Quote:
W8MM said:
Formerly, I began to think that while driving on German autobahnen that "NL" on the back of a combi meant "No Look".

They were capable of jumping directly into my lane while I was overtaking them at +100 kph or more. Drivers displaying the "NL" medallion were really scary compared to the well mannered other drivers from across Europe one encountered at the time.

This is still the case for many drivers from countries with low speedlimits and/or very few high-speed cars.
There is an amazing difference between driving in Denmark and Germany, although neighbouring countries.
On the freeway, the average danish driver will pull out from the right lane as you approach him in the left lane from behind.
He cannot see and/or doesnt care that you might be travelling at 170 kmh instead of his 110kmh. (Max speedlimits on some freeways in DK is 130 km/h. All other freeways 110 km/h).
Naturally this is the source of both irritation and accidents.
Pulling out from the right lane and going waaaay too slow for the cars in the left lane is one of the most common reasons for accidents on the freeways.

German drivers are generally different.They are used to free speed and more importantly; they spend more time checking the rear view mirror than the road ahead. And they know that there are some seriously fast cars on the freeway, and respect that some people wanna travel faster than they do themselves.