Crown

Categoria: Porsche Lingua: English Regione: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Which new car should RC get: Cayenne or Panamera?!!

Those exterior colors are hideous, every one of them angry in a couple of years they will start to look outdated and ridiculous. It would be sort of OK if the car was a classic made in the 60-70's since it would be original paint from those days and would add to the charm of being a classic, but on a modern car? yes

But the last two interiors fit the Pan the best IMO, expresso and Cognac, expecially Expresso kiss

--

@ Christian,

If I was you I would hold off a bit and let the dust settle before making a final decision. There are too many opinions / options and this in itself can create a co*k up. Specially being its going to be a 4yr lease / relationship and parting with a large amount of money.

You make the last call, buddy..kiss..

PS: Do not hold off as long as me though..indecision..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:

@ Christian,

If I was you I would hold off a bit and let the dust settle before making a final decision. There are too many opinions / options and this in itself can create a co*k up. Specially being its going to be a 4yr lease / relationship and parting with a large amount of money.

You make the last call, buddy..kiss..

PS: Do not hold off as long as me though..indecision..

I didn't plan anything else, thanks for the advice. Smiley

My signature under the lease contract happens on January 9th, so I still have time to think about every single detail. Even after signing the contract, I can still change a lot of options for at least two months or so, so this shouldn't be a problem. I can even delay delivery (just in case the facelift comes with the MY 2013 in July 2012 but right now, it looks more like MY 2014).

For a short time, my thoughts were even with the Cayenne again but I decided I need to stick at least with the car model before I can actually make a final decision about colors. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Carlos from Spain:

Those exterior colors are hideous, every one of them angry in a couple of years they will start to look outdated and ridiculous. It would be sort of OK if the car was a classic made in the 60-70's since it would be original paint from those days and would add to the charm of being a classic, but on a modern car? yes

But the last two interiors fit the Pan the best IMO, expresso and Cognac, expecially Expresso kiss

I fully agree. Unfortunately there really seems to be a market for these colors... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC ! Be a man ! - let your wife decide...

d997h:

RC ! Be a man ! - let your wife decide...

Smiley Smiley

Unfortunately my wife doesn't care...about (my) car(s). Smiley It just needs to be cool, beautiful, fast and presentable. Smiley

--

well, you need to read betweeeeeeen the lines...my wife too does not care a lot about cars, but she recently said to me: I do like silver very much, but I am bored...now, my other car is: ....black...

d997h:

well, you need to read betweeeeeeen the lines...my wife too does not care a lot about cars, but she recently said to me: I do like silver very much, but I am bored...now, my other car is: ....black...

I don't envy the guy who will marry her... Smiley

ParisHiltonBentley.jpg

--

Oh...Eric Dane drives a Panamera too. 

Eric-Dane-Porsche-Panamera.jpg

--

Lindsay Lohan too...dammit.

Lindsay-Lohan-Porsche-Panamera.jpg

--

Andrew Garfield (I don't have a clue who this is...)

Andrew-Garfield-Porsche-Panamera.png

--

Matthew Perry too...

Matthew-Perry-Porsche.png

--

Ellen Degeneres...(it makes sense, she also owns a 997 Turbo S)

Ellen-Degeneres-Parking-Ticket.jpg

--

Arnie too...of course (he is Austrian) and he owns a 997 Turbo Cab too.

Arnold+s+new+ride+Z6d8xj9-N9gl.jpg

--

Hmm...Arnie has a black one...I should definitely get a black one. indecision

--

RC, too many options, but the more someone thinks about them the more he becomes perplexed.Smiley

Remember "the perfect is the enemy of the excellent". (to paraphrase Voltaire).

Anyway both Black and Achatgrau suit the car very well. You cannot go wrong with either. The carbon decor is very nice too. For my taste, I would avoid very light colored interiors and try to get a combination that allows a black steering wheel and preferably a black dashboard top.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:

For a short time, my thoughts were even with the Cayenne again but I decided I need to stick at least with the car model before I can actually make a final decision about colors. Smiley

Hey RC, really feeling your dilemma.... Where I live in the UK there are many new Cayennes one would see 3 or 4 on an average 10 mile trip where the Panamera is a much rarer beast and I guess because of this when I see one at home it has more of an impact and an OMG factor.

