Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Finally...my X5 M is on the ship...or not ?

WAY:

Christian, you are more than a single person though.  By you going to a M product, many here would take notice and those who may have considered a Cayenne Turbo previously may now be looking at a X5M especially when so many of us here are buying the M products when this is a Porsche board!

If I remember well, RC's decision (from what he wrote many times) was predominantly based on the relative "social acceptability" of the X5 in the jealousy ridden geographical area he lives and operates his business and nothing to do with the merits of his previous car.

These factors are of limited relevance to most people here.

Also the X5's value for money has played a role but top brands like Porsche et al. are not for savers anyway.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

The price factor of the X5M also played a role in RC's decision.  Some of us here don't really care so much about paying another 30-40% for a CTT if it is far superior to the X5M, but given it isn't, even die hard Porsche fans like ourselves aren't going to fall for the Cayenne.  

WAY:

The price factor of the X5M also played a role in RC's decision.  Some of us here don't really care so much about paying another 30-40% for a CTT if it is far superior to the X5M, but given it isn't, even die hard Porsche fans like ourselves aren't going to fall for the Cayenne.  

+1

and the cayenne 2 currently is not offering anything new.......with the intro of the first gen turbo they were market leaders in high power suv's.....not anymore.

hopefully porsche will head back in the right direction under current management.

for all WW did for resurrecting porsche, he let the technical dept. slip away too much.

porsche was too slow in adapting new technologies and therefore are now loosing on unit sales.

many are not willing to wait for porsche anymore. instead we started to look left and right only to find the competition having gone head to head and in many an instance taken the lead...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:
    WAY:

+1

and the cayenne 2 currently is not offering anything new.......with the intro of the first gen turbo they were market leaders in high power suv's.....not anymore.

hopefully porsche will head back in the right direction under current management.

for all WW did for resurrecting porsche, he let the technical dept. slip away too much.

porsche was too slow in adapting new technologies and therefore are now loosing on unit sales.

many are not willing to wait for porsche anymore. instead we started to look left and right only to find the competition having gone head to head and in many an instance taken the lead...

My question is what more could Porsche have done with the Cayenne, especially the new one? I don't think that it is lacking in any area, so what missing technologies are you talking about?

Moreover, I think all of us have been praising the new Turbo/S PDK as a marvel of technology that can rival even the exotics. So sometimes we are contradicting ourselves with our statements.

A Porsche is expected to be more expensive than a BMW as a BMW is expected to be more expensive than say a Honda or a Toyota, although both the latter brands offer perfectly developed cars.

By applying this logic of value for money every performance enthusiast should be driving a GT-R or a M3 at best. And you would be keeping time by wearing a Timex or Casio watchSmiley

--

WAY:

No one has driven the new CTT yet. The CTT people are talking about is the previous  model.

Judging by the leaps forward that the P sport cars have done in the last couple of years or so, I expect the new Cayenne to be the top car.

--

i was not questioning thecapability of the new caynne. i for one would like a strictly road-going version of the cayenne turbo. basically translate what the gts was in turbo territory. in the looks dept even gen 2 left lots to be desired. the car simply put looks downright boring. and that is not what i expect from porsche.  bmw has nailed exactly that with the X6. an SUV for those that do not require an SUV's full features.

to me an SUV is a replacement for a 4 door saloon. i would have been one of the first longing for a porsche suv....but bmw just provided the better package for my needs.

i am talking strictly from a subjective point of view.

nevertheless, i most certainly think that porsche should have offered the cayenne with pdk. obviously they will leave that to the facelift...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Christian,hope tomorrow is the good day to see it!

if you can see it,and also drive it home,will be better again!!!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

WAY:

Smiley I may give Porsche another shot with the Cayenne Turbo S.

I am a diehard Porschephiles but as one, I also look at the price tag. With Porsche I always had the feeling that I get a good bang for the buck but right now, I don't know. Smiley

I wish Porsche would have made the current 997 Turbo S the Turbo four years ago, it would have annihilated the competition for at least two years.

Porsche doesn't understand that they need to be ahead of the competition, not at par.

As to the performance of the new Cayenne: due to the lower weight and some changes in chassis setup, the new Cayenne is faster than the old one, no doubt about it. The Cayenne Turbo is still slower than the Panamera Turbo on the track, as far as I heard, the Cayenne Turbo did not crack the 8 minute barrier on the Nordschleife like the Panamera Turbo did according to some of our sources but I don't have precise numbers yet.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Christian..news on your X5M?

--

I hope you will see X5M today. I know it is very very hard to wait to see a new car...

Super Darius:

Update: My salesperson confused the space grey X5 M I saw on the weekend with mine, the customer name is almost the same as mine, both names start the same. Smiley Smiley

My X5 M didn't arrive yet at the dealership.  Smiley

I almost had a heart attack today: went with my salesperson to their new car parking lot and he showed me the space grey X5 M. The wheels (X6 M wheels) and the rear entertainment system actually made me and the salesperson believe that this is the right car but something got messed up with the exterior and interior colors. He started apologizing...until I saw the VIN number on the rear, it didn't match mine. Smiley

My X5 M will arrive this week at the dealership, the space grey X5 M arrived a day earlier atBremerhaven port with a different ship. Apparently logistics don't work that good at BMW because it would have made much more sense to put both cars on the truck heading for the same destination.

Actually I was very surprised when the dealer called me to tell me that my car arrived. According to the data I had, the car had been "accepted" at the port on March 25th and my dealer called me only one day later. The time frame was just too short but I thought to myself...what the heck...maybe they want to move the cars fast before Easter holiday season.

To make it short: my X5 M is in Germany, it will be at the dealership soon and I'm still going to be able to pick it up on April 9th, as planned but it was kind of a shocker today when the salesperson directed me to the "wrong" car and even told me, that this is itSmiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Premature April's fool? 

