bigbuzuki:

RC....what was the contractual delivery date when you ordered the car?

Early April. Smiley Production was actually scheduled for end of March but then the "titan" turbo charger issues came up and Porsche wrote me a letter, announcing a 11 week delay. Smiley

My car was ready on May 7th or so and now it is May 25th and I still don't have it.

According to the dealer order system, my car was "loaded for transport" two weeks ago. The transport company has, according to a binding contract with Porsche, five working days for the transport to the dealership.

Oh, I wasn't the only person waiting for his car. A customer who ordered a Cayenne Diesel is flying on a two week vacation tomorrow and he expected to see his car this week. He also had high hopes for today but it didn't happen.

I still think that my dealer is right, the transport company is to blame but this doesn't give me any comfort.

Have you ever seen an 8 year old kid not wanting to leave a Porsche dealership because his idiot father (this would be me) told him what a great car is coming and he wanted to wait for it? The sales person had to give him a handful of gummibears and a Porsche cap to "get rid" of him. He just didn't want leave, it was so sad, you just can't imagine.

I'm back to work for two hours now and my son already called me three times if I have any news. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4