Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

For me, driving at these speeds is nothing special but I can see how others have issues or concerns with that.

I just don't see a reason to v-max any car with kids onboard. Smiley

That said, no issues here RC, I was just stating that it was not something I would choose to do. I wish you very save, high speed autobahn drives with the whole family onboard. Smiley

I adapt to traffic and always drive as fast as possible but never at the limit (on public streets). This always worked just fine with me, I never really think about how fast I am going, it is an adaptation to circumstances and traffic. The only reason I actually looked on the speedo was that I realized that the speed didn't increase for a couple of seconds and I was surprised why not. This is also the reason why you never see high speed photos from me, with a couple of rare occasions because it is just too dangerous to do them myself at that speed. I bought a Hero Cam 2 though... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

spudgun:

For me, driving at these speeds is nothing special but I can see how others have issues or concerns with that.

I just don't see a reason to v-max any car with kids onboard. Smiley

That said, no issues here RC, I was just stating that it was not something I would choose to do. I wish you very save, high speed autobahn drives with the whole family onboard. Smiley

Talking about Vmax isn´t correct. If you never would Vmax then would you Vmax -1 km/h? No, or?

So you have to adapt your driving. I have driven with my family once 327 km/h and for that moment it was OK. 

If everything is clear, the road wide enough and .... you can drive 300 or more. If something breaks at 250 or 300 there is no difference. Just take care about the other and your reaction times.

RC: don´t put Samsonite in your Panamera take Rimowa in black. I mean if you get one day the car Smiley

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

RC: don´t put Samsonite in your Panamera take Rimowa in black. I mean if you get one day the car Smiley

Smiley Smiley

They will probably deliver my car when the facelift is already available. Smiley

Joking aside, the factory car has been reserved for me until June 15th, so I guess my car should be delivered by then. Somebody needs his car back when he returns from vacation. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about my average fuel consumption over the past 700 km or so (mixed city/Autobahn driving incl. Vmax): 16.9 liters / 100 km. I am not joking. I can't believe it myself. I always drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode but due to the high torque figure in the lower rev range, I don't really need to accelerate too much to get a proper result. Maybe this makes a differences vs. my C63 AMG Coupe...average fuel consumption so far in the 19.x liters /100 km range.

Oh...the car has the automatic start stop function...deactivated. I wonder if I can have it deactivated in my car too but I guess this is exclusive to Porsche employees. Oh boy, are they lucky. The automatic start stop function always drove me mad in some loaners I had in the past during vacations in Europe.

--

should be possible with the Vag-Com equivalent of Porsche...

rs-6:

I think a friend once tried using PiWiS but it wasn't possible.
    Smiley

Of course I could always press the automatic start stop OFF button but this is kind of annoying.

--

How do like that keyless entry thing?

RC:

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about my average fuel consumption over the past 700 km or so (mixed city/Autobahn driving incl. Vmax): 16.9 liters / 100 km. I am not joking. I can't believe it myself. I always drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode but due to the high torque figure in the lower rev range, I don't really need to accelerate too much to get a proper result. Maybe this makes a differences vs. my C63 AMG Coupe...average fuel consumption so far in the 19.x liters /100 km range.

Oh...the car has the automatic start stop function...deactivated. I wonder if I can have it deactivated in my car too but I guess this is exclusive to Porsche employees. Oh boy, are they lucky. The automatic start stop function always drove me mad in some loaners I had in the past during vacations in Europe.

It is possible - just tell your dealer.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    RC:

It is possible - just tell your dealer.

Coding doesn't seem to work on latest cars but I will try as soon as my car arrives.  Apparently the start stop automatic is now part of the pollution certification, this is why it is mandatory (I tried to order the car without PDK & auto start stop option but the system doesn't permit it anymore).

Keep your fingers crossed... Smiley

--

bluewonder:
    How do like that keyless entry thing?

Keyless entry? I had this on my Cayenne Turbo S and also have it on my C63 AMG Coupe and I like it a lot. I wear jeans most of the time and I have a key chain with 8 keys in my pocket, so I prefer not to try to get out the car key out of my pocket. Smiley

So yes, I like the keyless entry/start system a lot but I wish Porsche would offer a button like Mercedes or BMW.

--

Where there's a will there's a way broken heart

RC:
    rs-6:

I think a friend once tried using PiWiS but it wasn't possible.
    Smiley

Of course I could always press the automatic start stop OFF button but this is kind of annoying.

When I had Evotech software on my E92 M3, the new software had shut off the "stop-start" function completely.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Nice wink

A small update on my Panamera Turbo S's fate: Nothing new I'm afraid. I was supposed to keep the Panamera Turbo Powerkit loaner from Porsche until today but nothing has changed, so I'm going to keep it longer. I don't really complaint, the car is amazing and it is for free but I kind of get worried on how my "baby" is doing over there in Leipzig. Kind of a weird situation but at least Porsche handled it well...oh...actually perfect.

"Somebody" at Porsche will miss his car a little bit longer, I'm afraid (I'm really sorry...). yes

--

After this whole thing is over will we be able to know what the problem was that held back PTS deliveries?

Enmanuel:

After this whole thing is over will we be able to know what the problem was that held back PTS deliveries?

I know what the problem is but this doesn't really help me to get my car earlier. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Enmanuel:

I know what the problem is but this doesn't really help me to get my car earlier. Smiley Smiley

I know that you know, I meant if you'll be able to explain to those of us that don't. I remember you couldn't talk about it when you found out exactly, so I was hoping to get the details when it was sorted out. 

I already said it... angry Can't go into details though, sorry.

--

RC:

A small update on my Panamera Turbo S's fate: Nothing new I'm afraid. I was supposed to keep the Panamera Turbo Powerkit loaner from Porsche until today but nothing has changed, so I'm going to keep it longer. I don't really complaint, the car is amazing and it is for free but I kind of get worried on how my "baby" is doing over there in Leipzig. Kind of a weird situation but at least Porsche handled it well...oh...actually perfect.

"Somebody" at Porsche will miss his car a little bit longer, I'm afraid (I'm really sorry...). yes

I feel for you!  My delivery is in 10 days...

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

May be they have a Le Mans surprise for you Smiley calling you the car is ready before the race Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

May be they have a Le Mans surprise for you Smiley calling you the car is ready before the race Smiley

Smiley Smiley

I have one consolation though: My car will be one of a kind (hopefully in a good way). Smiley

--

Enjoyed reading this thread. Sorry to hear about your order issues. I took delivery of my new pan turbo S (black/biege with PCCB + burmester must have options) on 06/06/2012 (5 months on order) from my dealer near Starnberg. Had a delay of 11 wks in relation to the titan turbos but that was it. The delivery to my dealer by the transport service took like 2 days.

Very happy with car and agree with your comments about the pan handling. I cannot believe how good it is.

Moving from a 997 turbo S to the pan turbo S actually seems to have lost very little for me but gained extra space, comfort and handling! (as I do not track the car). The only thing I miss is the outrageous acceleration of the 997 turbo , but only by a smidgen!

Blasting down the autobahn the pan turbo S is absolutely supreme - I would say much better than my previous mkI 997 turbo and 997 turbo S.

This weekend I will do a direct comparison with a friend who tests the new M5. Personally having owned a 2008 M3, I would never go back to a front engined rear drive configuration. Will post some findings.

kabir911:

Enjoyed reading this thread. Sorry to hear about your order issues. I took delivery of my new pan turbo S (black/biege with PCCB + burmester must have options) on 06/06/2012 (5 months on order) from my dealer near Starnberg. Had a delay of 11 wks in relation to the titan turbos but that was it. The delivery to my dealer by the transport service took like 2 days.

I had the same additional waiting time (11 weeks) because of the titan turbo chargers but when my car was ready for transport end of May, they stopped the delivery for a certain reason but it was too late for the paperwork....so my dealer got the car documents but not the car. Smiley

Just out of curiosity(if you already ran-in your car): What is your max. boost pressure (no matter at what rev figure)?

Can't wait to hear about your comparison to the M5 but keep in mind that the Panamera Turbo S engine needs a couple of thousands of km to be at full power. Smiley

Have fun. Smiley Still no sign of mine... Smiley

--

I've been sort of babying the car with burst runs upto 6k rpms, basically normal driving without full throttle. I noticed boost reached 0.8bar at times. Have 1500kms and will risk full throttle this weekend, simply cannot wait for 2k or 3k. Is there actually a run-in period? It seems not for europe but certainly for the states (written in the USA handbook anyway).

kabir911:

I've been sort of babying the car with burst runs upto 6k rpms, basically normal driving without full throttle. I noticed boost reached 0.8bar at times. Have 1500kms and will risk full throttle this weekend, simply cannot wait for 2k or 3k. Is there actually a run-in period? It seems not for europe but certainly for the states (written in the USA handbook anyway).

I would suggest to be careful with the first 1500 km (not more than 4500 rpm...I know it can be tough).

The problem is not the engine but the drivetrain.

Keep it under 5000 rpm for the first 2000 km, then you can slowly go faster.

Some people are careful til 500 km, then they raise the pace to 1500 km and then over 2000 km, they don't care anymore. It is very difficult to give you a perfect run-in advice but I think the first 1500 km are kind of crucial. For the drivetrain.

If you plan to keep your car only a year or two, you may not care though. Smiley

--

kabir911:

Very happy with car and agree with your comments about the pan handling. I cannot believe how good it is.

Moving from a 997 turbo S to the pan turbo S actually seems to have lost very little for me but gained extra space, comfort and handling! (as I do not track the car). The only thing I miss is the outrageous acceleration of the 997 turbo , but only by a smidgen!

Blasting down the autobahn the pan turbo S is absolutely supreme - I would say much better than my previous mkI 997 turbo and 997 turbo S.

This weekend I will do a direct comparison with a friend who tests the new M5. Personally having owned a 2008 M3, I would never go back to a front engined rear drive configuration. Will post some findings.

Thx for you first impressions particularly in comparison with the 997 Turbo S. Right now I'm in a decision dilemma between my current 997 TS and to order a PTS. In addition, the BMW M5 also plays a role in my considerations. I really don't know what to do. Smiley
    You have probably made ​​similar considerations but at the end with a clear conclusion. Congratulations.Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

RC

Just out of curiosity(if you already ran-in your car): What is your max. boost pressure (no matter at what rev figure)?

I wonder what we might read from that about RC's mysterious motor..?!

BTW - I hope they aren't taking your debit order off your bank account yet..?!

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Conny997

I only considered the pts because i needed the space for my baby. Now i have it i would not look back at the 997tts. As said only the brutal acceleration is what is less. For someone who tracks regularly he/she may be better with a 997tts.
    I hit the autobahns pretty hard, often 300kms+ and i find the pts much better.

Good luck with your decision.

kabir911:
    Conny997

I only considered the pts because i needed the space for my baby. Now i have it i would not look back at the 997tts. As said only the brutal acceleration is what is less. For someone who tracks regularly he/she may be better with a 997tts.
    I hit the autobahns pretty hard, often 300kms+ and i find the pts much better.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks a lot. Maybe y've already helped me. Smiley
    To be more specific: I don't track the car but I do a lot Autobahn km. So the decision turns slowly but surely in the right direction...Smiley

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803421 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448619 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266195 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90103 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6647 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885832 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833441 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM