Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Anyone waiting for a March production car?

I am waiting for a planned March production 997S with factory delivery(also March)!
    Anyone more with production in March?
    Have you guys got production date yet?

I have not got a date yet and I am feeling worried

Thanks
    Dave

Re: Anyone waiting for a March production car?

Dealer told me on February 25th that my production date was going to be March 8th.

I'm also lined up for a March Build. No build date as yet.

March build (no specifics), April 13 Factory Delivery. Bought my plane tickets just before hearing of the labor strike.

My 997C2 is set for a March build but no specific date as of yet. Dealer told me that on 2/16/06 that it was confirmed for a March build.

YEEEEHHHAAA!!!!
    Got my date!!
    17 April.

I have a March production date (originally a January build but bumped b/c of X51). I JUST received the call today (March 2nd) - BUILD DATE OF MARCH 15TH !!!

March build, no word yet. Was ordered in December. C2S, no X51 but PCCB's, Aero, PSE etc etc.

Unknown how the strike will effect us.

Regards,
    Deanski

Quote:
    Deanski said:
    March build, no word yet. Was ordered in December. C2S, no X51 but PCCB's, Aero, PSE etc etc.

Regards,
    Deanski

My dealer traded a 997C2S March 2006 build slot for a 997C2 March 2006 build slot with a dealer in CT, so I was able to get a 997C2 slot. I wonder if you got the 997C2S slot that was traded.

C4S Coupe - March 7 Production date with an expected US delivery for first two weeks of April.

Yep. I've got a Seal Grey 997S Coupe with black supple leather heated seats, sport shifter, sport chrono, sport steering wheel, Bose 13 speaker audio, being built in March with my name on it. My delivery date can't come soon enough! I can't wait!

Quote:
    mid-life fun said:
    Yep. I've got a Seal Grey 997S Coupe with black supple leather heated seats, sport shifter, sport chrono, sport steering wheel, Bose 13 speaker audio, being built in March with my name on it. My delivery date can't come soon enough! I can't wait!

I was told when I signed up for car with deposit- March built and May pickup I guess it must be a long distance to travel downunder or must be a slow ship

Just spoken to my Dealer.
    C4S should be ready for me to collect, at Guildford, 25th March.

Yes. My March build has been projected as far out as May delivery, but it's just a matter of shipping schedules. I've been told that it takes 10 days to cross the pond, and then it's just a matter of land transport and dealer prep here in mid-America. So an April delivery is not out of the question.

I put in the order back in December, but I told dealer if he had to bump me one slot that was OK so long as it doesn't go into summer. At first I thought I had a Feb production, now March. Changed one item (lighted door sills) and order was confirmed again by PCA. Dealer is Danbury.

No other word as of yet. Also no word as to how this strike will effect March builds.
    Regards,
    Deanski

Quote:
    JMShrink said:
    Quote:
    Deanski said:

Regards,
    Deanski

My dealer traded a 997C2S March 2006 build slot for a 997C2 March 2006 build slot with a dealer in CT, so I was able to get a 997C2 slot. I wonder if you got the 997C2S slot that was traded.

Quote:
    sato said:
    March build (no specifics), April 13 Factory Delivery. Bought my plane tickets just before hearing of the labor strike.

Update: Just got back from the dealer where I submitted my final pre-Factory Delivery deposit, and according to the factory's communication with PCNA my car will finish production on April 11.

You can bet I will be following the labor dispute closely over the next three weeks.

Ordered x51 car on Oct 15 for Jan build (placed substantial deposit). Dealer called last week and said I was scheduled for April build - mentioned that x51 order was 60 days behind. So Dec build moved to Feb, Jan build moved to Mar and so on.

I asked him why mine wasn't a Mar build and he said mine was ordered as a Feb build . When I reminded him that our deal was actually based on my getting a Jan build he said no yours was a Feb build...as if I'm so kind of [censored].

Anyone think the dealer may have bumped me out of my Jan build slot because of x51 delays? Any way of finding out what happened?

Given the already long wait, the possibility that they pushed me to a later build slot really has me a little p/o'd at the dealer right now.

-Rick

I had a Feb build to be here in March. I placed order for C4 coupe in late Sept., but kept changing my mind. I finally made up my mind on Dec 2nd and changed my slot. However, I asked the dealer what cars he had in the pipline which were not configured. He had a C4S coupe that was not finalized, so I configured it(bose,nav, rear wiper, adaptive heated seats, sports chrono). It had been set up for Feb build and we thought I might get bumped back, but it actually showed up at Armondo's in mid February. It was a surprise for us all. Alot depends on not what and when you order, but what type of cars the dealer has been preprogramed by Porsche. It is not as important what you configure the car with as is what bodies the dealer has been alotted. If you want a C4S cab, and the dealer does not have one slotted for 6 months, then that it what it is. Maybe he can beg or switch with Porsche or another dealer, but it is best to work with the cars that are in the pipe line and then configure them. PS dealers will tell you anything to get the sale on the books and have you simply wait. I thought my dealer was very helpful and open with me.

Oh hot damn! I got word that at least I'm at PLPROD!

And it's about time!

Deanski

C4S cab waiter, march build, I suspect this will be an early march build as I was unable to change any options around 10d ago.

Saw on my dealer's computer screen today that my car is "TDFINPD" (assuming I read it correctly) so my tourist delivery car is finished production. Yeah!!!

Looks like I may have avoided any strike issues, so now my concerns shift to build quality and the fact that my baby will be sitting around unloved for another 25-days.

Obsession, she is a cruel mistress.

I have a March build slot for my 997C2, but still no word as of today regarding the build date..

Sorry about the wait for those over the Atlantic.

However, no such problems for me I'm over here in the UK.
    Allocated a march build back in January, car was born on Thursday!
    I pick it up from the dealer next Friday morning.
    Hopefully we have some nice weather next weekend to give me some time to have a good drive around.

Quote:
    JMShrink said:
    I have a March build slot for my 997C2, but still no word as of today regarding the build date..

I'm in the same boat. Spoke to the OPC today and they said I'll have to wait until Monday.

Quote:
    JMShrink said:

Did your dealer give you an update of your order status code? It may well be that your car is in production. What I am hearing more and more is that people are having their cars complete production even while they never received a build date. I did not receive a prospective build date, yet my car now appears to be done.

Best of luck!

Quote:
    sato said:
    Quote:
    JMShrink said:

Did your dealer give you an update of your order status code? It may well be that your car is in production. What I am hearing more and more is that people are having their cars complete production even while they never received a build date. I did not receive a prospective build date, yet my car now appears to be done.

Best of luck!

No my dealer didn't give me an update on my order status code. Seems like I'm the one always calling him for info rather than getting a call from him. I wouldn't be surprised if he just calls once it arrives. Best of luck to you as well.

Got word this Friday that car went through Checkpoint 8 and soon to be at port.! I'm waiting for those magic letters: ONVESL!

Delivery should be late April or early May now!

Deanski

I hadn't heard anything from my dealer so I gave him a call today. Well she's on the ship and should be here in 7-10 days. Time to clean out the garage..

Beautiful! It is good to see that the March builds are coming through. I'm still puzzled by how disconnected/unconcerned the dealers are about production progress. Don't they understand how passionate we custom order folks are?

Quote:
    JMShrink said:
    I hadn't heard anything from my dealer so I gave him a call today. Well she's on the ship and should be here in 7-10 days. Time to clean out the garage..

Great news! I'm sure you're happy as hell!

I'm still waiting to hear when I'll be ONVESL, soon I hope.

Deanski

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802597 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448370 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265914 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89914 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6391 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885320 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832050 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM