After 5600 km, I decided to give a little update on my E55 (W211) experience.
So far it has been an experience full of mixed emotions.

Problems so far:
  • Airbag (SRS) warning light came on
  • Dealer exchanged airbag sensor mat in the co-driver's seat
  • Airbag (SRS) warning light came on again
  • Dealer plans to exchange a specific control unit
  • APS 50 crashes very often, only a reset by removing the 40A fuse in the trunk makes it work again, mechanic is desperate
  • After COMAND retrofit, the problem dissapears for a while but comes back again. Fix: removing the 40A fuse and putting it back again. Dealer doesn't know the reason
  • "Key not validated" warning message but engine can still be started via keyless go button, dealer doesn't know what the problem is
  • Oil level warning light comes on after around 250 km fast Autobahn driving during hot weather at speeds up to 280 kph
  • Engine oil level seems to be fine, message dissapears and I can continue my trip
  • Engine oil level warning light comes on again and dissapears again, dealer checks oil level, it seems OK, I can drive home
  • Engine oil level warning light comes on again and this time it tells me to stop the engine immediately, I'm not amused
  • Dealer asks me to leave the car with them

Overall, the E55 seems to have a lot of electronics problems.
    The drive dynamic seat does what he wants, sometimes it works and sometimes not. The massage function gave me a "hit" in my back at a speed of 280 kph, making me almost loose control of the car. Even when I spoke with my mechanic in my car, we both got a little massage without touching a button.
    Another strange thing: I made a complaint about the gearbox upshifting into 4th gear at a speed of around 45 kph and at the same time it doesn't shift down immediately if I press the throttle around 1/4, resulting in a horrible whining noise from the supercharger and a pretty slow acceleration.
    This problem surprisingly dissapeared after retrofitting the COMAND to my car and I thought that maybe the APS 50 was defective and created problems to the whole MOST Bus network. I was wrong, my COMAND froze too and the problem reappeared.
    The most concerning problem seems to be with the brake:
    I made an approach to a red light and started braking very firmly. After coming to a standstill, I slightly reduced the pressure on the brake pedal but still keeping my foot on it.
    Suddenly, the engine revved up to around 1500 rpm and the car started to move and at the same time, it immediately stopped. I know this sounds weird but during this whole incident, the car moved around 30 cm to the front and I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't had my foot firmly on the brake pedal.

My personal conclusion after 6 weeks of ownership and 5600 km: the E55 is fun, it is a very poweful and impressive car, it is fast and easy to control if the ESP is on and it provides a lot of space for passengers and luggage.
    However, the electronics seem to be out of control on this car.
    My dealer is trying everything to help me, today they apologized for giving me a E 240 loaner and promised me a CLK 500 for tomorrow. I like their service but I wish my car would be a little bit more reliable.
    It is still driving but I don't know who would drive without worries with a red lettering on the tach saying to stop the engine.

I'll keep you updated on the results of the repair attempts.