Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: She is home

Congrats!

Next up LP700 ?  indecision

--

http://i54.tinypic.com/i4ixbr.jpg

Nice ride, Mike. Good to have you back here, did it take that long though to clean them all kiss.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Beautiful, Mike. Great pics.

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

Congrats - what a great car !!! kiss

But I thought you will get a PTS-Color ??

Last week I took a pic of a silver 4.0 without stripes and stickers - just the 4.0 - very stealth.

Sorry for the bad quality - through a window...

Blueflame

13218879724382011-11-4.0silver2.jpg

@Futch: Thank you! Can't wait to see yours either! Which colour did you end up going with?

@RC: Thanks Christian! I appreciated your help during the ordering process. I think you made a wise decision for the interim 

@BiTurbo: Thank you! No Lambo's for me for a while. Perhaps when the SV is out. Gives me time to save smiley

@throt: Thank you throt! It's nice to be posting a little more again. I'll be sure to be around more from here on.

@blueflame: Thank you. I did try to get PTS, but was not successful. The feedback I got from the dealer was that the request was declined due to the car's build date being too early. However, I have seen earlier cars that got PTS approval. None the less, I am still happy. Nice silver beast kiss

@Carrageous: Thank you!

Mike S:

@Futch: Thank you! Can't wait to see yours either! Which colour did you end up going with?

@RC: Thanks Christian! I appreciated your help during the ordering process. I think you made a wise decision for the interim 

@BiTurbo: Thank you! No Lambo's for me for a while. Perhaps when the SV is out. Gives me time to save smiley

@throt: Thank you throt! It's nice to be posting a little more again. I'll be sure to be around more from here on.

@blueflame: Thank you. I did try to get PTS, but was not successful. The feedback I got from the dealer was that the request was declined due to the car's build date being too early. However, I have seen earlier cars that got PTS approval. None the less, I am still happy. Nice silver beast kiss

@Carrageous: Thank you!

White white with the decals. And interior red but with black roof.

Pics coming soon!Smiley

blueflame:

Congrats - what a great car !!! kiss

But I thought you will get a PTS-Color ??

Last week I took a pic of a silver 4.0 without stripes and stickers - just the 4.0 - very stealth.

Sorry for the bad quality - through a window...

Blueflame

13218879724382011-11-4.0silver2.jpg

This could be my favorite RS 4.0! It looks amazing!

Gorgeous car to you too Mike S! Classic color combination.

It looks amazing !! the all white looks so clean and fresh. Huge congrats. 

Very nice Mike kiss

But somehow I am already looking forward to your next car indecision

Futch:
    White white with the decals. And interior red but with black roof.

Pics coming soon!Smiley

Sounds similar to mine.  It should be here mid-December.

Congrats to Mike, Futch and all other RS 4.0 owners Smiley

--

Mike

2005 Carrera GT + 2008 Tesla Roadster +2010 Panamera Turbo + 2001 BMW Z8 + 1972 BMW 3.0 CSi +2009 Bentley Arnage T

A swiss one in meteor gray.

RS40_Grey_8.jpg

She is a beau and for me the most beautiful Porsche you currently can buy for money! Congrats and enjoy Mike!

love that active aerobrake indecision - Indeed a nice color combo - but somehow the stickers bother me in this version (I would only keep the Porsche) but then I like them very much on white

Congrats Mike! This should surely become one of the stars in Porsche's history... Enjoy your masterpiece!

Congrats Mike, another forever classic Porsche you got, what an amazing colection you put together.

J.Seven

Congrats from me too Mike! I don' t know anyone with such great garage! Enjoy!
    --

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro/ RR 4.4i

Congrats Mike, it looks great. wink

Futch: Congrats again mate! Looking forward to see your pics too. The more the merrier smiley

Carrara: Thank you Carrara, much appreciated! kiss

Enmanuel: Thank you E!!

Whoopsy: Thank you, but I'm laying off any cars for a little while, need to sort out their accommodation firstheart

W8MM: Congrats Mike! I'm really glad you managed to get an allocation eventually. I'm sure she will be a beaut! Post plenty pics on arrival wink

Lars997: Thank you Lars, you are too kind broken heart

BjoernB: I know, the aero brake puts that of a McLaren or Veyron to shame  I must say, I didn't like the decals at first, but I think it suits the car after having gotten used to it.

Porker: Thank you Porker! I will do my best to drive it as much as possible.

J.Seven: Thank you, I am honored you think that angel

beltar: Thank you beltar! Have not seen much either. Glad all is well your side! See you have increased your collection too. All in the best of health friend!

Joe: Thank you Joe!! wink

Joost:

wow...
    That's amazing Mike!

I'm going to be a greedy b@stard and ask you for another thing: when you're doing the comparison og the 3rs vs 2rs, could you please PLEASE also post some pics of the two brethren together? (maybe even with the CGT?)

Hi Joost,

I am a little late, but here is what you requested. I can't do the CGT anymore as it's been sold Smiley

It was a proposition I couldn't refuse, but I will find another one to replace it with in the near future.

Very very nice Mike. kiss

Wow Mike, thanks so much!
    I have to admit that every now and then, a day passes that I don't think about my earlier "request".

Sad to hear that you sold the CGT. In my position, I can only dream of owning that car, and the dreams I have about selling a CGT are definately nightmares. :-( Good to hear that you're looking for another one though!

It's pretty rare to see pictures of the 2rs and the 3rs together. Could you tell us some more about the differences between the two cars? I can imagine they have a bit of a different character, one being turbocharged and the other naturally aspirated, but they're really two of a kind, aren't they? Do you prefer one over the other?

BTW, we haven't seen you around in a while, everything going ok?

Cheers Joost.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

Wow Mike, thanks so much!
    I have to admit that every now and then, a day passes that I don't think about my earlier "request".

Sad to hear that you sold the CGT. In my position, I can only dream of owning that car, and the dreams I have about selling a CGT are definately nightmares. :-( Good to hear that you're looking for another one though!

It's pretty rare to see pictures of the 2rs and the 3rs together. Could you tell us some more about the differences between the two cars? I can imagine they have a bit of a different character, one being turbocharged and the other naturally aspirated, but they're really two of a kind, aren't they? Do you prefer one over the other?

BTW, we haven't seen you around in a while, everything going ok?

Cheers Joost.

Hi Joost,

Glad I was able to contribute to your day Smiley In a sense, I was glad the car went Smiley The mileage was far too low and I could never get myself to ever really drive it. Plus I know it would lose a lot of it's value the moment I did.

It had 69km's on the odometer when it went and had not even had it's PDI yet. It's even still got all the protective covers on the interior and door panels the day it left the factory. I will find one with probably 3-5k km and at least be able to enjoy it in future. They are plenty examples constantly on the global market, it's just a matter of time.

I'll post a review later during the day between he 2RS and 3RS. Need to rush off to the office now Smiley

Did the new GT-owner buy the car as a collectors item or is he going to use it ??

Blueflame Smiley

PS We need a group-pic of all your cars...Smiley

He's racking up the miles like no tomorrow. Doesn't make sense to me, but he can spend his money how he wishes.   

I'll try my best for a group shot soon Smiley

Mike S:

Doesn't make sense to me, but he can spend his money how he wishes.   

Coming from you, that is saying a lot! Smiley

As promised, the review of both GT2RS and GT3RS 4.0.

I actually was thinking to myself, how I ended up with both. Originally a deposit was put down for a Panamera Turbo and literally a week later the GT2 RS was unveiled. I tried to turn a blind eye, but it was inevitable. So my deposit was then shifted.

6 months later I took delivery of the GT2 RS.

The power is really mind blowing, the car gets very tail happy despite the tyres that have been fitted to the car. The sound which the car makes on WOT is quite strange, for the lack of a better word. It's not very harmonic, it just sounds a bit like sitting inside a propeller based aircraft while cruising. A little ironic as that is how fast this car pics up speed.

From the outside I'm told, it sounds like a monster indecision

The way the engine rev's for a turbocharged car is flabbergasting. It feels like a sports bike. The brakes are superb, they are quite easy to modulate unlike the earlier versions of the PCCB.

Gearbox feels just like the 997 C2S did, just with shorter throws. The clutch is light and operation is a little tricky due to the single mass flywheel. You really have to concentrate not to stall this car the first few minutes, but you get used to it after a while.

Suspension wise it is also wonderful. You feel EVERY minor imperfection on the road, but in a refined kind of way. It doesn't jolt your spinal discs out of alignment like race car suspension.

None the less, another 6 months down the line a deposit was put down for a Panamera Turbo S. Guess what... Yes, the GT3 RS 4.0 was announced a week after. Talk about coincidence! At first I was a little annoyed as I thought the GT2 RS was supposed to be the ultimate 997. I was wondering on the idea on what to do next. Pull a blind eye and proceed with the PTTS or trade the GT2 RS on the 4.0. I couldn't get myself to do the latter, so I moved my deposit yet again .

5 months later, the 4.0 arrived and I took delivery. I was quite lucky in a sense as there had been numerous other buyers who had put down deposits, but our country did not get more allocations.

As mentioned by Joost, the 2 cars may share the same chassis, shell etc. but boy, are they totally different!

The 4.0 is still remarkably quick despite being 120hp down on the GT2 RS. The torque which the car has really reminds me of a 63 AMG.

The gearbox feels totally different to the GT2RS, it's "meatier" and requires more effort to change gears. The clutch operation is about the same. Only difference is on idle, the GT2 RS has slight chatter - where as the 4.0 sounds borderline like a diesel.

The steering on the 4.0 feels a little better as it has a thicker steering wheel. The best part of the 4.0 is definitely the engine and exhaust note.

It has this wonderful bassy to howling sound as the flaps open. The gears are also significantly shorter than the GT2RS. On 75mph/120kmh the GT2 is probably sitting at 2750 RPM in 6th and the 4.0 is at 3100RPM. Put on sport mode and you just want to redline the car all day long.

I hope that gives you all some insight and is an interesting read wink

PS. I'm scared to put down another deposit for a Panamera 

Porker:
    Mike S:

Doesn't make sense to me, but he can spend his money how he wishes.   

Coming from you, that is saying a lot! Smiley

SmileySmiley I sincerely hope I display some form of logic in my actions Smiley

Very interesting comparison Mike, they are a fantastic duo... Tried both of them on track already?

I concur there is some logic in switching orders from Panamera's to GT-Porsche, but it's a strange kind of logic. smiley

Thanks for the great review & comparison :)

Congrats again ... a pity you didn't get to enjoy the CGT more ... hopefully next time you get one :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Thanks Mike for the great comparison - although I have not driven a GT2RS - I am fully convinced to have bought the right car for me with the 3.8 RS and it's naturally aspirated engine which in my books is mindboggingly fantastic.. - replaced silencer has definately muted it back to delivery milage - but I am working hard on it indecision

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782306 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263533 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261996 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86054 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881742 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820046 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM