As a long time Porsche owner I have been amazed to hear about how often people are forced to replace their rotors (front) on 911s of today. I drove literally 100,000 miles on a couple of 911s and never had to replace the iron rotors. But things are changing. Environmental issues are forcing brake manufacturers to use different materials and those materials are shortening the life of cast iron rotors, and their pads.

When you order a modern day automobile, one would think that you would want the best and most capable brakes for that auto. Compared to ceramics on a Ferrari, the Carrera PCCBs are a relative bargain.

Sure, like all brakes, they don't work effectively that first time you step on the brake coming out of a car wash, but that's it. I have read repeatedly the comments about a few people who claim that they're unsafe in rain. What a bunch of crap. I have over 26,000 on mine and they still look brand new. The brake pedal modulation is perfect, and I appreciate the lower unsprung weight as it makes that car handle that much better. I suspect the PCCB rotors will easily surpass 250,000 miles before you need consider replacment,--if even then. Do the math. How many time will you have been in for iron rotors and pads in that time, along with labor? And downtime with the car?

And the myriad complaints about rusty rotors and rusty wheels? Avoid iron,--and you avoid rust. People write how you won't get back your investment in PCCBs at resale. How much do you get back at resale anyway? Are you ordering the car for resale purposes?

There's also the set of people you might order the PCCBS, put inferior brakes on while they own it, and then return the PCCBs just before they sell the car. Poitn them out to me and I'LL buy that car! I love it when people save a car for the next guy.

Dan