Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Grand Prix of China

Well, the McLaren't looked quite strong in Friday's practice they've probably got the best shot at the constructor's title. It should make for a good show. However, in contemplating the season finale, I'm wondering how I'm going to survive until March without reading Dr. Phil's astute commentary on the Formula 1 scene.

Re: Grand Prix of China

If The Chinese wanted to fix their Gran Prix, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft would go along and report the Peking mandated results.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    If The Chinese wanted to fix their Gran Prix, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft would go along and report the Peking mandated results.

Whatcha talkin bout Jim?

maybe he is trying to pick on those chinese ! hahahah

My money is on Kimi and Mclaren for the constructors title.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Whatcha talkin bout Jim?

For starters, Yahoo cooperates with the Chinese government to identify email content,addresses and online identities of Chinese poltical dissidents.

Google,to get into the Chinese market,identifies Taiwan as a province of China and not as a seperate nation state.

Google, MSN and Yahoo in China, for the Chinese internet audience, use filters to exclude political research and topics that might offend the Communist Party of China.

Its disgusting.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Whatcha talkin bout Jim?

For starters, Yahoo cooperates with the Chinese government to identify email content,addresses and online identities of Chinese poltical dissidents.

Google,to get into the Chinese market,identifies Taiwan as a province of China and not as a seperate nation state.

Google, MSN and Yahoo in China, for the Chinese internet audience, use filters to exclude political research and topics that might offend the Communist Party of China.

Its disgusting.

China's moved closer to being a free society in the last 10 years of more open intercourse with the west than it did in the 40 years of confrontation before that. Let things take their course. It'll lead to a quicker "fix" than going back to the rhetoric of earlier decades.

Back to cars and motor sport .......

Quote:
    426h said:
    My money is on Kimi and Mclaren for the constructors title.

I may have spoken too soon. I just woke up and played the recording of qualifying which took place at 1 am here. Renault front row should make the fight for the contstructor's championship.

Somebody is really pissed!

Kimi went from 17th to fist last time.
    How hard do you think it will be for him to beat longhaired homoboy Feminando from this grid position?

Look at the picture. Is the "champion" showing us the approximate size schlong he likes to get up in his tailpipe?

So, you got any insults that are NOT homophobic?

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:

It sure looks like it! he didn't take the news too well, and it may be even worse tomorrow

Kimi's Mc Laren looked (as usual)very heavy in the qualification session. Th MCs were a lot faster in all free sessions. Be ready for a Mc Laren lead after the first Renault pit stops.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    ..Look at the picture. Is the "champion" showing us the approximate size schlong he likes to get up in his tailpipe?

Quote:
    brunner said:

No.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:

It sure looks like it! he didn't take the news too well, and it may be even worse tomorrow

Hey carlos where have you been, not too active as in the past!!, too much work??

BTW, have you heard about the porsche driving courses at Jarama circuit???, we received a letter with all the info, Pedro Martinez de la Rosa will be there along with other spanish pilots, price of the course 1.400euros for one person, and you bring your own car!!

May be we go there at least to do some pics!!!! ,

Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:
    Kimi's Mc Laren looked (as usual)very heavy in the qualification session. Th MCs were a lot faster in all free sessions. Be ready for a Mc Laren lead after the first Renault pit stops.

Cookie Monster, you are a brilliant F1-analyst! The maclarens were loooaaded with fuel. The blue and yellow cars ran on fumes.

Quote:
    426h said:
    Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:

Cookie Monster, you are a brilliant F1-analyst! The maclarens were loooaaded with fuel. The blue and yellow cars ran on fumes.

Unless accidents or the usual McL meltdown cripple the cars, the Mclarens will own this race easy.
    Nice qual run by Renault, but like you guys say, they are on a different strategy.
    The strategy is called " let's hope the McLarens dont kick our asses but hopefully break down instead, cuz that's the only hope we have of winning anything."

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

No.

LOL..

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    How hard do you think it will be for him to beat longhaired homoboy Feminando from this grid position?

In that race, Steady Freddie went from 16th to 3rd, putting two nice passes on Schumi but Kimi drives a faster car. He didn't pass Fisi on the last lap because he's was a better driver. He passed him because he was driving a faster car. Having a faster car can help you to win a race Dr. Phil.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

In that race, Steady Freddie went from 16th to 3rd, putting two nice passes on Schumi but Kimi drives a faster car. He didn't pass Fisi on the last lap because he's was a better driver. He passed him because he was driving a faster car. Having a faster car can help you to win a race Dr. Phil.

Yes, having a faster car can definitely help you win, but having a car that's faster but also more unreliable can help you loose the championship.

We will definitely see different strategies tomorrow from Renault and McLaren. The McLarens were incredibly fast until the qualifying, so they're heavier without a doubt. It's still anyone's race though, and I'm looking forward to a great finish to a great season.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Hey carlos where have you been, not too active as in the past!!, too much work??

BTW, have you heard about the porsche driving courses at Jarama circuit???, we received a letter with all the info, Pedro Martinez de la Rosa will be there along with other spanish pilots, price of the course 1.400euros for one person, and you bring your own car!!

May be we go there at least to do some pics!!!! ,

Been on vacation

The Porsche driving course is a rip off IMO, 1400 Euro and you take your onw car = one set of tires on top of it. There are other courses with provide the 911 and for much less. But thats my opinion though.

Don't forget to tape Telecico this early morning

BTW, those speculating on the Renaults qualifying on dry, Alonso said that he was surprised on the qualifying becuase he had quite a bit of fule and his strategy is good for the race not qualifying. Lets see during the race... but thats 6 poles to Alonso now, more than any other driver in this season, and with a Renault on top of it.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    BTW, those speculating on the Renaults qualifying on dry, Alonso said that he was surprised on the qualifying becuase he had quite a bit of fule and his strategy is good for the race not qualifying. Lets see during the race... but thats 6 poles to Alonso now, more than any other driver in this season, and with a Renault on top of it.

I guess you're right. I believe that Alonso likes getting a pole ever so often, altho I'm not so sure he likes to be on top...

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

No.

LOL..

Acvtually, I think I'm more of a giliemanphobe than a homophobe.
    But speking of homophobia, I just love this dialogue from "As good as it gets". Author Melvin Udall (portrayed by Jack Nicholson) gets disturbed by his sensitive and kind, gay neighbour whose dog - Verdell- Melvin Udall just shoved down the laundy shute in their apartment building.
    The neighbour, Simon Nye (played by Greg Kinnear) confronts Udall about the dog issue for the second time within a few minutes in the middle of Udall's writing, thus disrupting Udall's concentration much to his dismay.

Simon has just rung the bell of Udall's door.

MELVIN
    ... Son-of-a-bitch-pansy-assed-stool-pusher.

He burst from his chair.

INT. APARTMENT BUILDING (NEW YORK) - HALLWAY - NIGHT
    As Simon hears MELVIN through the door and takes a step back. Melvin throws open the door. He looks demonic.

MELVIN
    (loud and angry)
    Yeeeess!!!??

SIMON
    Maybe this can wait.

Frank (Simon's friend played by Cuba Gooding Jr.) signals encouragement as Melvin opens the door.

SIMON
    I found Verdell, Mr. Udall.

MELVIN
    (Deeply sarchastic) Well, that's a load off.

Melvin walks back into the apartment and is about to close the door when Simon has another burst of bravery.

SIMON
    Did you... do something to him?

MELVIN
    Do you realize that I work at home?

SIMON
    (eyes downcast)
    No, I didn't.

MELVIN
    Do you like to be interrupted when you're nancing around in your little garden?

SIMON
    No... actually, I even shut the phone off and put a little piece of cardboard in the ringer so no one can just buzz me from d...

MELVIN
    Well, I work all the time. So never, never again interrupt me.
    Okay? I mean, never. Not 30 years from now... not if there's fire. Not even if you hear a thud from inside my home and a week later there's a smell from in
    there that can only come from a decaying body and you have to hold a hanky against your face because the stench is so thick you think you're going to faint even then don't come knocking!
    Or, if it's election night and you're excited and want to celebrate because some fudge-packer you dated has been elected the first queer President of the United States... and he's going to put you up in Camp David and you just want to share the moment with someone... don't knock... not on this door. Not for ANY reason. Do you get me, sweetheart?!?

Now that should keep Brunner preoccupied for a few minutes

I agree, I think McLaren's were heavy on fuel...But what about this course? It seems hard to overtake on this course, except for perhaps a divebomb through the straight. The Mcs might hold back until the pits for the Renaults.

I think the key for Renault will be stretching as long as possible to the 1st pit. Because if it is too early, the McLarens will have enough time to make about 25 seconds of lead before they have to pit, which would in effect, allow them to sustain the lead through their first pit.

That will be the race on a relatively hard track to overtake.

imo

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    but thats 6 poles to Alonso now, more than any other driver in this season, and with a Renault on top of it.

He also is the clear winner of the titles "most luck", "least amount of talent and most passive driving all season", "longest hair", "most lipgloss worn all season" and "lowest weight and height every GP".
    Oh, and yes..."fewest overhauls in the history of F1".

Too bad he doesnt have most wins and most fastest laps.
    But I guess that would take some actual talent to achieve those goals.

Heck, even the very diplomatic commentators on Danish TV have started joking about the fact that he never overtakes anyone and doesnt win himself, but rather relies on Kimi's bad luck (which Alonso then seriously tells the media that he considers to be lucky. How very intelligent!)

Carlos, you need to back another horse. I know he is spanish and all that, but you gotta get with the program!
    U got appr. 6 months before the next season to stop letting yourself be blinded by your undying love for Mr. Girliepants and actually start WATCHING the races.
    Apart from the hollow "I'll drive on 1 litre of fuel in the qualifications and then pit 16 times" -poles that he gets he has achieved nothing.
    I know you like his hair and teeth, but think ahead:
    What will you do next season? Unless you believe McL can repeat their streak of bad luck and unreliable mech, you will find youself cheering for a one-hit wonder. I'll say it in spanish, to make sure you understand:
    Feminando est una girlieboyos con no talentos. Nextos seasonas he will gettos his sissy assos kicked by los Hombre del Ice.
    Es no possibile to winnos on luckos for evos.

I've paid to hear comedians who didn't make me laugh like Dr. Phil does.

2 girliemen + conservative driving + luck + dirty pit tricks = Renault.
    I'm sure Carlos is out celebrating at his private club right now.

What an end to an exciting season.
    Crappy track and even crappier personnell played a way too big role in this GP.
    I would think Renault had the race more or less in the bag considering Kimi's less-than-par performance today.
    But what a classic example and very symptomatic for McLaren's bad luck this season: A poorly designed manhole cover FUBARS Monty's car and that settles the championship.

Renault used the same dirty pit strategy (Fisi slowing down the rest of the field so Feminando could get fuels) as McLaren did a couple of races ago.
    Back then Flavio Breatore was a very outspoken and active basher of the McLaren team for using this kind of unsportsmanlike tricks.
    Seems his morals change pretty much the moment dirty tricks can be used to his own advantage.

Alonso had the pole - which was a good tactical decision, since he isn't able to overtake anyone except backmarkers.
    He did the job and I'm sure we all feel proud that a borderline midget-short and very young driver can make it so well in a heterosexual sport.
    Well done.

Fisi did a great job of slowing down Kimi and the rest for the first 15 laps or so, and even though very bad luck hit Alonso twice (safety car) they managed to keep their heads cool and do the job.

Renault does in no way have an impressive package, but they do get a lot out of what they have, I'll give them that.

Christian Klien is a shooting star IMO.
    Been driving sensibly and near perfect the latter part of the season and helped RB to have a great season.

What the hell was Schumi doing?? Anyone know?

A strange race where the track and poor organisation of track personnell played a much too big role.

The big question now is:
    What the hell am I going to do the next 6 months???

What a boring race....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802658 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448385 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265924 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89925 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6397 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885339 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832165 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM