Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Anyone waiting for a March production car?

Sweet! I thought once the car arrives at the U.S. port i should be able to get in a couple of days, but then I got a call from the dealer saying that it is going to take about a week to get it to the dealership because it takes a couple of days at the PDI and they have to truck it even though PDI is only 30 miles away from the dealership

Quote:
    sato said:
    Beautiful! It is good to see that the March builds are coming through. I'm still puzzled by how disconnected/unconcerned the dealers are about production progress. Don't they understand how passionate we custom order folks are?

If the dealer didn't want to call about the progress I'd have more respect if they just said they're not going to call instead of saying they will and never do. Thing is, the dealer knew I was delaying going out of town because I wanted to be in town when it arrived. Just not professional if you ask me. I guess they don't make enough! LOL. It's not smart business. I won't be referring anybody else..

Quote:
    Deanski said:
    Quote:
    JMShrink said:
    I hadn't heard anything from my dealer so I gave him a call today. Well she's on the ship and should be here in 7-10 days. Time to clean out the garage..

Great news! I'm sure you're happy as hell!

I'm still waiting to hear when I'll be ONVESL, soon I hope.

Deanski

Thanks. Hopefully yours will be in soon. At least you're on the east coast..

It can get worse. A number of us had to wait an extra day because "our" salesperson was off on the day it was ready. Go figure.

Spoke to my OPC on Monday. I'm a little confused to be honest. He looked on the system and my car was not or had not been provided with a date (should be a March Build), however he said he would need to speak with Porsche GB and come back to me. I understand he did and got a date in April of the 16th when the car would be built. He then said a week for delivery and the PDI.

On the basis it takes about 10 days to build (so I've read on this forum somewhere) do I have an April build? As it happens it's no great shakes as I still have to get rid of the TT.

Sounds like an April build to me!
    Mine was built on 15th, I pick it up tomorrow(24th) so 9/10 days sounds aboit right.

I pick mine up from the dealer tomorrow morning. It's suppose to be 60 degrees and sunny. Too bad I have to work in the afternoon, but it'll be a sweet day..

Quote:
    MBW_UK said:
    Mine was built on 15th, I pick it up tomorrow(24th) so 9/10 days sounds aboit right.

ResB, Yep suspect it is April. I was quoted April build and have been told 18th April... it can't come soon enough. But, some time ago the wife managed to book a holiday for 1st week in May...either i'll receive 2 days before leaving or it'll sit there until i get back - either way frustrating!

Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    Dealer told me on February 25th that my production date was going to be March 8th.

Car was built on 3/8 as planned. It was ONVESL on 3/23, and is due in port 3/31. Likely delivery date to dealer is 4/10.

Quote:
    AshD said:
    Quote:
    MBW_UK said:

ResB, Yep suspect it is April. I was quoted April build and have been told 18th April... it can't come soon enough. But, some time ago the wife managed to book a holiday for 1st week in May...either i'll receive 2 days before leaving or it'll sit there until i get back - either way frustrating!

No way! That will surely kill ya... I'm looking to book a week off as it happens when the car arrives. Wife at work, litlun at nursery, OMG what can I say. It might even be sunny! I did say might.

I'm ONVESL! Ship: Vega Leader. Scheduled arrival: 04/02/06 at 15:00 in Port of Baltimore!

By April 13 it may be at the dealer!

Deanski

I picked mine up this morning. It had 4 miles on the OD and I added another 100 today! It's truly a fabulous vehicle. My expectations have been exceeded. Good luck to others who are still waiting. You're gonna love it..

Anyone with factory pickup next week?
    I am!

I have factory pick-up the week after.

JMShrink - Congrats man!

Quote:
    sato said:
    I have factory pick-up the week after.

JMShrink - Congrats man!

Thanks sato. A factory pick-up is kind of like Charlie Bucket having a golden ticket and going to Wonka's factory(I'm starting to sound like bossnine!). Have a wonderful trip. It's very hard though keeping the revs not to high during the break-in. Enjoy.

Just heard from my dealer that PCNA said my 997S, X51,PCCB is scheduled for a March production (I am thinking they had better hurry!!)with a May delivery...waiting for a VIN.

Le Chef. My car was also loaded on 3/23. Do you still think the boat is arriving today, or are we talking about the same boat that Deanski has arriving on Sunday? Guess it does not matter much. One question for Denski. I am in the NY area, so I assume our cars will be on the same delivery truck if they are on the same boat. Why do you think it will take so long to get the car to the Dealer? My guy is telling me it should be just a few days from dock to dealer. Dakota, my car was built the last day of Feb on a feb build. Hopefully the factory will came through for you today. Bad news was that it did not get on the boat until March 23. Never received a good explanation for that.

guys here in Greece Porsche Official says that :

Delivery for 997 S in ONLY one and a half month!!!

Boat ETA

I suspect my dealer was being over-enthusiastic. Dealer has told me it can take a couple of days to get the cars off the boat. They also go through a PDI dockside to make sure there is no damage etc. And then depending on the dealer the car might sit there for a few days until they have two or three vehicles to put on a transporter. Baltimore to Chicago should be doable in two days I would think. So 10 days from boat docking to being given th ekeys doesn't seem too bad.

Re: Boat ETA

Lechef i dont get it, are you exchanging your 997?

Re: Boat ETA

Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    I suspect my dealer was being over-enthusiastic. Dealer has told me it can take a couple of days to get the cars off the boat. They also go through a PDI dockside to make sure there is no damage etc. And then depending on the dealer the car might sit there for a few days until they have two or three vehicles to put on a transporter. Baltimore to Chicago should be doable in two days I would think. So 10 days from boat docking to being given th ekeys doesn't seem too bad.

The schedule has the boat arriving on Sunday (could be before that though). My car is on the same boat, and I am hoping that it will here within 2 weeks (the waiting is getting more difficult each day).

A friend's car was on a boat to get in on the 23rd, and had gone through PDI by the 24th. It should be at the dealer by beginning of next week.

Which dealer?

I suspect there are a few of us collecting cars on or about the same day. My dealer is the Exchange up in Highland Park.

Re: Which dealer?

Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    I suspect there are a few of us collecting cars on or about the same day. My dealer is the Exchange up in Highland Park.

Sounds like it. Mine is going to Napleton in Westmont.

Quote:
    sato said:
    Saw on my dealer's computer screen today that my car is "TDFINPD" (assuming I read it correctly) so my tourist delivery car is finished production. Yeah!!!

Looks like I may have avoided any strike issues, so now my concerns shift to build quality and the fact that my baby will be sitting around unloved for another 25-days.

Obsession, she is a cruel mistress.

Looks like I was misled. Stopped by the dealer today to see if my Tourist Delivery package arrived yet. It hasn't. When I get a current printout of my invoice, I notice that the order status is now "PLPROD" which means preliminary production - no? And here my dealer had convinced me that the other code meant it was done. So now I have 10-days to go and I don't have final confirmation that the car is completed.

Quote:
    sato said:
    Looks like I was misled. Stopped by the dealer today to see if my Tourist Delivery package arrived yet. It hasn't. When I get a current printout of my invoice, I notice that the order status is now "PLPROD" which means preliminary production - no? And here my dealer had convinced me that the other code meant it was done. So now I have 10-days to go and I don't have final confirmation that the car is completed.

That's frustrating, sato. Hard to know what it's really doing in those early stages but the good news is that if it's anything like mine was it should be ready in short order. Unfortunately the IG Metall strike occured Wed and Thurs, the article linked below mentions Daimler/Chrysler. Hopefully your car's componentry is far enough along to be unaffected. Check the Wall St Journal, it's difficult to discern from the web whether strike planned to continue next week; talks scheduled THURS 4/06. http://www.industryweek.com/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=11719

I did not do TDeliv but I recall that steps 4 through 8 took only about a week or so (then- according to my dealer's readout- steps 8 through 14 were a blur & only took another couple of weeks, definitely some information lag somewhere in the progression). Hope they don't screw up your flight dates, I bet it'll be ready.

1.) ACKNWL Order acknowledged by PCNA
    2.) ACPORD Order accepted by PCNA
    3.) MFGCNF Assigned a Production Number
    4.) PLPROD Vehicle is Planned for Production
    5.) PROD Vehicle in Production
    6.) CMPPRD Vehicle Completed Production
    7.) PRDLST Factory Last Checkpoint
    8.) IMPINV Vehicle Complete and Invoiced
    9.) ONVESL On Vessel
    10.) IMPPRT Vehicle at U.S. Port
    11.) PDI Vehicle at Charleston PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)
    12.) PDIFIN Vehicle Finished PDI
    13.) INVSHP Invoiced and Shipped to Dealer
    14.) DLRARR Arrived at Dealership

Thanks for the encouragement Damian! I hope you are right and that my car's production is in no way affected by the threatened IG Metall labor strikes.

We shall see.

Finally received my TD package today. Dealer also says that my car's order status is at checkpoint 8 as of April 10. This waiting thing, combined with an inattentive dealer and lost-then-reissued PCNA documents, can sure wreak havoc on a person's mind.

Got a call from dealer. March 3rd built, in dealership by 10th May for 13th pick-up! Can't wait!

Just got off the phone with the dealer .. Car should be here on the 24th.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802723 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448412 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265944 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89953 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6427 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885417 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832369 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM