Quote:
RC said:

The Cayman has two "problems" in my opinion, although it is a very nice sportscar and a true Porsche:

... 3. the Cayman didn't succeed as a "poor man's 911" because it doesn't have the heritage of the 911 ...

... The fate of the Cayman lies in the future sales figures over the next 12 months. If sales figures don't improve significantly, I doubt that the Cayman will make it into the next decade.

Like it or not, the Cayman never has been accepted by the Porsche "community" as a "true" Porsche.

Well you not going to like this disagreement on your opinions ...

I was looking at Crocs and saw maybe 15 in three dealers. Maybe in Germany you can get 10% off but not here. Even so .... so what? At the end of ANY model year for ANY car dealers have left over inventory they need to dump. Take a look at Lotus ... Lotus said no 07 Elises until all 06s sold

First you say "its a true porsche" then you say "Like it or not, its not accepted as a true porsce"... Which is it? Sounds like a contradiction

Poor mans 911? Who wants a poor mans 911? What makes you think everyone wants a 911? Where is this arrogance coming from? We could have bought a new 997S and decided NOT to simply because it wasn't worth the additional money and the croc "felt" more like a true sports car (which is a personal choice) and YES ... we used to own, new at the time, a 911 Carrera. I've read many Croc owners "could" have bought a 997 and simply chose the croc over it.

As to future sales ... If the 998 or whatever its called doesn't come out as mid-engined, IMHO Porsche is making a huge mistake. Time for it to come out of the dark ages trying to make a lead weight on the rear of the car, by using technology, handle like a mid-engined car.

I think Porsche is going to sell where the money is and dont they sell more in the US than anywhere else?

I'm not trying to be contradictory but simply do not agree with your opinion