Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
OCEAN said:
When you put the cars side be side the things get interesting, if the 997TT was in black I think it would be a better comparison . I must say as much as I love the 430 it almost looks dated compared to the Porsche . Considering the price difference and that there are no waiting games and that the 997TT has more performance this is quite an accomplishment for Porsche . I am sure the replacement for the 430 will be very nice but for now a car that is 50K less in some ways is a more desirable car .

hehehe

Either you are losing your eye sight or your trying to justify the purchase of the 997TT. On the street, if you put both cars side by side ,the 997TT would figuratively disappear. It is noT even close.

Porsche's are designed to look dated because Porsche wants it that way. They are so intent on doing so they have all their models look alike (excepting the CGT which is a good looking car).

Yesterday, I saw what appeared to be a Boxster closing fast behind me. It had the front bumper air and side air ducts.
I was in my 430 Spider and wondered why the Boxster was apparently chasing me. Lo and behold as he went past me, I saw the silly tail on the back with the Turbo script.

I am a car enthusiast and for me to confuse a $150,000 convertible with a $45,000 one of the same brand only served to confirm what I have known all along. PORSCHE MEANS VANILLA!

The important thing here is that he passed you.