100%Grant:
Leawood911:

Still no indication if it will be the GT3 block. Lol. My guess it is. Else it would not be such a secret. It will impact the value of the old gt4. 

All of the Flat-6 motors used now (3.0L, 3.8L TT, and 4.0L) use the same basic 9A1 or 9A2 block (crankcase, more accurately).  The differences are internal as well as cylinder heads, intakes, exhaust, etc.  So, even if the GT4 uses the same 9A1 block and even if it uses the same 4.0L displacement as the GT3, that does not mean that they will the same or even very similar.

If the GT4 has a dry sump, hollow crankshaft, Titanium conrods, and solid lifters in the valvetrain, then I am willing to call the motor the same or similar (with or without detuning).

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

100% agree with your definition. Especially dry sump.  I would also assume that producing and certifying two vastly different NA motors just to support marketing makes little sense.  Anyway if it is dry sump and uses the solid lifters then iit will be a gem and collectible.