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

My son was so eager this morning to see the new car, he woke up at 7 (keep in mind that the kids already have holiday) and got dressed in a couple of minutes, ready to go to the dealership.  Even my daughter joined us, she didn't feel too well but she also wanted to see the new family car. Bummer... 

The kids were so disappointed, I wish my salesperson would have had at least the decency to offer them a toy or something, there are tons of little toy cars there but I guess I'm the only businessman on this planet who has a conscience in a way or another. 

Today is one of these days...I needed a special (not the ordinary stuff you get) liquid for mine and my wife's contact lenses, without this liquid we actually can't leave because I can't disinfect those lenses. I told one of my employees this morning to order them urgently and she messed things up and now I get the liquid delivered from Munich this afternoon, meaning that I need to drive over to my business again to pick them up. 

--

RC:
    Super Darius:

Update: My salesperson confused the space grey X5 M I saw on the weekend with mine, the customer name is almost the same as mine, both names start the same. Smiley Smiley

OUCH!Smiley

i wait and hope better news....sincerely i think that you will come back with some pictures of YOUR car...but,this is,so we and better you must wait again a few..

I'm thinking to your son,he hasn't sleep this night thinking to today,and this morning the sad news,i understand he very well,many times happened to me too,when i was a kid and also today..Smiley

--

well, at least you will be getting what you ordered....which is a good thing...have a safe and fun trip

--

Thank godness you remembered your VIN to confirm that this was wrong. How sad for the kids and of course you. Must have been a scary moment walking over to the car, knowing you already checked it out and knew it was NOT it. That salesperson must be blushing.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

That's too bad, but it'll give you something to look forward to when you return home from your trip. Enjoy Florida.

RC:

The kids were so disappointed, I wish my salesperson would have had at least the decency to offer them a toy or something, there are tons of little toy cars there but I guess I'm the only businessman on this planet who has a conscience in a way or another. 

...no, with me there will be for a minum 2 businessmen with a conscience  on this planet....Smiley

(as my customer often confirm).

I can understand your kids so much and I can't understand your rep. in any way.
    For me his behavior sounds very strange and almost sad.

But after all, your car has arrived in germany and you can pick it after your return. (*sarcasm on* "Hopefully" *sarcasm off* ).
    Enjoy your holidays Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

Vacation update: I safely arrived in the US but my daughter almost didn't make it through border control.

The immigration's officer ESTA status for my daugther was "not approved". Luckily, I had the ESTA authorization papers with me (most people don't bother to print them out because it isn't necessary...according to the ESTA webpage) and my daughter's ESTA approval was there...black on white. I was lucky, the immigration officer was nice and he let us through but I know how close this was.

I don't get it: why the heck does the US even need ESTA? It is a very ineffective preventive system but apparently somebody at HLS thinks that a terrorist is going to announce himself before departure?

Then, the next problem. It took us half an hour to fit our luggage into that crappy Mercedes GLK 350. I don't even know how we're going to do that again when the leave. Tried to get a bigger car but none available.

I'm tired and I go to bed now...the ten hour flight just was too much for me.

--

Get a roof box :)

Whoopsy:

Get a roof box :)

or get a truck next timeSmiley

--

RC:

Vacation update: I safely arrived in the US but my daughter almost didn't make it through border control.

The immigration's officer ESTA status for my daugther was "not approved". Luckily, I had the ESTA authorization papers with me (most people don't bother to print them out because it isn't necessary...according to the ESTA webpage) and my daughter's ESTA approval was there...black on white. I was lucky, the immigration officer was nice and he let us through but I know how close this was.

I don't get it: why the heck does the US even need ESTA? It is a very ineffective preventive system but apparently somebody at HLS thinks that a terrorist is going to announce himself before departure?

That's the problem with security procedures sometimes. The real suspects find ways to get in, as recent experiences have shown.

"They dilute the mosquito and they swallow the camel" as JC said.

Actually, we don't participate in the ESTA. We apply and get a Visa for 11 years each time and we enter and of course exit very easily

--

RC, what do you mean by CRAPPY ??? just kidding, fully agree with you....it is crappy but not total crap. you will find it's rather comfy for daily tasks once you lose that luggage. however, it is small nd rather tight in the back.

when my brother flew to the USA to do his pilot license last year, he was being questioned for about 3 hours as to why and when and where...

obviously he had all papers and permisissions done beforehand, which took him about 3 weeks to complete.

i find it very silly that they allow the best part of a family to pass only to possibly refuse an infant daughter. i doubt she would fit a terrorist profile....

while i find it a bit extreme how they handle things, they have been able to keep the USA free from terror acts since 11.09.....

--

intouch1:

when my brother flew to the USA to do his pilot license last year, he was being questioned for about 3 hours as to why and when and where...

obviously he had all papers and permisissions done beforehand, which took him about 3 weeks to complete.

An Egyptian student at a US flight school inevitably brings memories of Atta of the 9/11mass crime. Smiley

Unfortunately, sometimes the good are put in the same basket as the bad, to protect the innocent.

--

oh and we are holding german passports as well...and my brother studied in hamburg for a few years..... pretty perfect match for any profiler

but contrary to some nutcases we enjoy a good  and believe in combustion engines

--

Going to be reaaal nice this weekend in Miami...

Yep...great weather in Miami today and over the next days. My relaxation mood already kicked in.

--

RC:

Yep...great weather in Miami today and over the next days. My relaxation mood already kicked in.

Too bad that your are in the USA at the moment RC, now that your dealer has burnt down. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

?

--

What did I hear ? It is snowing again in South Germany ? 

Eat this.

mia1.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802493 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448325 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89889 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6368 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885263 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831775 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM