Got a call from my salesman today. Wagoneers pulled an all-nighter and hauled my Guards 997tt from Brunswick to Houston. 5 miles on the odo. I was able to get in about 7 miles of driving and then returned the car to allow them to install the clear-bra on the front end.

1st impressions:

Visual- Guards is incredible. The car really has some pop in the red. The lines are clearly visible and the wheels contrast well. Wife still wants the lower rockers shot in body color, I just want to lower it 20-30mm. I was expecting to be underwhelmed since it looks like any other 997 but that's just not so.

Interior - fit and finish is top notch. The leather door finishers and rear console really tie the dash into the rest of the car. The lightly contrasting stitching is a very nice touch without being ostentatious.

Ride - standard ride is surprisingly smooth for a short wheelbased sports car. Steering has a great amount of feedback considering it is 4wd. Clutch and shifting effort is smooth and precise. Switching over to PASM sport tightens up the ride dramatically, almost to the point of track spring rates, but without being too harsh. The car simply feels velcro'd to the asphalt. This is a 500 hp supercar with a manual that your grandma could consistently launch into the 11's.

Regarding the lag - there is not much at all. The boost rolls on very smooth and quickly - above 3k rpm there is no lag whatsoever when transitioning from part to full throttle. There is no chance of the car dynamics being unsettled waiting for boost to build out of corners - I doubt anyone will have to change their driving lines on the track to anticipate for lag. On full boost, it just feels like a missile. The speed it builds is wickedly deceptive, but it accelerates in a different league than my E55. 200kph feels like 100kph. I was puzzled as to why cars around me appeared to be going backwards..

At the end of my spin, I was indeed giggling like a little girl. This car can be a daily driver, a kid hauler, a track car, a boulevard cruiser, a source of solitude, a source of excitement. It is the most tractable supercar ever.