Quote:
tpfannes said:
You ever get a product and it works better than advertised? Its one of those rare happy surprises in life.

I am from the school of thought that nothing looks better than a clean black car (also believe the opposite holds true). The problem is for it to look really BLACK you need to wax. And I am too lazy/busy to wax my car as often as I would like. So %95 of the time its just (hand) washed.

Today its 75 in Michigan and I decide to wash the car (wheel cleaner, Maguires soap, Shop Vac, Windex) and I run out of the wheel cleaner (lets face it we use a lot). So on my trip to the auto parts place I see Turtle Wax 1 Step Dry and Wax and decide to give it a try.

Basically the bottle says you will get the wax finish/look by spraying this on while drying (yeah right). The instructions say to wash your car, rinse well and while wet spray a couple sprays on each panel while you are drying.

Well the car looks just like advertised; like it does after I hand wax it (read: BLACK mirror finish without a swirl to be found).

If your anything like me (busy/lazy) you might want to give it a try.

tim

Disclaimer: I hold no affiliation with, interest in, or am I in any way shape or form associated with Maguires, Turtle Wax, Windex or Shop Vac.

Interesting. I'm sort of on the lazy side, and especially because of the amount of "bug juice" I get on the car here in Virginia, instead of wax I use "Rejex", a polymer that doesn't give as good a shine but that gives much better protection against bug juice and road tar - the bad stuff doesn't stick as much. Given the color I have, Basalt Black Metallic, I'm not sure I sacrifice much shine by going with Rejex.

Jim