This is my quote which you have conviently taken out of context.

I did say that one does want to distance themselves from a Cayman S when buying a 997 but I was only referring to the difference in horsepower. I think it is reasonable to assume that when the Cayman S appeared Porsche gave it a better horsepower/$ ratio than the 911.

My statement was in the context of whether to purchase a 997 now or wait for the refresh, I decide to go ahead and purchase a car now.

Now you have used this quote and tried to label 911 owners as snobs and posers.

Listen you should be happy with your car and not care what anybody else thinks. If you are looking at performance versus money you should be satified that you're probably getting a better deal for your money than a 911 owner on a strict performance/horsepower/$ ratio.

Even Porsche knows this just as marketing strategy they will have to increase the horsepower of the 911 to create an appreciable difference in the product lines and to also justify the price difference, as well as not to affect the sales of each model.

I have driven the Cayman S, its a great car to drive its just not the car for me. Now that the Boxter has the same horspower rating and is $5000 cheaper its actually the better deal, but it also is not the car for me.

So to the person who started this forum, RELAX and don't be so sensitive and enjoy your ride.

Different people have different reasons for purchasing the car they have, please don't generalize or read into things that are simply not there.