You guys have always discussed this particular question at length many times, and though the information shared is very interesting I've always come back to one nagging thought. All mechanical specifics aside, if something goes wrong with the car later in life but while still under warranty, couldn't a Porsche dealer read the ECU and potentially determine that the reason for a failure may be attributed to not following the breaking guidelines?

I've always thought that it's a good idea to somewhat baby the car (no matter how enticing an "open-flat-multilane-This is what my car was made for" road appears) and upon reaching the prescribed mileage for letting it rip, follow the same procedure of varying RPM, and length at WOT, etc. but now within the higher end of the rev band.

Has anyone ever found themselves in this situation, or are you prepared with a counter argument if the situation ever comes up? And since resale is something of importance, couldn't this be a reason for a potential buyer to shy away from a car?

Just wondering since both sides of the argument makes sense to me.

On a side note, atomic80, as a novice photographer, I've always enjoyed your photos and albums; cheers. To everyone else, thanks for making this forum one of the few where it seems drama and bickering is left at login, and technical, gentlemanly, discussion can be had. There are many hopeful Porsche owners like myself that really appreciate the sentiment and this resource.

-KurticusGT-