Just collected our Honda CR-V yesterday, and I must say it was a pleasent surprise.
First of all, I hadn't tried or even sat in the car before driving yesterday, so I was really anxious to find out if the car was worth the money.
And speaking of the devil; as u can see the car has yellow plates, which means it's been registered as a van. It's cheaper that way here in Denmark - but not cheap compared to other countries. Evn on yellow plates and with only cargo space in the back (no seats allowed) it ran me 50,000$.
As a full 4-seater it's close to 95,000$. Yikes!

But first of all I was surprised to see how nice the car looks.
I know, it's not a Porsche Cayenne or a Range Rover (btw the dealer sold Range Rovers too, and the pickup area for my car was right next to new RR's...not a very clever phsychological move on the dealers behalf ) - but it's never the less a very, dare I say, handsome car.
Pictures dont do this car justice, it simply has a great presence live, and reminds me of the bold curves of the new MB M series. Very nice IMO.

Furthermore it's packed with every conceivable equipment including backing camera, xenon, dual CC, electrical seats, rainsensor, cruisecontrol, DVD, double skylight (like a huge sunroof except it cant open), folding mirrors, navigation etc etc. The list is endless.
Considering that this is a soccer mom car, I think Honda did a great job in that department.

Driving impressions:
Ive only driven it about 30 miles, so my impressions are only preliminary and sketchy so far, but here are a few points:
PROs:
* Smooth engine with great torque (2.2i TurboDiesel)
* Great suspension with a perfect balance between smooth and hard. It's "firm" in the best sense of the word. Really good.
* Outlook is great and ergonomically things seem to work very well.
* Great presence. It looks bigger than it really is. I actually REALLY looked forward to driving it this morning - somehow it brings a smile to my face

CONs:
* Engine noisy. U can very clearly hear the classic Diesel-ticking. Not good enough considering competitors have more silent engines.
* Too tall/high. Suspension should be lowered. It feels a bit "tractor-like" i corners. Of course its not a sportscar - but it could feel more direct than it does. Im gonna lower it with KONI or similar at some point.
* Bling-beep-dingding! Alarm chimes/bells drives me nuts. Everytime you even THINK about touching a knob or switch the whole panel lights up and the car sounds like a vibraphone concert.
* Navigation is not 3D. IMO TomTom should be standard on all navigations. It's just oldschool to see maps in 2D.
* iPod not standard. You can buy an integrated iPod cable, so u can control the iPod from the wheel. Should be standard.

I'll tell u more when I have driven it some more.