bluelines:

That is why I would have expected to see Audi e-trons everywhere here in Switzerland. Instead I see none, but more and more Tesla. This is the country for premium Audis by the way. Q5, Q7, A6 estate in all models.

The e-tron seem overpriced and underpowered compared to Tesla. No one with a premium / powerful Tesla would change to a more expensive and less powered Audi. So I think Tesla has become sticky here and it is very hard to get customers to jump brand. The Taycan is too expensive to compete with anything but a Porsche Turbo S. Volkswagen is not seen as the same level as lower Tesla here. Maybe that is in North America.

So no, I don’t get the strategy and I get the feeling the German car makers try to do EV the same way they have done combustion. Tesla seem to operate on a different level here, which probably attracts people of younger generations. At least that is what I hear from owners here (anecdotal evidence).

Whether 800V is better or not becomes a rather academic discussion if cars are not sold. 

Again, not a Tesla owner nor a Tesla fan indecision They do seem to do a lot of things right and differently right. A bit Apple over the whole setup.

The e-Tron SUV wasn't suppose to be ground breaking car. it was just the world's first luxury EV SUV (aruguably between it and the Jaguar). But it is on last generation 400V tech.

It does everything 'good enough', nothing spectacular. I used it for school runs and stuff in the city, it's perfectly fine for that job. Not the quickest off the line, but not expected as a city car. Not having the longest range among EV, but that also don't matter as a city car, heck despite the 'short range', I only charges mine every two, three weeks. It carries 5 in comfort and loads of room for cargo and that's exactly what it is made for, carry people and stuff around the city. It fills a niche in the market place, where people wants a EV in the city, but they don't want a basic car but wanted a luxurious interior. 

--