Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Finally...my X5 M is on the ship...or not ?

RC:
    Ferdie:

Send the kids on vacation and take new car and wife for a spin. Congratulations, by the way! Smiley

Isn´t there any chance to inspect the car tomorrow morning?

My wife would join the kids I'm afraid. Smiley Smiley

Isn't that the perfect scenario? Send all of them to vacation while you play with your new toy? :)

On a side note, I just throw another curve ball at my salesman for my order, I am trying to change the color to ruby black with slate leather interior, with comfort seats and ventilation. All these are not in the normal Canadian order book, she is going all the way up to BMW Canada to see if such an order can be placed. To my knowledge all are available to customers everywhere else, and it just a matter of pickup a different part from the parts bin when they screw the damn thing together, it's not like I am asking for the impossible.

RC:

Update: my X5 M arrived today at my dealer.

Glad all gone right!Smiley

now is question of a week,enjoy your vacation thinking about the new toy when you will come home.SmileySmiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

The same thing happened with my 997 Turbo: one day before I was supposed to start a family vacation to Italy, the car showed up at the dealer, earlier than expected (there was a delivery ban anyway but who cared... ). So I drove over to the dealer, took a couple of photos, looked at the car and drove back home. I still enjoyed my vacation but it wasn't easy. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

anticipation really is half the fun.....i have had the same with most of my cars. it would arrive and sit at the dealers with me being held up by work or business trips.

sometimes time just flies and other times it seems tostand still.

RC, can you imagine how SLOW the flight back will seem ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

RC, can you imagine how SLOW the flight back will seem ?

Thank you, Sherif. This is exactly what I needed. Not that the flight itself is already long enough. Smiley

Smiley

Yes, I'm kind of excited but I actually plan to enjoy the family trip. Smiley

I hate long flights, I take thousands of gadgets with me but nothing really helps to keep the flight short for me. My wife is even worse, she gets really mad after 10 hours flight time. I always worry that she snaps in front of the immigration officer at the US border.

Can you imagine what happens if the officer tells her that she looks tired ? Last time she almost jumped the guy. Smiley Lesson number one: never tell a woman that she looks tired. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Look at it from the bright side Christian; this way the dealer will have all the time in the world to repair that horrible dent that his mechanic made to it when taking it for a testdrive. She'll be as new when you come to pick her up!

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

i used to equip myself with a million gadgets and magazines as well when getting on longer flights....

nowadays, i just hop on the plane and 'switch off'....while i do not sleep, i go into a state of emptiness.....found that this works best for me.

alternatively, take an old laptop, mess it up and get busy with rinstalling all the drivers etc.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Well...guys...thanks for cheering me up (or at least trying ) but here's a real problem: I couldn't resist and went after work to see my car at the dealership, I hope it would be somewhere on their parking lot or inside the dealership (they have huge glass windows, you can see everything inside).

All I found was this and I'm not sure I'm happy about this.

The dealer has another little garage under the dealership building itself but since the new cars are on the huge parking lot, I wonder why mine isn't there.

I'm starting to get worried...

I know he ordered two X5 M but I can't see mine.

1269701902651f2.jpg

--

RC:

The dealer has another little garage under the dealership building itself but since the new cars are on the huge parking lot, I wonder why mine isn't there.

You are a special customer, simple as that. Smiley

Ferdie:
    RC:

You are a special customer, simple as that. Smiley

Smiley  Smiley

On Monday, 8 am sharp, I'm at the dealership. With my son (he was soooooooo disappointed that he couldn't see our new car today). Smiley

--

ouch that's 2 night of disruptive sleep........RC those eye rings will be massive by the time you are back in germany

while i definitely not hope the same for you......my first X6 50i was delivered with the wrong interior colours.....i had specced red and gotten beige

let's hope that this car in the parking lot is in fact NOT yours !

hopefully that's not why your dealer wnted to hand over the car fter your holiday

just tesing...hopefully everything will be just the way you wanted it. i would assume that the dealer has prepped the car and stashed it away for your visit on monday

--

intouch1:

let's hope that this car in the parking lot is in fact NOT yours !

hopefully that's not why your dealer wnted to hand over the car fter your holiday

Well, I hope the same. Smiley

Fact is: my dealer ordered two X5 M, for me and another customer. I know it for a fact because he mentioned it to me when he (the dealer) tried to switch build slots to get my car earlier. Didn't work out because BMW apparently has only certain weeks when they build M models, don't have a clue why. Maybe they need to adjust something on the production line.

