Quote:
pierre said:
What are the specs of the Sportec one? 540, 580?

As a sidenote, there are already at least 2 people in Switzerland who canceled their GT3 in favor of the Z06...

Sportec claims "close to 600 HP" for this one and I can say that this car is really fast. But we've already done a comparison with the Z06 and I have to say...we've been VERY impressed with the Z06 performance.

Regarding the Z06 and track performance, I can't say much about it. Over here in Germany, the Corvette has a pretty bad reputation (similar to most US cars in the past), I know that in Switzerland US cars have always been viewed differently.

For serious track racing, the GT3 is surely a nice car to have in Europe. I'm pretty sure that with some experience and parts from the US, modding a Z06 for serious track racing wouldn't be a major problem and would even save some money compared to the GT3.
But for track fun only, I'd say that the 997 Turbo is the better car because is will be easier to drive fast and provides superior traction.

It also remains to be seen how reliable the Z06 is and how the part distribution/maintenance works out in the future.
Of course the Z06 is a bargain compared to the GT3 but I still have my doubts because the car is still too new to find a final verdict.