Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Last to 1st

What a race! Kimi was awesome!Too bad there's only one more race this season.

Re: Last to 1st

Brilliant drive by Kimi. Credit to Alonso too from 16th to 3rd with 2 great passes on Michael. The McLaren racecar is in a league of it's own. Dr Phil is likely drinking champagne.

Yup one of the best races Ive seen for years.. Amazing moves from a lot of the drivers...

Alonso was very unlucky with the stupid, stupid FIA ruling that made him slow down again for Klein... but nothing away from Kimi he drove amazingly.

Great stuff, lucking forward to the last race now!

I think that McLaren are happy not because he won..
    but because he didn't destroy the engine..

ArgH!!! Dont even know the result yet! Was doing trackday
    Not even Kimi can beat that

I'll check it out and get back to you with some objective and unbiased remarks - as always

I have said it before and I will keep repeating it until the Iceman gets crowned: The 2005 F1 championship was handed to the wrong guy.

Let me hear the expected excuse "but Alonso didnt need to win..." or "yeah, but even tho Kimi has more victories, Alonso is still the champion."

Now Kimi has more wins than "the champion". LOL:
    What a hollow victory for Alonso.
    Even the lamest retard in the back row can now clearly see that Kimi and Alonso are in different leagues.

Girlieman, see if you can go from 17th to first place. Then we will talk about being a champion.
    Iceman rules. Get with the program

Great Race on a great track. What a pass at the end by Kimi! Phenomenal

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Brilliant drive by Kimi. Credit to Alonso too from 16th to 3rd with 2 great passes on Michael. The McLaren racecar is in a league of it's own. Dr Phil is likely drinking champagne.

Close...
    But I am definately celebrating that the true champion yet again showed the world who the most talented driver is. And sadly, it's not the midget they handed the championship a couple of weeks ago.

Looking forward to next race and next season, too!

A quote from F1.com: Alonso says:
    "I think I have done maybe two or three overtaking manoeuvres all year up to now, and today there were about fourteen, but I could afford to take the risks because there was nothing to lose."

Indeed a true champion. He has "won" the F1 championship with almost NO real dogfights ALL season, and when he finally does overtake someone, he only dares to because he has nothing to lose. This guy is a joke!

Without a shadow of a doubt Kimi is the uncrowned champ this season period.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    He has "won" the F1 championship with almost NO real dogfights ALL season

Yeah well just imagine for a second if "Alahando" had done real "dogfights" during all the season!!!!

(which in my opinion he did )

Quote:
    ha said:

Today's performance will undoubtedly serve Kimi well in his contract negotiations with Ferrari.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    He has "won" the F1 championship with almost NO real dogfights ALL season

Yeah well just imagine for a second if "Alahando" had done real "dogfights" during all the season!!!!

(which in my opinion he did )

I guess you'll have to do just that: Imagine it, cuz he never did it.
    Let's hope he will get a reason to at least TRY driving like a champ next season

Where's Carlos, Brunner, Jimbo and the rest of the Girlieman posse?
    You seem awefully quiet! Hehehe...
    Don't worry, you can always use the excuse "He didn't have to win, so he ended up third on purpose..."

That was probably THE race this season. Way to go Kimi for such a stunning performance!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    ..Don't worry, you can always use the excuse "He didn't have to win, so he ended up third on purpose..."

Of course he has to win unless he doesn't give a sh!t to the constructors championship which I highly doubt.

Fantastic race,fantastic Kimi!!!

It was funny reading that Alonso thinks Kimi was lucky this season.

Defenitely the best race of the season. Amazing how Kimi passed Fisci in the last lap! This is how F1 should be, the leaders in the championship should start from the back, then you have a race like this every weekend. Alternatively give them extra weight when they score points.

Quote:
    ha said:

That is probably true, but that must make the McLaren the uncrowned crap car of the season

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Girlieman, see if you can go from 17th to first place. Then we will talk about being a champion.

Well Alonso did go from 16th to 3rd.
    And he probably would have been fighting with Kimi for the victory if it hadn't been for a poor fuel stratetgy and being told to let Klien pass him one more time (when he was 7 seconds in front of Klien) when he didn't really need to do so, and lost a lot of time there.

But what a race, clearly the highlight of the season so far, and one of the best races in years.
    It had everything - spectacular overtaking even by the frontrunners, crashes, safety car, even a pitfire and the win was decided on the last lap.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kimi, he was the man of the day, but I will say that I think it was Fisi who lost the victory rather than Kimi winning it. If Fisi hadn't protected the inside line going in to the chicane (when he didn't really need to - Kimi wasn't close enough to make a move in my eyes) Kimi would have had a much tougher time passing him. I'm not saying that he wouldn't have passed him anyway, but I think Fisi handed him the victory by poor driving under pressure. Just look at how many laps Kimi was stuck behind MS (who knows how to defend a position under pressure) who was in a car even slower than Fisi's.

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Well Alonso did go from 16th to 3rd.
    And he probably would have been fighting with Kimi for the victory if it hadn't been for a poor fuel stratetgy and being told to let Klien pass him one more time (when he was 7 seconds in front of Klien) when he didn't really need to do so, and lost a lot of time there.

But what a race, clearly the highlight of the season so far, and one of the best races in years.
    It had everything - spectacular overtaking even by the frontrunners, crashes, safety car, even a pitfire and the win was decided on the last lap.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kimi, he was the man of the day, but I will say that I think it was Fisi who lost the victory rather than Kimi winning it. If Fisi hadn't protected the inside line going in to the chicane (when he didn't really need to - Kimi wasn't close enough to make a move in my eyes) Kimi would have had a much tougher time passing him. I'm not saying that he wouldn't have passed him anyway, but I think Fisi handed him the victory by poor driving under pressure. Just look at how many laps Kimi was stuck behind MS (who knows how to defend a position under pressure) who was in a car even slower than Fisi's.

Hmmm, well, it didn't exactly sound like Fisi was "handing the victory" to Kimi as you write. If Fisi's car had broken down or he had done something extraordinarily stupid I'd say you were right.
    If you like to focus on drivers getting victories handed to them, I suggest you look at Alonso's season. He got 4-5 victories handed to him without ANY fight whatsoever.

From what I read it doesnt sound like Kimi was handed anything at all.

I realize it's tough being an Alonso-fan and seeing Kimi drive a car the way it was supposed to be driven, but it's not too late to realize you were backing the wrong horse and instead joining the Kimi fanclub

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    It was funny reading that Alonso thinks Kimi was lucky this season.

Not only is he the youngest F1 "champion" ever, he is quite possibly the most retarded, too

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Hmmm, well, it didn't exactly sound like Fisi was "handing the victory" to Kimi as you write. If Fisi's car had broken down or he had done something extraordinarily stupid I'd say you were right.

Well he did something pretty stupid - he defended the inside line in the chicane when he didn't have to and got a poor exit out the chicane as a result, which allowed Kimi to overtake him on the pit straight.

Quote:
    If you like to focus on drivers getting victories handed to them, I suggest you look at Alonso's season. He got 4-5 victories handed to him without ANY fight whatsoever.

I know you feel that Alonso has been handed the championship because Kimi has many DNFs this season. But that is part of the equation too - to finnish first, first you have to finnish! (misspelling intended)

Quote:

I realize it's tough being an Alonso-fan and seeing Kimi drive a car the way it was supposed to be driven, but it's not too late to realize you were backing the wrong horse and instead joining the Kimi fanclub

I'm not a Alonso fan , I just think he's a well deserved champion. The Alonso/Renault package has been the best through the whole season, which is why he has more points than Kimi/McLaren.

But who's the best driver is another discussion, and right now I agree that Kimi is the best out there.

Dr. Phil, you'd better take something to calm yourself before reading this:
    web page

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    web page

Yes you are lucky if you only have bad luck as opposed to really bad luck.... Sorry but Alonso is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Anyway, I think Mercedes didn't do their job properly and that's what lost kimi the championship. But it's all good, the big red parade ended and we see some new guys fighting for the title!

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    web page

Hehehe....
    I dont think very many of the F1 drivers would be potential rocket scientists, but with comments like this, I'm amazed that Alonso even managed to drive the correct way around the track, let alone hold up the right amount of fingers when flashing the number of "victories" he got.

I believe he is not the right champion at all, but I had hoped he would at least be a fair sportsman.
    Not commending Kimi (or any other competitor) is only natural, but this comment is both childish, disrespectful and downright stupid.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    web page

Yeah, LPM that's what I was referring to in my last post- too funny! I hope Alonso was drunk or misquoted!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802613 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448375 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89918 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6394 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885325 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832091 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM