Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Strange Bentley

I saw this strange looking Bentley today in an underground parking....

Does anybody know more about it ?  Zagato ?

1336749163384photo copie 2.JPG

1336749206078photo copie.JPG

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Re: Strange Bentley

GT Speed Zagato

Very rare. Consider yourself fortunate to see one in the flesh. Obviously the owner has enough money not to care whether it stays clean.

There will be nine examples of the Bentley Zagato GTZ manufactured for €1.3 million, or about $1.7 million USD.

It's a Zagato alright. I don't like the styling, personally, but its a shame that such a rare and special car is kept in such bad conditions. 

That means the guy drives it !  He was parked in a completely different place in Switzerland then what his license plate indicates he is from

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enmanuel:

It's a Zagato alright. I don't like the styling, personally, but its a shame that such a rare and special car is kept in such bad conditions. 

Why is that a shame? Quite the opposite imo...

Horrible looking creation though.

Porker:
    Enmanuel:

Why is that a shame? Quite the opposite imo...

Horrible looking creation though.

Absolutely agree. I appreciate every special car that is dirty, because it is used in the way it was meant for: DRIVEN ! Smiley

I never care if my cars are always clean, don't even have the time to always keep them shiny. And for some bystander there's nothing more disturbing than a dirty exotic. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

My cars are dirty most of the time, I hardly have the time to drive them, so I prefer to drive them, not to clean them.

I had a friend from the US visiting me last year, he always participates in some sorts of clean car contests, they have a specific name but I forgot it. He spends hours on weekends to polish his car, just to show it off. Sorry, I just can relay to that, I want to drive my car, not look at it. I just hope he didn't read this but I already told him. angry He was shocked on how dirty my car was and even more shocked when I machine washed it. He called it a sacrilege, I called it cleaning. yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

I had a friend from the US visiting me last year, he always participates in some sorts of clean car contests, they have a specific name but I forgot it.

Concours elegance? 

He was shocked on how dirty my car was and even more shocked when I machine washed it. He called it a sacrilege, I called it cleaning. yes

Smiley  When it comes right down to it, they are just machines not objects to be idolised. 

--

fritz

I feel at home here cause my 911 is not very clean usually, less than the 911 I usualy encounter (on the outside that is, the inside is another matter). I drive it a lot and don't wan't to waste that much valuable time trying to keep it shinny, especially since it doesn't make it any faster indecision Also the more you tend to worry about cleaning it, the less you use it all year round (rain winter, bug splatters in summer, etc, etc), and the less you enjoy driving the car, which is the purpose of the car IMO. 

--

I am also not a big cleaner of my car.  I go about once every 3 to 4 weeks to the ' hypromat' , when the car starts to look too dirty. Keeping it clean is impossible, so I prefer to let go on that and just enjoy the machine 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Why should I lie: In the past, especially when I was able to afford my first nice car(s), I took more care of the exterior and the interior, washed the cars by hand, vacuumed them, cleaned them. Unfortunately I don't have the time anymore to do that. I have to work and when I don't work, I'm happy to relax with my wife and/or spend some time with the kids. Maybe things will look different when I retire and when the kids are out of the house but right now, no chance. Not that I don't enjoy it being with the family, I have to admit that I never missed the washing/cleaning of my cars anymore.

Oh: My kids always want to clean my car(s) but since I would need to stay next to them to make sure they don't mess up things, I really don't want them to do that. They also charge 5 EUR per cleaning... broken heart

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I always try to keep the cars clean. I'm not too much a detailing addict but at least I try to put twice a year a good wax on top. If this is done it is enought to run through an soft-wash machine and take a microfiber towel afterwards for final dry up work. It takes less than 15 minutes (including the waiting line) - so I can do this normally every other week once with each car (whenever I pass by at the car wash - wouldn't go there just for this). 

I'm just to addicted to cars to not having them clean. I dont like dirty cars as I dont like a dirty home - so I have to clean it ;)

But for sure - the older I get the less cleaning addict I am! Especially, since having our baby girl I got a lot more relaxed (otherwise I probably would have to kill myself) lol

RC:

Why should I lie: In the past, especially when I was able to afford my first nice car(s), I took more care of the exterior and the interior, washed the cars by hand, vacuumed them, cleaned them. Unfortunately I don't have the time anymore to do that. I have to work and when I don't work, I'm happy to relax with my wife and/or spend some time with the kids. Maybe things will look different when I retire and when the kids are out of the house but right now, no chance. Not that I don't enjoy it being with the family, I have to admit that I never missed the washing/cleaning of my cars anymore.

Oh: My kids always want to clean my car(s) but since I would need to stay next to them to make sure they don't mess up things, I really don't want them to do that. They also charge 5 EUR per cleaning... broken heart

For decades I was OCD about my cars' spotlessness/cleanliness, to the point of wiping brake dust EVERY  time any of my cars came back into the garage from an errand , even if driven just a few blocks .  I owned many sports cars that had never seen rain during my ownership . Now they are all dirty - too lazy to even take them to the car wash. In fact, our SUV is still covered from salt spray from winter snow trips three months ago and there is a Lexus in our household that has never been washed since purchasing it back in November , and it's dark blue ,so it looks " tan " now from all the dirt sprayed on its sides ! And since I lost that OCD behavior as I've gotten older, my ENJOYMENT of all my cars has risen accordingly !!

The hell with keeping a car pristine for the next owner .

Smiley

RC:

Haha, I charged my dad 10 DM, so they are very fair Smiley But seriously, if they get a little older to not potentially damage the cars, it's a fantastic thing for the boys at least. I had a blast cleaning the car, it started with just vacuuming but later on it washed it also. It probably started my attention to detailing and a self taught expertise level in the field, which resulted in a good university job SmileyMy friends had to wipe up puke from the bar floor and I drove a freshly detailed SL65 AMG to Seattle for customer return!!

Anyways, I hear you on the "got no time for it anymore" part. I have yet to detail my 318 that I bought in January Smiley

When people ask me if Zagato has any good design I answer with this:

Don't forget these 2:

Aston_Martin-DB_AR1_2003_1280x960_wallpaper_03.jpg

Aston_Martin-DB7_Vantage_Zagato_2002_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

Enmanuel:

Don't forget these 2:

I don' forget them, there are more examples:

Alfa Romeo TZ2:

Alfa Rome TZ2

Spyker C12 Zagato:

Zagato Raptor powered by Lamborghini:

Zagato Fiat 500 Coupe:

Ferrari 250 GTZ:

Never knew Zagatos were raced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9fipWZ6E0

Amzamus:

When people ask me if Zagato has any good design I answer with this:

SmileySmileySmiley WOW - isnt that an absolute stunning photography! Perfect car, super background! Love it Smiley

Lars997:

SmileySmileySmiley WOW - isnt that an absolute stunning photography! Perfect car, super background! Love it Smiley

It's the Lamborghini 3500 GTZ. Two made, one destroyed. More pictures for you Smiley.

--

Adrian - Automotive fanatic

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra

Thank you Adrian - amazing pictures, much appreciate!

What about this brand new unveiled BMW coupe Zagato based on a Z4. I think it's stunning

Image gallery here: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/25/bmw-reveals-stunning-zagato-coupe-at-villa-deste/

wink

I'm not sure if I should hate or love this Z4 photoshop..... it has something, but also I think it has something awkward!

Lars997:

I'm not sure if I should hate or love this Z4 photoshop..... it has something, but also I think it has something awkward!

100% agree

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803282 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448593 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266154 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90082 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6628 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885756 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833349 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM