Quote:
John SF 2005 997 S said:
Sure - It SLOWS you down !!!

I always laugh when I see people with civics etc and after market wings. Don't they know all that thing does is slow you down at anything below about 100mph ? Also since none of them are actually tested on the cars they are on - they could actually have CATASTROPHIC effects at speed - Like making the front end so light they lose grip and steering effectiveness..... NUTS.... I would never put an aero device on a car that had NO testing at all....

BLING BLING BABY

Quote:
HWJunkie said:
Does a rear wing do anything besides look good when you are not on a race track?

I'm thinking of getting a techart type 3 style wing, pretty much because I like the way it looks, but was wondering if there were any aerodynamic advantages to it?

I see the race cars have a bigger, higher wing and the GT3 has a big wing as well.. But I don't personally like the huge wing, just something small-ish...

And, with the stock wing now "fixed" does that effect the airflow to the engine?

Hey John,

That's the whole purpose of the wing - to make the front end light so that the car can fly!