Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Off Topic - Time for a Reality Check

Hi gents (and ladies) -

I just spent the habitual hour or so reading through the 997, Cayenne and AMG forums, and came away a bit grumpy. This evening I read references to "white trash," easily impressed models, which cars are considered masculine vs silly trinkets to give to girlfriends. A bunch of one-up-manship and compensation if you ask me (and by the way I recognize that nobody did - ask me that is).

All I have to say is - PUKE. Wake up guys - there are more important things in life than this juvenile "mine's bigger than yours" BS.

Sorry - I probably have no right to say any of this. So I'll simply say thanks to the RCs, Mike S's and many other who come here to to share their love and knowledge of cars, form a community and support our friends when they need a hand. You guys/ladies make the trip to Rennteam worth it everytime.

End of rant - don't mean to offend anyone.

Re: Off Topic - Time for a Reality Check

I think you didn't get it right..
    where i read about "white trash" and the other things you mention,
    I understood them as jokes and sarcastic remarks..
    they weren't there to offend anyone..

Quote:
    Discover said:
    I think you didn't get it right..
    where i read about "white trash" and the other things you mention,
    I understood them as jokes and sarcastic remarks..
    they weren't there to offend anyone..

Send me a shortcut link please , I cant seem to find it or I have read it and the alarm bells did not ring ..

Cheez ..

throt..

Thanks for the comments PTM. I don't know about your specific references but I do see more of the juvenile banter than I would like. Everyone should try to be respectful of one another and avoid the name calling. You can find plenty of that on other forums if that's what you're into.

PTM,

If anything I wrote offended you, I certainly apologize. One thing I've noticed from my experience on this forum is that the more I participate, the more easily I can write things that could be taken the "wrong" way.

As a parallel, I was an athletic kid and played in several team sports in which teammates would use verbal "antics" to mold the team, and the "locker room" humor and quips would increase during the course of the season as the teammates would get used to each other. The problem with the internet, of course, is that it is less personal, so banter is easier to misinterpret-I have done this myself on more than one occasion.

Overall, I find this forum to be the most enjoyable and least crass of the car forums, so I'll try to do my part to maximize the former and minimize the latter.

hey PTM,

thanks for the kind words, i try my best

The juvenile banter comes with the package when at any forum, I guess we are just going to have to be like adults that we are and accept it. In general, IMO I think Rennteam has a very mature majority of users, I've seen much worse on other forums

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I've seen much worse on other forums

Yeah, on this forum we are all restrained, polite and diplomatic.

So sorry when i might have offended someone, i hope not, otherwise ,my apologies

Quote:
    beltar said:
    So sorry when i might have offended someone, i hope not, otherwise ,my apologies

I'm pretty sure you're clean Beltar!

Let me also jump on here and take this opportunity to say "Sorry" if you guys get p****d off with my BS as well ..

throt...

The only thing I can say is that I love this forum, for me its number 1 in my list!!, well this is the only forum I'm active!!!

RC and moderators such as Carlos, Fanch, Ron, GM Austin, CR etc a big thank you to all you guys!!

First at all, thanks. I wish I and the moderators/editors would have more time to do more for this community but we all have real life jobs, families, kids, etc. But believe it or not: we're monitoring this site all the time and we try to keep up a civilized tone and a friendly atmosphere.

Yes, sometimes there are some posts which are off-topic or even very childish. But try to understand: we're a community of mostly hard working people who share their love for one thing...CARS. For some people like me, Rennteam.com isn't only a community or a place to share experience but also a place to relax and to blow off some bad thoughts/feelings which have been accumulated over the hours and days of hard work. Like a blow-off valve for bad stuff... So we try to keep our moderating powers at a low level/profile because we all share the same feelings and experiences in a way or another and it wouldn't be right to censor or even delete posts/threads which may not be right on topic. We're all human, right?!

Compared to other car forums, I think we have a pretty mature, well educated and civilized audience. And...we also have adolescents and even kids joining us, some of them maybe sometimes cross the borderline but on the other side we're happy to see young people dreaming of the same passion we all share...CARS.

So just try to ignore such posts, like I do most of the time. Nobody gets "hurt", nobody gets insulted...and this is what counts in my opinion.

I'd ask only one little favor from everybody here on the forums: PLEASE try to specify in your TITLE of your thread what the content is all about. Threads like "997" or "997 Carrera" don't help much, try to be more specific or at least make the thread sound like a mystery.

Thanks for joining us and never forget: we're completely independent, commercial-free, fully international car forum. How many discussion forums worldwide have you seen without advertisement and/or a certain agenda on their mind, not to speak about car forums?! YOU guys make this place special because each and every user joining us makes us stronger and more powerful regarding our opinion. Porsche and other car makers already monitor this forums and don't think that our discussions don't have influence upon car makers and their decisions. They DO...this I can tell you for sure. So you have the unique opportunity to influence the development of future Porsche models and maybe other cars, a unique chance in my opinon.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Porsche and other car makers already monitor this forums and don't think that our discussions don't have influence upon car makers and their decisions. They DO...this I can tell you for sure. So you have the unique opportunity to influence the development of future Porsche models and maybe other cars, a unique chance in my opinon.

Cool. So, Dr. Wiedeking, in case you are currently logged on to rennteam ( ), now hear this: We want that 997 Turbo S to come out with 600 Horsepower and 600 Newton-meters of torque and a power-to-weight ratio of at least 0.5 bhp/kg!

Although I'm a relative newbie can I also add that I apologise if I have offended anyone - never meant. But I am surprised by these comments as everyone seems very supportive of each other, 'specially when they show pics of their new baby!

In fact this forum is the only thing keeping me alive at the moment - my order has been put back a month and I am in a-g-o-n-y...

PTM,

You are surely mistaken. Rennteam crushes all other car forums for depth of information and quality of posters. Check out some of the other 'top car forums' and you'll see. They are plain awful in comparison - mostly full of 'one liner' rubbish.

I personally, have not seen any of these 'immature' posts that you mention. But, if all it takes are a few petty 'name calling' outbursts to rattle your cage - may I suggest you stay well away from any 'sporting team forums'....all I can say is that you will have the shock of your life if you visit any of them.

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Porsche and other car makers already monitor this forums and don't think that our discussions don't have influence upon car makers and their decisions. They DO...this I can tell you for sure. So you have the unique opportunity to influence the development of future Porsche models and maybe other cars, a unique chance in my opinon.

Cool. So, Dr. Wiedeking, in case you are currently logged on to rennteam ( ), now hear this: We want that 997 Turbo S to come out with 600 Horsepower and 600 Newton-meters of torque and a power-to-weight ratio of at least 0.5 bhp/kg!

hahahaha that crack me up!!!!!

I think this is great forum. I belong to a cyling forum that is so harsh you wouldn't believe it. The poeple on there treat each other like crap! I've really appreciated all of the comments and help I've received on this forum.

Thank you RC!

This forum is great the way it is, for so many positive reasons- hope it never becomes too politically correct! I enjoy most everyones input.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802499 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448327 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265884 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89891 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6370 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885272 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831814 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM