Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

BangoO:

So the Macan S would get the same 420HP engine as the Panamera ?

http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/actualites/scoops/porsche/porsche_macan_s2

The Macan Turbo and Turbo S get that engine if I'm correct. Macan Turbo gets a slightly detuned version of that engine with about 380-390hp, the Macan Turbo S gets the 420hp engine.

if those rumors are correct, it's gonna be a beast! :) Smiley

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)

I've put my name down with the Porsche garage that sold us our 997 as an "expression of interest" in the Macan as SWMBO will not be able to sit in a low slung sports car for much longer and we'd like to stay with Porsche if we can...

They have informed us that more info will be available "in November".

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

dreamcar:

I've put my name down with the Porsche garage that sold us our 997 as an "expression of interest" in the Macan as SWMBO will not be able to sit in a low slung sports car for much longer and we'd like to stay with Porsche if we can...

They have informed us that more info will be available "in November".

Since production starts in December, I think that more information about the Macan is going to come in around October, if Porsche really doesn't show it at the IAA in Frankfurt.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

Since production starts in December, I think that more information about the Macan is going to come in around October, if Porsche really doesn't show it at the IAA in Frankfurt.

...maybe the Porsche Macan will appear at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show in September as an official design concept, with the final production model unveiled at the LA Auto Show in November? Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley

If that is the final shape, I'd say "No Thank You" enlightened

--

"Form follows function"

Same here... I'm not a fan of Porsche SUV design at all, the Macan is not an exception for the moment. But lets wait to see it in flesh...

--

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche Macan -- A Couple More Photoshops...

Porsche Macan -- A Couple More Photoshops -- AutoBild Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

I'm pretty sure these are on the money with a few small exceptions; the headlight-embedded washers are seen on the latest cars along with the small strakes in the air intakes for the front section. The rear has proven to be almost the same in the rendering too with the low-mounted license bracket, black plastic splitter and the clear tailgate.

I would believe this is our best look at the Macan until the unveiling. With regards to engine output, I'm speculating the following:

- Macan: 250hp 4-cylinder 2.0TFSI from Audi (the Q5 uses the same engine at 165kW/220hp)

- Macan Diesel: 200hp 4-cylinder 2.0TDI from Audi (the Q5 has the same engine at 130kW/175hp)

- Macan S: 300hp 6-cylinder 3.0TFSI from Audi (technically supercharged, but using Audi lingo) (the Q5 uses this engine at 200kW/272hp)

- Macan Turbo: 400hp 6-cylinder Porsche 3.0V6 twin-turbo

- Macan Turbo S: 450hp 6-cylinder Porsche 3.0V6 twin-turbo

Having the Macan S pegged at 300hp puts a good power delta between it and the 400hp Cayenne S but power will be - on paper at least - on par with the Cayenne V6. I think the flagship Macan Turbo will match the regular Cayenne S at 400 hp, so it makes sense to have an upcoming Turbo S model a little higher than that and positioned somewhere between the Cayenne S and Turbo. This should keep the Macan below the power band of its bigger, more expensive brother the same way Porsche deals with the Boxster/Cayman and 911.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

The thing is, if you are after a mid size SUV anyway, then the Macan fits the bill well and is beautiful compared to its rivals. I like the Evoque, but until they throw in the F-type supercharged V6 in there, I'm not interested. 

rulesdontapply:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche Macan -- A Couple More Photoshops...

Porsche Macan -- A Couple More Photoshops -- AutoBild Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

I'm pretty sure these are on the money with a few small exceptions; the headlight-embedded washers are seen on the latest cars along with the small strakes in the air intakes for the front section. The rear has proven to be almost the same in the rendering too with the low-mounted license bracket, black plastic splitter and the clear tailgate.

I would believe this is our best look at the Macan until the unveiling. With regards to engine output, I'm speculating the following:

- Macan: 250hp 4-cylinder 2.0TFSI from Audi (the Q5 uses the same engine at 165kW/220hp)

- Macan Diesel: 200hp 4-cylinder 2.0TDI from Audi (the Q5 has the same engine at 130kW/175hp)

- Macan S: 300hp 6-cylinder 3.0TFSI from Audi (technically supercharged, but using Audi lingo) (the Q5 uses this engine at 200kW/272hp)

- Macan Turbo: 400hp 6-cylinder Porsche 3.0V6 twin-turbo

- Macan Turbo S: 450hp 6-cylinder Porsche 3.0V6 twin-turbo

Having the Macan S pegged at 300hp puts a good power delta between it and the 400hp Cayenne S but power will be - on paper at least - on par with the Cayenne V6. I think the flagship Macan Turbo will match the regular Cayenne S at 400 hp, so it makes sense to have an upcoming Turbo S model a little higher than that and positioned somewhere between the Cayenne S and Turbo. This should keep the Macan below the power band of its bigger, more expensive brother the same way Porsche deals with the Boxster/Cayman and 911.

rulesdontapply

Agree with you on those pictures. They are pretty accurate IMO.

Regarding the engines, I heard from some sources (one was my salesman) that the Macan will be offered with more engines and every trim will be offered in Petrol and Diesel, except the Turbo. At least in Europe.

Macan 2.0TFSI 4-cil 180hp (maybe only for some European markets like Holland, Belgium and some more, because of the eco-tax in those countries)
    Macan 2.0TFSI 4-cil 235hp
    Macan Diesel 2.0 TDI 4-cil 180hp
    Macan S 3.0TFSI V6 280hp
    Macan Diesel S 3.0TDI V6 250hp 
    Macan GTS 3.0TFSI V6 325hp
    Macan Diesel GTS 3.0TDI BiTurbo V6 315hp
    Macan Turbo 3.0 V6 380hp (Porsche engine incl. PDK)
    Macan Turbo S 3.0 V6 420hp (Porsche engine incl. PDK)
    Macan E-Hybrid 2.0 4-cil 235hp with 55hp electric motor.

Not confirmed of course but it would make sense to me if something like this would be the line-up.

--

Dont know if I like this car yet.... somehow feels to be way to small for an SUV and I like them huge. Also - design is to much "Mini Cayenne".... god sake - isn't it so difficult to find an exciting design which still goes with the family but provokes and steels your breath?

Lars997:

Dont know if I like this car yet.... somehow feels to be way to small for an SUV and I like them huge. Also - design is to much "Mini Cayenne".... god sake - isn't it so difficult to find an exciting design which still goes with the family but provokes and steels your breath?

This car actually targets the "would love to have a Cayenne but it is too big and/or too expensive" crowd. Smiley So why would Porsche want to make the Macan look much different than the Cayenne?!

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

If you like huge, this is certainly not the right car I think... It's a mid-size SUV and there's a big market for that. Personally I like the fact that it is a sort of mini-Cayenne. i like the Cayenne, but it's way to big for my needs and would never buy one. That's why I have an Audi Q5 at the moment, which need te be replaced at the end of next year, so I'm very happy with a mini-Cayenne ;)

it's all a matter of personal taste. And like most Porsches, the design has to grow on you. When I first saw the Panamera, I thought it was an very ugly car, but the more you look at it, the nicer it gets. Still not a beauty, but I like it now :)

--

Although I like the idea of a diesel GTS, it is very doubtful. In the Cayenne, you don't get PDDC or the evolved 4WD system in diesels.

On a side note I tried a Q5 with 200hp gas engine as a loaner. Nice car for the price, but it does't come close to the fun factor of a V6 Cayenne, especially the gearbox. It was hard to fit an adult and two car seats in the back. It drive significantly better than our 350hp old Q7.

RC:
    Lars997:

This car actually targets the "would love to have a Cayenne but it is too big and/or too expensive" crowd. Smiley So why would Porsche want to make the Macan look much different than the Cayenne?!

Very well said. This is exactly the role of this model. The Cayenne is a very aspirational Porsche (unfortunately I would guess more than the 911) and by offering a downsized model of the hugely successful Cayenne , they will strike it right. Imho the Macan will repeat the Cayenne success story but in bigger scale.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

SciFrog:

Although I like the idea of a diesel GTS, it is very doubtful. In the Cayenne, you don't get PDDC or the evolved 4WD system in diesels.

On a side note I tried a Q5 with 200hp gas engine as a loaner. Nice car for the price, but it does't come close to the fun factor of a V6 Cayenne, especially the gearbox. It was hard to fit an adult and two car seats in the back. It drive significantly better than our 350hp old Q7.

Here in Europe, Audi sells the SQ5 with a diesel engine that makes 313hp and 450 ft/lbs. That car, tweaked by Porsche would be a lot of fun IMO. It's already a nice car in Audi trim, so Porsche could only make it better and would be a nice car to be named Macan Diesel GTS I think. I hope they are gonna use that engine, no matter what they call it though... ;)

I agree that the Q5 isn't a car to fit a whole family, but neither do its competitors, like the BMW X3, RR Evoque etc. I also think that this range of cars are called small SUVs in the U.S., where they are mid-size SUVs over here in Europe. Or am I wrong?

I'm still very pleased with the Q5. The car fits my needs perfectly. The only downside of it, is that I would like it to be a bit more sporty and that's where Porsche steps in I hope.

--

SportCarGroup:

Same here... I'm not a fan of Porsche SUV design at all, the Macan is not an exception for the moment. But lets wait to see it in flesh...

Trying to incorporate 911 design DNA into Porsche's sedan and SUV lines leave all of them looking like fenestrated  eggshells, IMO.

In fact, to this older Porsche enthusiast, they ALL bring back memories of that ultimate rolling egg with a duck bill.....the  original 1978 928, which I was never a fan of. 

Porsche Macan: First look into the cockpit...

(1 August 2013)

Porsche will present at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2013 (November 22-December 1) the Macan - derived from the Indonesian word for tiger. For the first time, our photographer managed to shoot a photo of the interior of the mid-size SUV.

Although the Porsche is technically based on the Audi Q5, nothing in the cockpit is from the sister model from Ingolstadt. The sloping center console with numerous switches, the central rev counter and the large touchscreen for navigation, we know from other Porsche models. New, however, are the multi-function steering wheel that can be fitted at extra cost with shift paddles. The Macan will arrive in early 2014 with prices starting at 45,000 euros.

First, in three versions: Macan S with 340hp,  Macan Diesel S with 245hp and a Macan Turbo with 400hp. In all cases, a three-liter V6 provides for the drive. To follow later will be a 233hp entry-level model with 2-litre four-cylinder engine and in 2015 a 2-litre diesel with 204hp.

All variants get a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and all-wheel drive as standard. Air suspension, active suspension and switchable stability programs are extra. Customers can also choose from many extras, such as a hard drive navigation system, a Burmester sound system and ventilated 18-way sport seats.

Porsche Macan: First look into the cockpit -- AutoBild Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

I say, noway its gonna be only in November... This thing is already revealed!

SuzyF:

it's all a matter of personal taste. And like most Porsches, the design has to grow on you. When I first saw the Panamera, I thought it was an very ugly car, but the more you look at it, the nicer it gets. Still not a beauty, but I like it now :)

--

All Porsches are like that. I remember a few years back and I went to a Meguiar's detailing class with the Ferrari club. A 460 was parked next to my 997. The Ferrari design elements were beautiful. The 997 looked very German.

--
    Porsche owner since 1975.

I did a quick render using the Autozeitung photo.

Render.JPG

SuzyF:
    SciFrog:

Here in Europe, Audi sells the SQ5 with a diesel engine that makes 313hp and 450 ft/lbs. That car, tweaked by Porsche would be a lot of fun IMO. It's already a nice car in Audi trim, so Porsche could only make it better and would be a nice car to be named Macan Diesel GTS I think. I hope they are gonna use that engine, no matter what they call it though... ;)

I agree that the Q5 isn't a car to fit a whole family, but neither do its competitors, like the BMW X3, RR Evoque etc. I also think that this range of cars are called small SUVs in the U.S., where they are mid-size SUVs over here in Europe. Or am I wrong?

I'm still very pleased with the Q5. The car fits my needs perfectly. The only downside of it, is that I would like it to be a bit more sporty and that's where Porsche steps in I hope.

--

Had my first real look at an Audi Q5 and an SQ5, didn't drive it but both SWMBO and myself came away thinking that we'd prefer the BMW X3, even though the quality of the interior of the Audi was superior. We'll wait for  the Macan, and in particular pricing of the Macan before we decide as it can wait until the end of the year before we decide.

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

I feel the lights should be smaller. 

These edges are final?

macan3-md.jpg

--

dxpetrov:

I say, noway its gonna be only in November... This thing is already revealed!

Where? Smiley All the shots so far are of camouflaged cars and the sketches/PS jobs are just good guesses. 

--

Apart from lights, everything else has been shown. Makes no sense to wait anymore...

dxpetrov:

Apart from lights, everything else has been shown. Makes no sense to wait anymore...

After we saw the 991 in this condition for the first time, it were revealed two weeks later....I don't think they will wait too long...

--

I don't know...if Porsche plans to show this car in LA, it wouldn't make much sense to reveal it now, would it?!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a clue when and where it is going to be shown but I also have to admit that I didn't show too much interest in the Macan for the past couple of weeks.

--

Don't know why, but I have a strong feeling that it won't be revealed in L.A. yes It must be earlier

--

macan & cayenne.JPG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778473 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442122 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262998 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261286 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85532 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880962 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816767 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM