Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Jaguar XK website - wow!

Look at stunning pictures, choose your color/wheel and interior combination at the one the most elegant websites I have seen:
    The new XK
    (Click on "Visit the new XK website)

A little hint: Turn your sound on and don't click on skip intro. After the intro is finished, click on See

This is also one of the most elegant cars I have seen in a long time, and is right up there with the AMV8 in the looks department IMO
    And this is the car that BMW should have made - Ian Callum 1, Chris Bangle 0!

Re: New Jaguar XK website - wow!

Stunning interior

Different angle:

A few more pics:

Side:

Sexy rear end:

The Carlos from Spain shot :

Nice site - very slick.

Funny how the car looks like a Supra in the Onyx White though!

I think the car is very pretty from the side or rear but I hate the front.

ok im actually begining to like the car, i might buy one 30 years from now.

this car have very high reputation in uk ! hope is not over promo by the uk press.

wish i could agree; I think the front just ruins it. also the steering wheel was stolen from a focus.

A very nice alternative to the SL or that kind of GT cars.
    Very nice pics, thanks for the link!

What's with the Ford Taurus grill???

am i the only one who thinks that this car looks crap? like if hyundai tried to copy the AM DB9. interior is totally ordinary, could be any mass market car.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    am i the only one who thinks that this car looks crap?

No, you're not alone. I second that.

temm,
    thanks for posting it though .

Quote:
    temm said:
    This is also one of the most elegant cars I have seen in a long time, and is right up there with the AMV8 in the looks department IMO

Hmmm, I meant as good looking as the DB9.
    The AMV8 is still the best looking car on the planet.

Quote:
    nicholas j said:

That is all that goes through my head when I see the front of the XK.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    am i the only one who thinks that this car looks crap? like if hyundai tried to copy the AM DB9. interior is totally ordinary, could be any mass market car.

Agreed... the headlights are hilarious. Can you say Ford Cougar?

Quote:
    zzboba said:

When I first saw pictures of the car, I absolutely hated it. In these latest pics though, I don't dislike it as much, but it looks to me like just any other car on the road, nothing really special about it at all.
    There is definitely a connection to it and Aston Martin, but I think Astons are among the most beautiful cars in the world, while this just seems a little mediocre right now.

sweet

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

When I first saw pictures of the car, I absolutely hated it. In these latest pics though, I don't dislike it as much, but it looks to me like just any other car on the road, nothing really special about it at all.
    There is definitely a connection to it and Aston Martin, but I think Astons are among the most beautiful cars in the world, while this just seems a little mediocre right now.

I have seen this car "in the flesh" when it was shown at the Geneva Salon in March, and can assure you that the exterior does not look like it might be a Hyundai, and not mediocre. Looked much more like a modern incarnation of the XK-E.

Quote:
    kunal said:
    Quote:
    nicholas j said:

That is all that goes through my head when I see the front of the XK.

You ignorant fools
    This is the inspiration for the grill:

In case you had forgotten what the new one looks like:

Preview from Autoexpress.co.uk:

Quote:
    New Jag revives spirit of E-Type

The legendary E-Type lives - and Auto Express has the pictures to prove it! We were granted access to get these exclusive photos of the new XK, and even slid behind the wheel of the machine tipped to be the coolest Big Cat ever.

Inspired by the Sixties' classic, the 155mph coupé replaces the current nine-year-old model. Challenging the Porsche 911 and the V8 Vantage from sister firm Aston Martin, the car will be available from January with a sub-Pounds60,000 price tag - that's Pounds20,000 less than the Aston. Has Jaguar created a bargain, or is the new XK a class below its Ford family rival?

One thing's for sure, the classic styling and swooping bodywork will prove a big part of the Jag's appeal. An oval grille - a replica of the E-Type's - is a nod to the firm's heritage, while the snub nose and bulging bonnet hint at the power offered by the 300bhp 4.2-litre V8.

Settling into the supportive driver's seat and gripping the thick-rimmed wheel, your first impression is of a fantastic view through the windscreen. Unlike many of today's super-coupés, the long bonnet is clearly visible, arcing down to the corners of the car.

Based on the ALC concept, which debuted at the Detroit Motor Show in January, the production vehicle's lines are more rounded, and the rear end is fuller. With its flared wheelarches and massive 20-inch tyres, the newcomer has plenty of road presence.

Capable of sprinting from 0-60mph in 5.9 seconds, the model is nearly as fast as the current 400bhp XKR flagship - and to prove it, Auto Express was treated to an impressive demonstration drive. Under hard acceleration, the car sounds fantastic, and through corners it displays seemingly unflappable poise.

But the efforts of Jaguar's engineers didn't stop there. The firm also worked to reduce fuel consumption and improve emission levels. The engine meets strict Euro IV pollution regulations, and even though exact numbers have still to be confirmed, CO2 output is expected to drop by six per cent, while fuel economy improves by 2mpg over the current car.

These figures are helped by a new six-speed auto, which couples Jaguar's traditional 'J'-shaped gate with wheel-mounted paddles. The fully automatic Drive mode offers refinement, while the Sport setting sharpens the system's responses, holding gears for longer and blipping the throttle on downshifts.

It's immediately obvious that Jaguar has brought the cabin bang up to date as well. The prototype we tried offered keyless entry, a push-button starter and active lighting, which glows gently in the footwell to enhance the feeling of space. A minimalist instrument cluster houses two dials which are mounted either side of a tiny read-out that displays sat-nav instructions and gear selection.

A strict 2+2 layout includes bigger rear seats than those in the current XK, while the hatchback and huge glass area make the cockpit feel light and airy.

Given that it will be little more than a year from concept debut to production model in showrooms, what we've seen is very impressive. Crucially, the demonstration drive suggested the all-new XK promises to be every bit as good on the road as it is to look at.
    Dan Strong

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802718 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448411 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265940 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89952 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6426 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885409 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832345 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM