Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera - The best pictures

I open this post so that together we go up the photos we have of panamera here. I hope your helpSmiley Thanks

MY FIRST POST.SmileySTARTED

PANAMERA TURBO  - 500cv - 700Nm - 303km/h - 4,2seg - 11,5 l/100

porsche-Panamera_2009_image-0002.jpg

Re: Panamera - The best pictures

to encourage my post a couple of real photos

ere.JPG

3828474523_ae91209444_o.jpgDSCF1544.JPG 

Welcome to Rennteam and thanks for posting the nice photos

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpgEasy RT Sig Pt 2.jpgEasy RT Sig Pt 3.jpg

Here is my turbo.  Basalt Black and Luxor Beige.  Performance is astounding! IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0502.JPGIMG_0521.JPGIMG_0503.JPG

Sorry about the duplicate pictures.  My first post and I'm not sure how that happened.

Thanks for the pics and welcome to the board ! Super car in a superb scenery 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

The Panamera in white looks great!

panamera 004b.JPG

--

"Form follows function"

PanaTurbo:

Sorry about the duplicate pictures.  My first post and I'm not sure how that happened.

Thanks for clarifying, I was already trying hard to spot the difference. Smiley

Superb car, wonderful interior and great scenery! Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

What do people here think of this colour for something out of the usual?

Porsche 24 Sept 2010 007.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

Nice at first glance, but I'm not sure if I ordered such a big car in this colour. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

When I saw it I liked instantly. It's "Rubinrot". But it could be a big risk at resale time

--

"Form follows function"

Welcome to Rennteam PanaTurbo - thanks for posting the nice photos Smiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

Welcome to Rennteam PanaTurbo - thanks for posting the nice photos Smiley

+1, welcome to the board Smiley

Thanks for the pics and welcome to the board.

--

"When you design a car around the customer's wishes, you get cup holders. When you design a car around innovative thinking, you get a Porsche."

Rossi:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

Nice at first glance, but I'm not sure if I ordered such a big car in this colour. Smiley

As a Commander of the local fire brigade you would love such big red cars.... :-)
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Here we go again...wives...and this time sons too: Yesterday, we discussed what car(s) we are going to get when my/her lease runs out. My son immediately told me that he wants the wine red car he got as a gift from a friend at Porsche. I actually forgot about the car and looked at it...a Panamera Turbo.  

My wife asked me what car this is and I told her that this is the car we testdrove some short while ago. The she remembered and told me, that she actually likes it a lot (after she told me during the testdrive that she actually doesn't...too much). Smiley

So don't be surprised if I end up with a facelifted Panamera Turbo Powerkit sooner or later but I'm still opting for the 991 Carrera S/Cab solution. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

Rubinrot (ruby red) is a truly beautiful colour IMO. It hardly ever shows its true glory in photographs. We may well have chosen this for our Cayman had it not been relegated to the expensive special colour list.

Here's a photo of a 997.1 Targa I took at the Porsche factory during kinrara's factory collection a couple of years ago.

1293544666793ruby red.jpg

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

@ PanaTurbo - welcome to Rennteam - super car, wonderful scenery. Oregon is a beautiful part of the world. Congratulations! Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

@ cayenneturbo - Thanks for posting- great photo's of a magnificent car. Smiley

--

Over the last couple of years, mostly as a silent reader, I have observed the following pattern:

Whenever a new Porsche comes out, RC is initially very critical, complaining that the improvements are not enough and that now FOR REAL he will skip this particular model for reason XYZ.

To make a point, he will actually from time to time go so far to actually buy a different car (E55AMG etc, BMW). In the end however, all these measures are in vain. A hopeless attempt to avoid the unavoidable. No matter whether money is tight, wife/kids need a different car, it's utterly unpractical, socially unacceptable or just not good enough, RC will end up with the most tricked out, badass, triple black, car, Porsche currently has on offer. It's like a law of nature.

Just deal with it. Smiley

RG Tim 

The law of nature is probably true for me as well.  It goes like this: 

1.  A seed is planted.  I refuse to water it (or budget for it). 

2.  It grows anyway.  I sneak a look at it (in a showroom or configurator), I start getting obsessed, but still refuse to water it (or budget for it). 

3. But the tree starts growing faster and faster.  In response, I start rationalizing--life is short, I earned it, the family will enjoy it, etc. 

4. I start noticing how beautiful the new tree is, and how "old" the old one is. 

5.   In one heavenly, uncontrollable burst of light, I lose all control and buy the tree. 

Tim:

Over the last couple of years, mostly as a silent reader, I have observed the following pattern:

Whenever a new Porsche comes out, RC is initially very critical, complaining that the improvements are not enough and that now FOR REAL he will skip this particular model for reason XYZ.

To make a point, he will actually from time to time go so far to actually buy a different car (E55AMG etc, BMW). In the end however, all these measures are in vain. A hopeless attempt to avoid the unavoidable. No matter whether money is tight, wife/kids need a different car, it's utterly unpractical, socially unacceptable or just not good enough, RC will end up with the most tricked out, badass, triple black, car, Porsche currently has on offer. It's like a law of nature.

Just deal with it. Smiley

RG Tim 

Smiley Smiley

There is definitely some truth in it but the Panamera is really not on my shopping list because I don't like the rear too much. As to the socially acceptable: I found a pretty good solution regarding my business...I just rented a small garage in the backyard of my business and nobody will actually see what car I own/drive. Smiley

This is why my next car will be a Porsche again very likely, I just need to sort out what my wife wants because we need to switch cars from time to time and I can't get a manual two-seater because of that. The 991 GT3 would be my dream car but no chance. So right now, I have only three choices: 991 Carrera S/Cab, Panamera Turbo Powerkit or Cayenne Turbo S. 

Surprise, surprise... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

A Panamera Turbo (S) isn't the worst choice at all. I often thought about it but in the end I always felt the truth: The Pana isn't either a real sport car nor a very spacious limo or better a SUV. It's actually a car for everything and nothing. So I think you better would stick on the upcoming 991x (whatever). At least I see you in the 991 Turbo. :-). This car will be again the worlds best sportscar with the best usability as a daily driver.
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Well, I see myself too in a 991 Turbo but I'm afraid this isn't going to happen...unless I win the lottery.   The Panamera Turbo Powerkit would be in the same price range but it would be a different story because it would be our "family car", so my wife would drive it too. Same goes with the Cayenne Turbo S.

Today, a customer came in his R8 V10 and my wife fell in love with this car. Another car...oh boy.  Happily, the R8 is a two-seater, so no chance to get one (I like it but I prefer the Lamborghini Gallardo counterpart).

--

RC, if you are like me, you only have two Porsche choices.  While the Carrera S is nice, I doubt you will be satisfied with anything lacking that turbo boost.  So resign yourself to the Panny Turbo powerkit or the Cayenne Turbo S...

I understand your approach to this kind of decision. Before this, I thought you're looking for the successor of the current 911 Turbo and the X5 remains as the family car. Well, that's hard to decide...good luck at all :-)
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

I have been driving a Panamera 4S lately and must say that I am quite fond of the big girl. I think it looks stunning in black, very sporty, low, and elegant. The car is powerful and smooth, handles extremely well for its size. Compared to my E39 M5, the car feels much larger and more supple. The Panamera is no doubt faster off the line thanks to the awd and pdk, but in gear the M5 seems to be quicker. The M5 also feels more nimble, but considering it has suspension and wheel mods, it is not a straight comparison. The interior on the Panamera is perfect imho, sporty and classy. I am glad we will see influences of this interior in the next 911.  I could see myslef purchasing some form of Panamera in the future as a daily driver, it is quite a compelling package, although I may prefer a Cayenne or X5 for their winter capabilities. Another interesting note, when driving a white 997.2 GT3 or black 997 Turbo, I did not notice too much extra attention, more the kind of "what is that young guy doing with that car?" type of jealous stare. The Panamera on the other hand is a huge head turner,a lot of positive attention if thats your thing...

Hey PanaTurbo great to see the pictures of Oregon, makes me a bit homesick (I've lived away for five years now).  Looks like those pictures are from Central Oregon, perhaps near Bend?  The covered bridge throws me though.  Did you buy your car, beautiful by the way, at Carrera Motors?

You're close - I live in southern Oregon.  The pictures are at Applegate Dam and the covered bridge is on the way there from Jacksonville.  Yes, the car was purchased at Carrera.  

Amsterdam is one of the many beautiful cities in Europe.  Brings back fond memories of my travels while stationed in Germany many years ago.  Enjoy.

More pics

ren1.jpg

ren3.jpg

panameraturbo3.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803028 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448503 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266028 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90018 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6501 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885578 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833008 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM