Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

I fell with you... So painful if you have to wait longer and longer!

But - amlost done buddy.... You provably can start counting the hours! :)

... Cant wait for the pictures..... will check tomorrow morning if there are some online ;)

This is a long haul by any standards - I feel your pain..laugh

Have you already let the GTS go to pastures new..?  

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Any news? 

Ferdie:

Any news? 

Well...should I worry?

abgebrannt-788316_400_0.jpg

topTeaser_crop_Autotransporter-mit-Porsches-brennt-auf-der-Autobahn-1.jpg

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

it´s a joke, or????

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Oh dear... but that specific Panamera rather looks like dark blue metallic!

Ferdie:

That's because of the heat brightened up the paint. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Wow....angry

--

Don't worry guys...this was just a possible scenario.  yes

Fact is: My car has been loaded on a truck last week and...hold your breath...nobody knows where that truck is now.

My Porsche dealer has prepared everything for a Friday or even Saturday delivery (which is actually unusual for them but I really begged them) but the car hasn't arrived yet. It should have arrived Monday or latest Tuesday.

The dealer called Porsche to try to get more details but they haven't called back yet.

The car can only arrive today or tomorrow morning. If it doesn't arrive until tomorrow 12 pm, I won't get it before next week Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here). Earliest. Crap... mail

The problem is the registration and my dealer advised against making the registration without the car even being present for various reasons (for example if a vital option is missing or wrong, whatever).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Ferdie:

Maybe, but there are another half-dozen cars on that delivery truck. Smiley

Is that the A8 between Stuttgart and Augsburg, by any chance?   Smiley  Smiley

--

fritz

Yep, this was the A8 but this happened last year...one of the cars was actually at my dealer because only the rear burned out, it looked pretty weird (half of the car was still OK).

Oops...A9...but one of the cars landed at my dealer, don't have a clue why. Smiley

--

"Around 9.30, the 37-year-old driver of the truck noticed after the departure of the mountain Bindlacher a defect in the tire of his vehicle and stopped the van on the hard shoulder. Shortly thereafter, flames were already out of the first vehicle, which immediately seized on the charged three Porsche Cayenne Porsche Panamera and three. Due to the enormous smoke came immediately to obstructions on the highway.

The local fire departments had the fire quickly but under control, however, could burn out the trailer and five of the luxury cars no longer be avoided. The driver of the van was uninjured.

For the fire-fighting operations, the A 9 in the south was blocked completely at times."

1474198_1_JPEG11193eee.jpg1474197_1_JPEG111940b7.jpg1474196_1_JPEG111941bf.jpg

--

The Panamera looks dark blue...and the rims are not like RC's....

491582_m1msw440q75v36533_31-24378420.jpg

--

fritz:
    Ferdie:

Maybe, but there are another half-dozen cars on that delivery truck. Smiley

That´s why I referred to this specific car. I wouldn´t necessarily want my car to be on the same truck, even if it would be significantly less damaged.

Smiley

The weird thing is that all of these trucks are equipped with GPS, so the transport company actually knows exactly where the truck is but apparently Porsche can't get (or doesn't want?) to get ahold of that information. yes

They promised to call back today...so I keep my fingers crossed. My son already tortures me..."you promised...". Well... yes

--

It is Friday now. I am going to pick up my son at school before 12 pm and will be heading with him to my Porsche dealer. Since my dealer hasn't called yet, I doubt that the car has arrived, which is very sad.

My dealer promised yesterday morning to call back with more information about the location of my car but...he didn't. I really don't know what is going on but apparently they couldn't care less. They don't understand (or care) that a long holiday weekend is coming and I want my car. A car which, according to them, should have already arrived end of last week or early this week.

I don't blame them directly, it is not in their power to decide when the car arrives but if they would have told me in time, I could have made some requests and maybe the car would have been here earlier. Even a day would have counted in my case. I blame them however for not really caring about my car, they didn't call and it would be easy for them to find out where my car is since all transports are equipped with GPS.

Right now, I am in fighting mode and this is why I take my son with me to the dealer. Without him, I would probably tell them in a very unfriendly language what I think about them. This is not the way to treat a customer you just sold a 200k EUR car to. A customer who was always friendly and understanding and never put any kind of pressure on them. They know I could have.

I get it: It is a long holiday weekend, some of the people are already in holiday mode. Still...this is no excuse.

A little hope remains (that the car gets to my dealer until 12 pm) but I have a feeling this isn't going to happen. My son is very sad (I am to blame for that because I promised him, based on the dealer promises) and whoever has a kid knows what I'm talking about.

--

RC:

It is Friday now. I am going to pick up my son at school before 12 pm and will be heading with him to my Porsche dealer. Since my dealer hasn't called yet, I doubt that the car has arrived, which is very sad.

My dealer promised yesterday morning to call back with more information about the location of my car but...he didn't. I really don't know what is going on but apparently they couldn't care less. They don't understand (or care) that a long holiday weekend is coming and I want my car. A car which, according to them, should have already arrived end of last week or early this week.

I don't blame them directly, it is not in their power to decide when the car arrives but if they would have told me in time, I could have made some requests and maybe the car would have been here earlier. Even a day would have counted in my case. I blame them however for not really caring about my car, they didn't call and it would be easy for them to find out where my car is since all transports are equipped with GPS.

Right now, I am in fighting mode and this is why I take my son with me to the dealer. Without him, I would probably tell them in a very unfriendly language what I think about them. This is not the way to treat a customer you just sold a 200k EUR car to. A customer who was always friendly and understanding and never put any kind of pressure on them. They know I could have.

I get it: It is a long holiday weekend, some of the people are already in holiday mode. Still...this is no excuse.

A little hope remains (that the car gets to my dealer until 12 pm) but I have a feeling this isn't going to happen. My son is very sad (I am to blame for that because I promised him, based on the dealer promises) and whoever has a kid knows what I'm talking about.

--

Based on my experience such things happen at this dealer (based in A..., right?) quite often. When I placed an order for the GT2RS (after buying a GT2 with them two years earlier) I had to call them to find out they don't have one left for me. I was not pleased by this kind of service, I have to say. It is good that there are other Porsche dealers as well Smiley

Good luck with finding your car - I hope you get it in time SmileySmileySmiley

Why haven't you told me? Sorry to hear that.

I will make them pay for this behaviour, my "old" dealer (he surfs the forums from time to time ) knows that I am not the kind of person to let it go.

Funny stuff: My sales person complainted to me two weeks ago that he doesn't sell a single used car, the market is "dead". I was really surprised to hear that because I heard a different story from a dealer in Munich. After this whole "situation" with my PTS right now, I started to understand why. This could be my last Porsche from them.

I am not crazy or absurd, if the car isn't ready, it isn't ready, the dealer can't do anything about it. Almost three weeks ago, they told me that the car is ready and two weeks ago, they said it has been loaded on a truck. Since then, no details anymore...and they can get details, I know that.

It is about communication with the customer but ignoring him is the worst thing a business person can do.

--

RC....what was the contractual delivery date when you ordered the car?

--

2003 Cayenne Turbo

ask to see the Dealer Principal (the top man) at the dealer. explain to him your disappointment, and let him offer some gestures .. don't ask. see whether he offers, and negotiate from there. say, a track day at Leipzig for you and your son

the DP's reaction will tell you lots about how much they value your business

it's shocking that they have treated a Euro 200k purchase like some spare parts enquiry.

sfo:

ask to see the Dealer Principal (the top man) at the dealer. explain to him your disappointment, and let him offer some gestures .. don't ask. see whether he offers, and negotiate from there. say, a track day at Leipzig for you and your son

the DP's reaction will tell you lots about how much they value your business.

That is indeed very good advice! kiss

RC, crossing fingers that it turns out successful for you. The value of your purchase makes their behavior look even more embarassing.

This is like an exciting short story about the purchase and final delivery of  a fine sports car!  Lots of tension, excitement, good and bad characters, a father and son relationship, mystery, even a final scene taking place (or not) around a festive holiday weekend.  Keep writing the story RC, I am hooked!

Sorry to hear that Christian surprise how can the freaking truck take so long!! it left quite a while ago yes

The dealer should have been more on top of this...

--

Its a British made truck and the driver is a wee Scotsman......

I think the delay is not so enormous. Vehicles get delayed for various reasons, even within the same country.

It is the OPZ's  inability to provide information that is the most unnerving, IMO.

--

"Form follows function"

Damn SmileySmiley

--
    Happy Driving

Guys, thanks for your compassion but unfortunately the car didn't arrive today. surprise

I went to the dealer this morning, I spoke to the owner of the dealership, we agreed to register the car immediately, so if it arrives, it can be prepared for delivery. He also contacted the transport company, Moser, who does the transport for Porsche in Germany.

Around 12.30 pm, we still didn't know where my car is, the transport company does not provide any information. Nothing. They just said "we don't know". Fact is, they have a delivery contract with Porsche, not the dealership, so they are not really obliged to provide assistance to my dealer. 

Everybody at my dealership was helpful but I had the feeling that they knew exactly that my car isn't going to arrive anymore today:

When I asked the owner if there is any chance that my car will still arrive, the owner told me yes but at the same time my sales person said no but immediately maybe after he heard what the owner told me. When I asked the owner if it would make sense to register the car, just in case it arrives today, the owner said yes and the sales person said it doesn't make sense but maybe it does...and so on. 

So what happened? My theories:

1. Dealer messed up the delivery, they didn't switch in time from factory delivery to dealership delivery.

2. Dealer didn't press hard enough when I told him two weeks ago that I need the car before this holiday weekend for various reasons. This was at a time when the car was already "loaded" for transport. I could have organized a transport from Leipzig to my dealership myself but how could I imagine that even after two weeks, the car wouldn't arrive?

3. The transport company, they are obliged by a contract with Porsche, to deliver the car to the dealership within a five working days time frame. BUT: They don't like driving empty because Porsche pays PER car only, not per transport. So they probably waited for more cars to be ready for transport to my dealership and/or a dealership nearby. Which would be in violation of the contract terms with Porsche. This theory could be confirmed by the fact, that my dealer discovered today that this week, a Cayenne ordered by them, was ready. So maybe the transport company waited for this particular car because they get a list in advance (so they can do the planning) of cars soon to be ready for transport and their destination.

Overall, I'm not happy with the outcome. Not happy at all.

What annoys me most is the fact, that nobody seems to know where the car is. How is that possible?

My delivery has been already delayed by 11 weeks because of the "titan" turbo chargers issues and this is something I really can understand and I'm not mad about this. Technical problems happen.

What happened now with the missed delivery of my car is just a sign of bad service, bad planning and bad judgement. I told my sales person two weeks ago about my plans for this weekend. He didn't seem very interested.

I already prepared a nice letter for somebody I know and I will mainly blame the transport company for the delay. If Porsche is clever enough to investigate this and it actually comes out that my dealer was to blame...bad for him. 

--

bigbuzuki:

RC....what was the contractual delivery date when you ordered the car?

Early April. Smiley Production was actually scheduled for end of March but then the "titan" turbo charger issues came up and Porsche wrote me a letter, announcing a 11 week delay. Smiley

My car was ready on May 7th or so and now it is May 25th and I still don't have it.

According to the dealer order system, my car was "loaded for transport" two weeks ago. The transport company has, according to a binding contract with Porsche, five working days for the transport to the dealership.

Oh, I wasn't the only person waiting for his car. A customer who ordered a Cayenne Diesel is flying on a two week vacation tomorrow and he expected to see his car this week. He also had high hopes for today but it didn't happen.

I still think that my dealer is right, the transport company is to blame but this doesn't give me any comfort.

Have you ever seen an 8 year old kid not wanting to leave a Porsche dealership because his idiot father (this would be me) told him what a great car is coming and he wanted to wait for it? The sales person had to give him a handful of gummibears and a Porsche cap to "get rid" of him. He just didn't want leave, it was so sad, you just can't imagine.

I'm back to work for two hours now and my son already called me three times if I have any news. Smiley

--

Awful story. Unbelievable. You can track a $10 package shipped from China but Porsche is unable to find out where a 200K car is (and having in mind that it's already 11 weeks delayed, they should fly it to you by helicopter, IMHO). Sorry to hear.

zzboba:

Awful story. Unbelievable. You can track a $10 package shipped from China but Porsche is unable to find out where a 200K car is (and having in mind that it's already 11 weeks delayed, they should fly it to you by helicopter, IMHO). Sorry to hear.

If I knew that there would be a problem, I would have organized a private pickup in Leipzig. Dealer however assured me that the car will be here in time. Smiley

I don't care about any compensation (not that they offered one...at least they could have offered a nice Cab or a Boxster for the weekend, weather is superb over here), I want my car. 

Next week is really a huge question mark for me: Tuesday...not very likely that the truck will arrive because Monday was a holiday. Wednesday...I have to work all day. Thursday...maybe but I would need to find a replacement. Friday, I have to take my old man to various doctors for checkups. Even if I manage to get the car on Friday, I have to work on Saturday and on Sunday I leave for a vacation with the family. Great. 

So if things don't work out for me next week, I can pick up my car earliest June 8th. Wonderful. Smiley

As to why they can't track down my car, this remains a big mystery. Porsche has a contract with these guys and they are overdue. So it would have been normal for the transport company to provide some information. All these transport companies have GPS in their trucks, they know exactly where they are. So my dealer's suspicion that the transport company just wanted to fill up the truck with enough cars before starting the transport, could be right.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803148 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448544 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266097 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90036 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6575 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885665 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833200 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM