Now, you should all know that wax only lasts for 30 days and degrades from that point on. Sure, it looks good, but there's only so much a wax can do on an automotive finish. Sun and other variables weaken the wax.

Somes waxes like Zymol's Estate line become insane in price for nothing more than what any other good grade wax has at first, then it's the oils that add to the price.

This is why more have gone to sealants as they last longer, and they are getting closer to the deep wax look.

Quite a few will use a sealant and layer it numerous times, then when cured, top it with a wax.

Blackfire has caught on to this and developed a kit called "Fire and Ice" which is a kit with both sealant and a wax. It's an old trick used by many detailer such as myself to obtain a deep, wet, reflective finish.

Some commercial sealants are very steril or plastic looking,
and need to be topped with a wax. SOme people like that plastic look as well.

Save you money, use a good quality wax and stay with it. Unless you enter in concours events, it's still not worth it. I've had many cars entered into events and win on good wax, not this insane costly waxes. I've also judged many events as well.

It's all in the prep (clean, polish and finish polish/burnish) the finish. I could put Pledge on a car and you'd think it's some high-end wax. Get the finish flawless (no marring and high gloss on it's own) then put a wax over that. This is where you get the high level of deep wet shine.

Personally, I use Zaino's newer Z5-Pro and Z2-Pro along with Z8 and it's damn close to a wax look, lasts longer, easy to maintain etc. When I store the car for winter, it will get fully polished, then Zaino, then Souveran (it's a black finish) then the Porsche cover.

It's all personal preference.

Regards,
Deanski