I've been in Miami for the past week and have seen maybe 25 Panameras mostly white and black and whilst they still look very impressive I was quite amazed to see the only Cayenne in the whole week yesterday, a black turbo like the one in your pic and I can't believe how awesome it looked after all the Panameras it looked a real beast, very techy looking and special, this is not an easy choice, even for us adults Smiley

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

Are you sure Lindsay Lohan didn't take the Panamera for a test drive and forgot to return it to the dealer?Smiley

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

bobr:

Are you sure Lindsay Lohan didn't take the Panamera for a test drive and forgot to return it to the dealer?Smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

RC:

pintblackcrem.png

Black/crema

Great looking interior, love the black upper part with carbon bits and general contrast Smiley but I believe with two kids you wont be going this route. As to car itself, it has been growing on me (and many Porsche owners I know) ever since it was released, which I think it´s a good sign, it´s the kind of car you will end up loving it more and more design wise and in four years you can get the new model. Rigth now Pan. Turbo S is the best option, congrats Smiley.

J.Seven

Christian,

You have kids-avoid light interior colors-trust me on this. My advice either full black, marsala or espresso interior color.

Personaly I would go for Agate Grey exterior with rims painted as well in Agate Grey and Marsala interior(with Marsala you will get roof lining in grey alcantara as well as all roof pillars).

First choice, I would choose black/black.

Second choice, I would choose white/black.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

KresoF1:

Christian,

You have kids-avoid light interior colors-trust me on this. My advice either full black, marsala or espresso interior color.

Personaly I would go for Agate Grey exterior with rims painted as well in Agate Grey and Marsala interior(with Marsala you will get roof lining in grey alcantara as well as all roof pillars).

Thanks, I will definitely not go for a light interior with the kids, I already learned my lessons. Smiley

Agate Grey is nice but I'm still not convinced, it looks kind of elegant to me. Wheels painted in exterior color (besides black) aren't really my cup of tea, so I will go for black wheels, no matter what exterior color I choose.

Right now I'm back to black (exterior), black wheels and black, marsala or espresso interior.

Stupid question: Does anybody have photos of a Panamera without and with the Thermal & Noise Insulated Glass option ? I don't want to order it, the kids have the electric shades in the rear if they need them but somebody told me that the windows glass is slightly darker with that glass and I don't want a completely clear glass. Any ideas ? Thank you.

--

This option is with tinted glass comparatively to the "privacy tinted glass option" from the 2nd pillar on backwards.
    The non tinted part seems to be darker because of the higher reflexion of this glass. From thn inside there is no difference but outside y'll get the impression of a less transparent glass. But be aware : this glass reduces the noise inside as well. This is more an option for former S-class owner..
    :-)
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Conny997:
    This option is with tinted glass comparatively to the "privacy tinted glass option" from the 2nd pillar on backwards.
    The non tinted part seems to be darker because of the higher reflexion of this glass. From thn inside there is no difference but outside y'll get the impression of a less transparent glass. But be aware : this glass reduces the noise inside as well. This is more an option for former S-class owner..
    :-)

Thanks a lot. I know about the noise insulation...which kind of sucks in a Porsche but I hate clear looking glass.

Maybe if I go with the black interior, the clear glass wouldn't probably really bother me that much. Smiley

I actually wanted to order the privacy glass in the back but the side windows are already pretty small and if I add the tinted glass to them, the kids would feel very claustrophobic, not really an option. I chose the electric roll-up sun blinds in the rear instead (side and back window), they do make much more sense.

Oh boy, Porsche doesn't really make it easy for me. Smiley

--

Expresso is the most elegant and unique of all. Go for it!

--

911 Carrera 3.2 - 997 Carrera

Mikla:

Expresso is the most elegant and unique of all. Go for it!

--

911 Carrera 3.2 - 997 Carrera

I don't want elegant, thats the point. Smiley I agree however that espresso looks good with a black exterior, I have a similar interior color on my black X5M. Wife and kids want something lighter though... Smiley Smiley

--

IMO Espresso matches up better with a lighter exteriour colour like GT-silver or similar. I would never choose Espresso on a black car.  If I really had to go for a lighter combo and black was not an option I would go for 2-tone black/grey.... But I'm afraid this topic could be discussed for ages. I for example will always vote for the black/black, someone else in here prefer the black exteriour / lighter interiour combo, another one prefer lighter exteriour colour with dark interiour, black wheels or not and so on. It always comes down to personal preferences. It's like asking about how we should furnish our home. Some prefer modern futuristic homes, some prefer old-school with dark wood and others prefer something in between.

To me though it's rather clear that black/black is your personal prefered choice and has been from the beginning. It's also a proven colourcombo since you've had your last 911's with this combo. So in the end it's all up to how much you need to negotiate with your wife and kids indecision

Good luck and happy new year!

--

On Order: 991 C2S Basalt Black/Black - PDK, PSE, SPASM, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.2 C2S Meteor Grey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

I'm going to check if I can order some sort of special bi-color leather with color options which aren't available in the configurator. I would actually prefer some sort of yellow stitching but I can't see any stitching options in the configurator. Black/grey looks great with carbon but I would get bored fast, this is true. The grey leather also looks kind of weird and plastic-like, I can't describe it too well but I'm not a fan of it. They hybrid I testdrove had grey leather.

--

With black ext I would choose black with yellow stitching (matching the PCCBs) or red stitching for the Turbo brakes. The stitching is an exclusive option for the Cayenne, but very expensive... I passed.  I also never liked the grey interiors in Porsches, had one in a black 964 and it didn't look like leather.

I have the espresso interior in my Cayenne and I'm very happy with it. It's dark and looks sporty, but its has something extra, luxurious compared to black IMHO. It should look great with black as well.

Just returned from Austria and was overtaken by a Panamera Turbo and it was in Yachting blue. Normally not a fan of blues but it looked really nice on the Panamera. 

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Edit

Forum

Categoria Oggetto Last post Valutazione Visto Risposte
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15/05/24 8.44
    art.italy
    813040 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 07/04/24 11.48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    452897 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12/03/24 8.28
    DJM48
    272970 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30/01/24 9.18
    RCA
    92001 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15/03/24 13.23
    CGX car nut
    9241 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 01/02/24 19.01
    Pilot

891476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23/07/23 19.01
    Grant
    850693 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21/04/24 11.50
    mcdelaug
    404913 1454
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/02/24 16.43
    nberry
    401620 1526
    Altre Tesla 2 the new thread 13/12/23 14.48
    CGX car nut
    389477 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 03/07/23 12.30
    Porker
    373081 797
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 12/05/24 18.23
    blueflame
    295412 669
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 19/10/23 19.06
    CGX car nut

270093 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 30/07/23 18.59
    mcdelaug
    245496 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 25/06/23 14.53
    Enmanuel
    239747 101
    Altre Corvette C8 16/10/23 15.24
    Enmanuel
    223936 488
    Altre Gordon Murray - T.50 22/11/23 10.27
    mcdelaug
    174464 387
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 29/12/23 9.04
    RCA
    122826 303
    Motorsp. 2023 Formula One 19/12/23 5.38
    WhoopsyM
    114932 685
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 07/03/24 16.22
    WhoopsyM
    87044 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 23/02/24 22.03
    blueflame
    77328 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 03/03/24 19.22
    WhoopsyM
    56462 314
    Motorsp. Porsche 963 18/05/24 21.44
    Wonderbar
    28191 249
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 21/01/24 16.29
    GT-Boy
    22785 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 08/04/24 13.43
    Ferdie
    21598 140
    AMG G63 sold out 15/09/23 19.38
    Nico997
    18013 120
    AMG [2022] Mercedes-AMG SL 23/04/24 13.24
    RCA
    16092 225
    Porsche Porsche Mission X Hypercar 03/12/23 8.52
    996FourEss
    11941 63
    Porsche 911 S/T 10/10/23 8.53
    RCA
    11199 55
    Altre Tesla thread N°3 01/05/24 23.09
    CGX car nut
    9410 93
    113 elementi trovati, visualizza da 1 a 30.