My Opinion
case in point , 997GT3 exact following the " HINT" Section its been at my OPC for 4 weeks after seizing the engine at 900 Miles the guy has not had it full load not had it above 4800 RPM ? I chat to a guy in the showroom about to have his 4th Turbo just after mine is handed over , He says drove his 993 like hell from 20 miles on the clock sold it 3 years later with 41,000 on the clock like new never missed a beat , did the same with his 996TT again never missed a beat he was going to pull out in 997TT about an hour after me and yes you guessed it he was track daying this weekend with it ! Mine 200 Miles and then i will start to give some. I raced circuit cars for years and saw numerous of my freshly built engines on the Dyno , they run them up give them 5 mins under gentle load then give them all they have got and tune them ? do they blow up !! Nope do they perform Yes ? are the stress's and loads higher at 9,000 RPM you bet they are and they are built to far higher tolerances than a Porka engine yep you bet they are, i think that all manufacturers try to do themselves a favour not the Consumer / user. If they build a defctive item ETC they would rather it fail later in life IE after a few weeks rather than the first couple of weeks it saves "Face" and does not effect there reputation as much , well thats my opinion