intouch1:
WAY:

The price factor of the X5M also played a role in RC's decision.  Some of us here don't really care so much about paying another 30-40% for a CTT if it is far superior to the X5M, but given it isn't, even die hard Porsche fans like ourselves aren't going to fall for the Cayenne.  

+1

and the cayenne 2 currently is not offering anything new.......with the intro of the first gen turbo they were market leaders in high power suv's.....not anymore.

hopefully porsche will head back in the right direction under current management.

for all WW did for resurrecting porsche, he let the technical dept. slip away too much.

porsche was too slow in adapting new technologies and therefore are now loosing on unit sales.

many are not willing to wait for porsche anymore. instead we started to look left and right only to find the competition having gone head to head and in many an instance taken the lead...

My question is what more could Porsche have done with the Cayenne, especially the new one? I don't think that it is lacking in any area, so what missing technologies are you talking about?

Moreover, I think all of us have been praising the new Turbo/S PDK as a marvel of technology that can rival even the exotics. So sometimes we are contradicting ourselves with our statements.

A Porsche is expected to be more expensive than a BMW as a BMW is expected to be more expensive than say a Honda or a Toyota, although both the latter brands offer perfectly developed cars.

By applying this logic of value for money every performance enthusiast should be driving a GT-R or a M3 at best. And you would be keeping time by wearing a Timex or Casio watchSmiley

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts