bridggar:

In the UK, I'd say the Panamera was perceived as a more expensive Audi A7? Bentley is in a different market. Not sure many would cross-shop them. Personally, I'd like either but only if someone else was taking the depreciation hit.

The perception of Bentley in Germany depends on the city and region you live in. We have a family friend, he owns two Bentley Continental sedans (both in white Smiley) but he owns one of the biggest chair making factories in Germany, so...people expect this car from him. I also have a customer who is an entrepreneur and she drives a Bentley GT Coupe convertible. She is well known in the city (some of the buildings here are named after her...), so people expect this kind of car from her. Then, there is a real estate guy I know who also has a Bentley GT but his experience is pretty bad (according to him), especially the police stops him all the time (he has a migration background and a bit darker skin, so... Smiley). His next car is going to be a Mercedes S63 (I think he already ordered it).

In Munich, you can see tons of Bentleys, no problem but in certain regions, it could be perceived at the same level as Ferrari or...Corvettes. Smiley 

Panamera? Ranges from "glorified Audi" to "great Porsche". Reputation was a bit better though in the past, many women liked the car (incl. my wife) but now...not so much anymore, it kind of lost it's appeal, for whatever reason. Or the Macan stole the show. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)