Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 911 GT3 (991)

frayed:

Also, the e-diff  which is crucial to turn in at entry and grip on exit.  I think the new diff is completely underappreciated.

Diffs are always underappreciated (they make an enormous difference in the way a car behaves).  There was a period of a decade where you couldn't even order an LSD on a Carrera, Boxster, or Cayman and I was furious.  Then they gave us LSD's that wore out quickly at the track on the GT models.  Hopefully, these new electrically controlled mechanical diffs will fare better...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Just for perspective, here is a "benchmark" lap in a manual GT3 RS at the Nurburgring...

The new 991 GT3 with PDK is faster (same driver...Timo Kluck...rumored time 7.25).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Just for perspective, here is a "benchmark" lap in a manual GT3 RS at the Nurburgring...

The new 991 GT3 with PDK is faster (same driver...Timo Kluck...rumored time 7.25).

What lap time do you expect from the Sport Auto Supertest of the 991 GT3 PDK? Smiley

Grant:
    frayed:

Also, the e-diff  which is crucial to turn in at entry and grip on exit.  I think the new diff is completely underappreciated.

Diffs are always underappreciated (they make an enormous difference in the way a car behaves).  There was a period of a decade where you couldn't even order an LSD on a Carrera, Boxster, or Cayman and I was furious.  Then they gave us LSD's that wore out quickly at the track on the GT models.  Hopefully, these new electrically controlled mechanical diffs will fare better...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Agreed!

--

991 GT3 incoming, 964 Turbo 3.6, E36 M3 ltw S54 conversion, bunch of other stuff

Allocations were given to US dealers today. My dealer got 9 cars total for this and next year. I was assigned a built date in the second quarter of 2014. On the positive side, hopefully more options will be available by then including the sport bucket seat. The downside is if you are either financing or leasing the car it will be more costly because interest rates will be going up before then. Also, there is a possibility that Porsche will increase the price of the car since interest rates will be going up.

I find it interesting that though Porsche claims US cars will be built in October, as of yet I have not heard of one person who is either one or two on the list getting a build date this year. 

Eh. Cash buyer here.   Have to check on car total w dealer. I think 8. 

--

991 GT3 incoming, 964 Turbo 3.6, E36 M3 ltw S54 conversion, bunch of other stuff

nberry:

Allocations were given to US dealers today. My dealer got 9 cars total for this and next year. I was assigned a built date in the second quarter of 2014. On the positive side, hopefully more options will be available by then including the sport bucket seat. The downside is if you are either financing or leasing the car it will be more costly because interest rates will be going up before then. Also, there is a possibility that Porsche will increase the price of the car since interest rates will be going up.

I find it interesting that though Porsche claims US cars will be built in October, as of yet I have not heard of one person who is either one or two on the list getting a build date this year. 

Hi nberry. How does 9 cars across the production of the 991 GT3  compare with your dealers allocation of previous generation (997.1 or 2) GT3 out of interest?

I agree Porsche will have trouble keeping the price is the USD stays strong.

I havent hear of anyone getting delivery before Q1 2014 at this stage in the USA either. However if a car was made mid Oct it would unlikely be in a customers hands in the USA before mid Dec in any case I guess...

Frayed, I had planned to write a check as well. Then my sale guy told me about the short term lease that Porsche offers which apparently is VERY attractive. Porsche wants used new models and encourages cars being turned in for possible new car purchases. After two years, turn the car in with an excellent residual worry free.

Macca, I have suspected all along that that the US deliveries are being delay in the hope of Porsche getting seats certified and being able to offer other options on cars destined for the US.

nberry:

You're kidding right? 9 cars in 2 years? IN California? My local dealers gets more than that.

If I were you, I'd buy something else. That's way too far away. By the time you get your car, 2nd hands will already be hitting the market.

How about a MP4-12C? :)

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

You're kidding right? 9 cars in 2 years? IN California? My local dealers gets more than that.

If I were you, I'd buy something else. That's way too far away. By the time you get your car, 2nd hands will already be hitting the market.

How many GT3s is your dealer getting and over what time period ??

My dealer in Germany has two GT3 allocations this year and one is already sold. Not many cars if you ask me but also interesting that one is still available. Dealer is actually thinking of getting the second car as a showroom car, hoping it would sell out off the showroom at some point.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Id imagine for  a German buyer there would be no rush to have the car delivered in winter as its hardly a vehicle you would put winter tyres on. Maybe that explains the lack of interest for a early delivery. In NZ there are 5 being delivered in the first batch (Jan/Feb 2014) and all are now spoken for....

macca993:

Id imagine for  a German buyer there would be no rush to have the car delivered in winter as its hardly a vehicle you would put winter tyres on. Maybe that explains the lack of interest for a early delivery. In NZ there are 5 being delivered in the first batch (Jan/Feb 2014) and all are now spoken for....

This is possible. I'm actually not sure why Porsche decided to offer the GT3 and the new Turbo/Turbo S in autumn, these cars should have been available in late spring or early summer but I guess development wasn't finished or maybe they finished it earlier (2013 instead 2014) I don't have a clue.

It is also interesting that nobody over here seems to know if the GT3 customer cars will go to dealerships before or after the IAA in Frankfurt. The IAA ends Sept. 22nd, so theoretically, the GT3 and the new Turbo/Turbo S could ship immediately afterwards. Still heard the rumor that the GT3 could actually make it to customers before the IAA, with first cars built end of August.

--

macca993:

I will be putting winter tyres on mine, as soon as it arrives!

Yeah but you don' have autobahns LOL! Seriously though I spent a few weeks in Germany in winder once doing alot of autobahn miles and I saw no GT3s. I thought I had been duped. This was the land of the Porsche!

Jan/Feb delivery timing for Southern Hemisphere is timely for summer. There has to be some benefit for 8 weeks shipping time and 60% premium charged for Porsches in NZ & Australia after all!

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

I am acutely aware of this. My name has been on the list since early this year. Yet, I probably will not get the car until June of 2014. That will be 1 1/2 years. That is assuming it get built in the first part of the second quarter. If it gets built in June, I don't get the car until August 2014. Hell, when I was buying Ferrari's I didn't have to wait anywhere near that length of time.

There still may be a chance I get moved up for production date. Not many are ahead of me and if they drop out i.e. lack of MT I get moved up. For now I don't plan to make any moves.

PRL1:

How many GT3s is your dealer getting and over what time period ??

My dealer has 9 deposits for the GT3, and 5 more for the GT3RS when it comes out. They seems be quite confident to be able to fill at least 5 of those GT3 orders this year. 

Whoopsy, it is highly unlikely he will get five cars this year UNLESS they are for buyers of the 918. They have priority though it does not count against the dealer allocation. Also, should any of the 918 buyers opt not to take delivery of the GT3 the dealer cannot sell it and must return it to PCNA.

There is only me and one other 918 buyer, neither of us ordered a GT3. The 5 is really their allocation. The other 918 buyer bought the Turbo S 918 Edition though. My friend who is #5 on the list is getting a December 2013 build date FYI.

I asked the allocation question today, he thought I wanted one and told me I 'might' get a Dec allocation the earliest if I wanted one and use my VIP status. I kinda of decode that wording meaning he is getting 5 build allocations for sure before the end of the year. 

Hello, I'm new here and I've been reading this forum a lot. Thanks for all the info!

So I'm from Luxembourg and I've ordered a GT3 2 days after its presentation in Geneva. I currently own a Nissan GTR and although I like the car a lot, it's just too fast and efficient for it's own good (if you see what I mean?).

I'm usually not the Porsche guy but I have to say that for me Porsche has more or less built the perfect car. Of course it'll be my daily driver and for sure I'll put winter tires on it ;-). I have a end of October delivery as I took the lift system so I guess it'll get the winter tires right away.

Before anybody comes with the paddle shifter thing, I race historic cars so I know my way around a manual shifter, I just think that on modern cars we should have modern technology and to be honest it's much nicer in traffic ;-) (try to get out of Le Mans on a Sunday afternoon with a Fiat Maranello 575 manual and you'll see what I'm talking about). And I'm impressed by the new PDK, like Preuninger said, you can do everything you can do with a manual.

Cheers, Tom

TomTomGTA:

Fiat Maranello 575 manual

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHASmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Super Darius:
    TomTomGTA:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHASmiley

My father used to call his 599, the Fiat Seicento, that's where it comes fromSmiley Btw: I see you are from lake como, I have family there and we own a holiday house in San Giovanni di Bellagio.

TomTomGTA:
    Super Darius:
    TomTomGTA:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHASmiley

My father used to call his 599, the Fiat Seicento, that's where it comes fromSmiley Btw: I see you are from lake como, I have family there and we own a holiday house in San Giovanni di Bellagio.

great place,but i'm not so near the lake,i'm between Como,Varese and Milano,at 30 min. from each one.

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

I just checked the allocations at my dealer . He gets 2 cars this year and he does not know how many for next year .

I made an pre-order for a GT3 RS .   He thinks he might only get one .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Does anyone know when the first GT3 should be delivered to customers in Europe (Germany or Austria)?

Is it correct that it'll be beginning of october (same time as for the 991 TT/TTS)?

Whoopsy:

There is only me and one other 918 buyer, neither of us ordered a GT3. The 5 is really their allocation. The other 918 buyer bought the Turbo S 918 Edition though. My friend who is #5 on the list is getting a December 2013 build date FYI.

I asked the allocation question today, he thought I wanted one and told me I 'might' get a Dec allocation the earliest if I wanted one and use my VIP status. I kinda of decode that wording meaning he is getting 5 build allocations for sure before the end of the year. 

Your dealer must have a lot of influence with Porsche. My dealer (a Premiere large dealer) is getting one build in November, one in December, two for the first quarter, two for the second quarter of 2014 and only three more for the entire year. A total of nine cars. How a dealer in Canada can get 5 this year is beyond my comprehension. The system is rigged.Smiley

nberry:
    Whoopsy:

Your dealer must have a lot of influence with Porsche. My dealer (a Premiere large dealer) is getting one build in November, one in December, two for the first quarter, two for the second quarter of 2014 and only three more for the entire year. A total of nine cars. How a dealer in Canada can get 5 this year is beyond my comprehension. The system is rigged.Smiley

Nick, call up Newport Auto Center and see if you can get a better position.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Lord_Driftalot:

Does anyone know when the first GT3 should be delivered to customers in Europe (Germany or Austria)?

Is it correct that it'll be beginning of october (same time as for the 991 TT/TTS)?

This is actually the weirdest thing I ever encountered: Normally, Porsche seems to set a certain date and this is when cars are allowed to be delivered to customers. 
    All I have so far is a delivery embargo for the 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th) but even this one doesn't seem to be fixed.

Also: The 991 Turbo doesn't seem to make it to customers before November or even December, which is kind of weird.

Another weird thing: I heard that GT3 production starts end of July and first (ordered, dealers or customers) cars go to dealers end of August. Now I just heard that there will be a delivery embargo until after the IAA in Frankfurt (ends September 22nd...I think). A short time later, another source told me that first GT3 customer cars may be delivered early September. 

As you can see: Pretty weird.

Right now, my 991 Turbo S production(!) is planned for end of September. 

Now take the new 991 Carrera S Anniversary Edition: Some dates have changed here too (I haven't asked but apparently there are some changes going on).

Then, there was a 991 Turbo S guy on a US Porsche forum who claimed that he got a FIXED production date in October, he named the precise date. This is impossible since fixed dates haven't been set yet. My 991 Turbo S allocation will be fixed on July 3rd (after that, I cannot change the order) or so and this is when I may found out the precise production date (still end of September though...I assume).

Which brings me to the next weird thing: If my 991 Turbo S will be produced end of September, why can't I change the options (like color or whatever) after July 3rd. This would actually suggest that the car will be produced in August and not September. Smiley

I may have the chance to find out more about the GT3 and Turbo S production start mid of July or so.

The latest rumor actually indicates that the GT3 production starts end of July. So why would first customer cars go do dealers in September? Smiley

Actually, I think that the Porsche dealers have all the information they need to inform customers but I don't know why they keep them hidden or don't share them. Weird.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805748 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449121 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266758 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90302 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6966 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886710 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835423 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM