RC:
d997h:

...they seem to have skipped that in Germany as well - my godchild is currently at driving school and will not have any entry of that sort in his driving licence ...

Not yet, it is planned for 2021 (I talked to the driving school owner). It seems that all drivers who have a driving license with "automatic only" will be able to drive manual as well, without restrictions. This is supposed to be valid for old licenses as well. Maybe I should tell my son because this should facilitate his driving exam. He can learn driving a manual later, once he needs it (any car he has on his "wishlist" is an automatic/DCT). I can buy a crappy old car with manual to exercise. Smiley

Had the same dilemma with my son just about 3 weeks ago. Lots of arguing at the dinner table.  He likes to take the easy way and my wife was supporting him. Finally I convinced him, with force Smiley, that he does it in the manual . 

He ain't more stupid then what million of people had to do until now... he can do it  Smiley  I wanted him also to learn manual properly, with the driving instructor. Not just vaguely later on.  He quickly realized it is not that much more complicated with the manual driving my 964 all over the place . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS