Quote:
zacharie said:
If I am not wrong there's a correlation betweenn the choice of wing and the fromt bumper shape [roughly]. So what's the point of buying only an aftermarket spoiler without a new front?

You are not wrong, Porsche will not sell you the rear wing of the Carrera's GT3 aerokit (Aerokit Cup) alone, nor the bumper alone, etc. for a reason. You have to buy the whole aerokit package becuase its designed to work together. The complete aerokit as a whole increases downforce and reduces lift at speed but installing only one of the aerokit's parts such as the rear wing will do more harm than good to the car's stability and aerodinamics at speed. Its purely aesthetical in that case, which is OK by me, if the owner likes it thats fine with me, its his car, but its just for looks. And its true, to me the carrera looks much better with a rear wing, but personally I would not sacrifice stability and grip at high highway speeds just for the look of the rear wing personally. And believe me, at high speeds, the effect is noticeable. But then again some drivers don't or can't take their 911 to high speeds so it wouldn't do much harn in those cases either.