The grey met. color actually looks nice and makes the X5 M look even more subtle but I want and need the options I ordered, so no way, I would never accept this car.

So yes, maybe they just want to prep the car for my visit. Smiley

I think I should have insisted on a Monday delivery, it would have been possible and maybe still is but I just don't have the time for that on Monday.

April 9th it is...unless they really messed up things and my car isn't here. Smiley

--

I hope the dealer didn't take it for a "short" test drive over the weekend

Can't wait to see the pictures.  Sorry you have to wait over the weekend.

--
    Happy Driving

ggbh8:

I hope the dealer didn't take it for a "short" test drive over the weekend

He can't. Unless he knows how to turn back the mileage. Smiley

Maybe the dealer wants to surprise me with a ready-to-go car on Monday but I kind of doubt it. This would be great since I would use it to get to the airport but he would have told me...I guess. Smiley

@Ron: I'm going to survive this weekend...at least I hope so. Smiley  Smiley

--

intouch1:

i would assume that the dealer has prepped the car and stashed it away for your visit on monday

Christian, don't worry.
    I think this is the right explanation.
    Y'll find your car on Monday in best condition and with an perfect combo, I guess.
    Have a nice weekendSmiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

My bet is still on Piech hijacking the car. Probably working on a killer deal for RC on a 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

He can't have the #1 Porsche message board czar driving a BMW.

Whoopsy:

He's gone undercover.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

I finally figured it out RC he has preped the car and sent it straight to your hotel so u can enjoy it while on your easter holiday .

nevertheless may you and your family (it is your familly car after all) enjoy it.

ggbh8:

I finally figured it out RC he has preped the car and sent it straight to your hotel so u can enjoy it while on your easter holiday .

nevertheless may you and your family (it is your familly car after all) enjoy it.

Kind of weird for the car to be shipped to Germany and then back to the US. Smiley

I'll roll with that but I'm afraid my disappointment would be even bigger. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

Although meant lightly, this is a profound comment Smiley

--

Slow In, Fast Out

RC:
    ggbh8:

Kind of weird for the car to be shipped to Germany and then back to the US. Smiley

I'll roll with that but I'm afraid my disappointment would be even bigger. Smiley

thats where the magic happens, the car never left the states Smiley its gonna be waiting for u at the airport. Of course that will be his plan to coverup for the fact that there was a mistake and it didnt make it to the ship in the first place.   Smiley

Nah im kidding the car will be there in perfect spec when you go check it out on monday Smiley

FFaust:
    Whoopsy:

very much so Smiley

RC:

1269701902651f2.jpg

Is this space grey??

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

RC,

Good things come to those who wait

I don't think there would be any problem and you will deliver your New Toy, as it is on Aptil 9th.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:
    RC:

1269701902651f2.jpg

Is this space grey??

I thin so and it looks pretty damn good, surprisingly. Makes the X5 M look even more subtle.

I just hope that my dealer didn't mix up the orders. Smiley

--

Enmanuel:
    FFaust:
    Whoopsy:

very much so Smiley

I'm flattered Smiley but I doubt that Porsche really gives a damn about a single person. Smiley

Well...if they want to sell me a Cayenne Turbo S, let them make me an offer I can't resist. Smiley  Smiley

--

FFaust:
    Whoopsy:

Guess the car was carried to the local Porsche dealer and fitted with Porsche badges at front and rear [special order from Piech].

Christian, you are more than a single person though.  By you going to a M product, many here would take notice and those who may have considered a Cayenne Turbo previously may now be looking at a X5M especially when so many of us here are buying the M products when this is a Porsche board!

WAY:

Christian, you are more than a single person though.  By you going to a M product, many here would take notice and those who may have considered a Cayenne Turbo previously may now be looking at a X5M especially when so many of us here are buying the M products when this is a Porsche board!

exactly as noted by me before. how many of us is it already ? and it's not just porsche fans buying elsewhere...it's die-hard porschephiles !

i am even eyeing the sls at the moment. and while browsing MBUSA, i saw that the C63 retails at only 57k $ base. nd they have a performnce pack at about 5k $ that gives it 30 hp more....that really must be one of the best performance automotive deals....

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806400 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449494 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90440 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7191 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887225 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835977 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM