Lamborghini Doppia Frizione'' (LDF) and fully electronically controlled four-wheel drive system. The different driving modes of the Huracán can be selected via a driving dynamics selector switch in the steering wheel - from traction-oriented on the road to extreme performance on the race track, with three setups of the dynamics system: STRADA, SPORT and CORSA. The different modes ensure extensive modification in road behavior of the Huracán. In particular they influence the set-ups of several systems, such as the gearbox and engine behavior, the sound, the four-wheel-drive system and electronic stability control. The Huracán's carbon-ceramic brakes are a standard feature for consistently superb braking performance. The ''Lamborghini Dynamic Steering'' variable steering ratio system and magneto-rheologic suspension damper control are both available as options for further customization of the Huracán's dynamic behavior. They are also calibrated via the three different dynamic set-ups.

The Huracán is produced at the Automobili Lamborghini headquarters in Sant'#### Bolognese on an entirely newly-equipped production line. Delivery to the first customers is planned for spring 2014

J.Seven

Hope the performance is underrated. Seems a bit undercooked on paper. I'm sure it will be quick on the track though. 82kg heavier than the outgoing Sqaudra Corsa, dry.

610hp
    Dry weight: 1,422kg - 3,135lbs
    0 - 100: 3.2s
    0 - 200: 9.9s

Agree in terms of numbers against a TTS - BUT LOOK AT IT indecision

Wow that is a thing of beauty!
    I love how they are going back to simpler, cleaner design language.

RC, being derived from Spanish, I assume the correct pronounciation is "Uracán" (with a silent H)? Maybe our Spanish members can shed a light on that?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

First video shot (with exhaust note)

http://youtu.be/xb7NnSj5qxw

--

Suzy

Why is performance wise mot any fast than 991 turbo s?

SuzyF:

First video shot (with exhaust note)

http://youtu.be/xb7NnSj5qxw

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Lambos are the best sounding exotics, period, what a sound Smiley

J.Seven

beautiful.  

will absolutely smash Gallardo's sales numbers.

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

Very attractive Lamborghini!!!

Thank you Herr Piech and Audi for making it possible kiss

--

"Form follows function"

Italo:

Beautiful ! Now where did Kreso get the name Cabrera from ? Smiley

From someone who works in NSU and is deeply involved in development of next R8. Smiley

BTW, Cabrera was the original choice but, its sounded to girl-like to someone at Lambo upper board... That is why it got Huracan name(only about 30 days ago...).

IMHO, great looking car.

Agree that less is more. Car is muscular and distinctly Lambo w/o being muscle bound and consequently over the top. A little push/pull from the side but that may just be the photos.  Definitely a lot to like. I assume pricing will be comparable to its predecessor?

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

The design of the car is awesome. I like it much better than Ave. Bravo Lambo  

But the performance figures, even on paper are little behind the competition. Also you should take into consideration that the deliveries will start towards the end of next year, 2014 when the 458 italia replacement will be just around the corner. 

I was expecting a car as fast as Speciale if not faster. Because 458 replacement will be faster than Speciale and it will be direct competitor to Huracan. I was also expecting a lighter curb weight. The dry weight of 1422kg is approx. 50kg heavier than 458 italia. Because of the larger engine and V10,  the curb weight difference should be more (oil, water etc liquids should be more than what is needed for 458).

I think in 4-5 months, we'll have the answers for the real performance figures. Also don't forget that MY12 and later 458 italia's are faster and a little lighter that MY10-11 cars.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

artur777:

Why is performance wise mot any fast than 991 turbo s?

Wait for more special (and more expensive) model variants of the Huracan. Smiley This is just the "base" car.

The performance will be very close to the 991 Turbo S and I kind of think that this is intentionally. 

However: The Huracan looks sportier and much more exotic and the interior is also nicer (I assume). Kind of the showman version of the 991 Turbo S. Smiley I like the Huracan, I really do but I'm also sure that there will be more powerful and lighter versions, Lamborghini has a tradition of doing that. For more money of course. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Onur,

Huracan is faster then 458 Italia. It is as fast at least as 458 Speciale in real life. Factory specs are provisional according to my source and very conservative one.

Do you want to know how much faster is Huracan according to my source on the Ring then 458 Italia? Lets only say it much faster...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803647 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448662 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266252 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90136 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6685 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885959 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833731 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM