Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

RC:

The Panamera is huge...another photo from last weekend in Munich.

mcar.jpg

Now that's a sinister car! Smiley

many thanks for your impression and pictures!

few days ago i saw a blue panamera gts at my local dealer with these black window surroundings.

prefered it over the black one besides it.

i took some photos but that blue colour is not well cptured on my digital camera

Christian,

great pics and story.

do you have a v-box device to measure acceleration?

I dont doubt that you have outrun all these cars as they are very slow comparing to PTS...

your car is very fast!

OMGG RC, Your Panamera is AMAZING !!! angel one of the best looking Panameras i've seen, If not the best !!!

SmileySmiley

--
    Happy Driving

artur777:

Christian,

great pics and story.

do you have a v-box device to measure acceleration?

I dont doubt that you have outrun all these cars as they are very slow comparing to PTS...

your car is very fast!

I know that it is no big deal to outrun the Audi S7 and RS5 in a Panamera Turbo S but the difference was very noticeable, I've never thought it would be that obvious. This is why I reported it.

No, Racelogic doesn't support a Panamera CAN connection, so I'm using the more primitive Performance Box (which actually works quite well if the external GPS antenna is attached).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

pxaxh:

OMGG RC, Your Panamera is AMAZING !!! angel one of the best looking Panameras i've seen, If not the best !!!

Thank you so much. Smiley Smiley

I have to keep up a reputation... Smiley (just kidding, I just love black on black on cars).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

..what always strikes me is the length of the car...the Pana is just 7 cm / ca. 3 inches longer than a 5 series bmw and still looks so huuuuge in comparison...yes, and: HAPPY DRIVING ! 

Christian, that car has made you 10 years younger in terms of specifications chosen smiley

Fantastic looking car. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving person kiss

d997h:

..what always strikes me is the length of the car...the Pana is just 7 cm / ca. 3 inches longer than a 5 series bmw and still looks so huuuuge in comparison...yes, and: HAPPY DRIVING ! 

Yes, the Panamera and the new BMW 5 series are almost the same size but the Panamera looks huge.

Not sure why but I think the rear may  have something to do with that.

On the other hand, the Panamera looks very low when you stand next to it, almost like a sports car.

--

Mike S:

Christian, that car has made you 10 years younger in terms of specifications chosen smiley

Fantastic looking car. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving person kiss

Thanks, Mike. Smiley

--

RC:
    d997h:

Yes, the Panamera and the new BMW 5 series are almost the same size but the Panamera looks huge.

Not sure why but I think the rear may  have something to do with that.

On the other hand, the Panamera looks very low when you stand next to it, almost like a sports car.

Guess when you park it next to a 5 series station wagon the Panamera looks pretty similar in size. Not to forget though that it is lower and wider than the BMW.

If  I calculate correctly, Panamera's ratio of width to height is greater than same ratio in a 991, so Panamera appears very low and "planted" to the ground.

Panamera:  55.8 inches high, 83.2 wide

991:  50.9 inches high, 71.1 inches wide

Wonderbar:

If  I calculate correctly, Panamera's ratio of width to height is greater than same ratio in a 991, so Panamera appears very low and "planted" to the ground.

Panamera:  55.8 inches high, 83.2 wide

991:  50.9 inches high, 71.1 inches wide

Interesting, I haven't noticed but indeed, many people are surprised when they see my Panamera in flesh and how "sporty" it actually looks.

What bothers me a little bit though is that some people seem to think that the Panamera is actually a re-badged VW Phaeton or Audi A8, which is not true at all (not even a bit). I don't know where this perception is coming from but no matter how much I argue, I see that grin in their faces and I know exactly that I can't convince them. Smiley

--

don't worry...since the takeover, ALL Porsche models are supposed to be re-badged VW cars anyway...broken heart...smiley...

d997h:

don't worry...since the takeover, ALL Porsche models are supposed to be re-badged VW cars anyway...broken heart...smiley...

Easy tiger...Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

my post was meant to be pure sarcasm...Smiley...

Something else...the Porsche wireless handset for the PCM integrated phone (bluetooth). It works quite well, it connects extremely fast to the PCM system and what is really impressive is signal strength when using a separate SIM card in the PCM system, very good phone.

foto11.jpg

A small performance update: The car has only 1600 km, not really perfectly run in yet (it should get to it's full potential between 5000 and 10000 km). After filling up the fuel tank, I did three "calibration" runs with the Performance Box, all three from 0 to 160 kph but without launch control (I don't want to use launch control yet before I pass 3000 km).

The average time was 8.8 seconds, which is nothing really special but considering the low mileage, the full tank and the fact that I didn't use launch control, it is quite OK.

Oh, I also noticed that I was doing these runs in Sport mode instead of Sport Plus mode but I'm not sure this really makes a difference.

Hoping to hit 8 seconds flat when the car is run in and when using launch control and Sport Plus mode.

--

I love this car, looks fantastic . Enjoy.

RC:

Something else...the Porsche wireless handset for the PCM integrated phone (bluetooth). It works quite well, it connects extremely fast to the PCM system and what is really impressive is signal strength when using a separate SIM card in the PCM system, very good phone.

--

RC - what's the point of this, when your mobile phone connects via bluetooth when you get in the car?

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Budster:
    RC:

--

RC - what's the point of this, when your mobile phone connects via bluetooth when you get in the car?

1. Better reception/call quality

2. Better reception/call quality

and

3. Did I mentioned better reception/call quality? 

Smiley  Smiley

Another advantage: Rear passengers or co-pilot can talk all day long without bothering me (keep in mind that I have a wife and a daughter and they literally sleep with their phone... Smiley).

--

RC:

The average time was 8.8 seconds, which is nothing really special but considering the low mileage, the full tank and the fact that I didn't use launch control, it is quite OK.

Consider your own weight too. Is it above the EU Regulation weight of 75 kgs? Smiley indecision

--

"Form follows function"

...how can you be so nasty ? I mean, we are certainly only talking about a 500 gramms difference here...Smiley...(says the 94 kg guy writing this post...)...

reginos:
    RC:

Consider your own weight too. Is it above the EU Regulation weight of 75 kgs? Smiley indecision

Smiley I'm afraid I violated EU regulations and my son was with me in the car too. Smiley

--

Interesting figure

8 secs for 0-160 means 11,5-12 secs for 0-200

artur777:

Interesting figure

8 secs for 0-160 means 11,5-12 secs for 0-200

I'm not absurd, I don't think that my Turbo S runs that good, to achieve 11.5 seconds (best I saw was 11.8 seconds in a review) but 12 seconds flat should be possible. Which is slightly better than the 0-200 kph performance of the 997.1 Turbo with Tiptronic. Smiley

Everything under 13 seconds is OK for the Panamera Turbo S.

Have I told you about the overboost trick? Not sure how much of a performance gain this provides but I will try it. It should have a substantial benefit in the 200-300 kph range.

Overboost stops after 10 seconds but it is sufficient to reduce throttle only a tiny bit and then fully press it again and the overboost continues for another 10 seconds. I have to train this. Smiley

--

RC:

Overboost stops after 10 seconds but it is sufficient to reduce throttle only a tiny bit and then fully press it again and the overboost continues for another 10 seconds. I have to train this. Smiley

Watch out so you don't void the warranty with your tricks Smiley

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Unless the ops manual advises against this over boost trick, there cannot be any warranty issues, as it is a normal function of the car.

--

2003 Cayenne Turbo

bigbuzuki:

Unless the ops manual advises against this over boost trick, there cannot be any warranty issues, as it is a normal function of the car.

Smiley Smiley

Even launch control can be used as many times as you wish because at some point, if the system senses too high temperatures in the system (PDK, etc.), it reduces power to avoid damage. Smiley

--

Christian - I've waited for a while to ask this question whilst you acclimatise yourself with the car and get some mileage on the clock.  But I'd be interested to know if you've noticed any changes or improvements in PDK on your PTS compared with your previous Carrera GTS...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803696 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448668 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266262 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90139 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6705 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885977 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833833 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM