Hi guys dont normally post on here as drive a 997s ,but thought i would share my thoughts about the Boxster.My car is in the dealer having some work done so i drove a Boxster 2.7 manual,then next time a 2.7 tip,then today i get a Boxster S manual with sports chrono and 19"carerra s wheels .All the cars were basically brand new with only 2-3K on the clock.
Must say my first impression of the Boxster 2.7 manual was that it felt much lighter than my 997 and great fun to drive ,really felt confident flying into corners as the chassis was fantastic and balance maybe better than my car.
Next a drove the 2.7 tip and was actually pleasantly suprised that the tip gearbox was great fun and enjoyed the novelty factor as have always driven manuals.
Then today i get the Boxster S so i am very pleased as it also has sports chrono and 19 inch wheels.Car felt obviously quicker when pushed but overall not as quick as i hoped it would be.Also i felt the car seemed heavier and less nimble somehow than the standard Boxster on 18 inch wheels.
So to sum up i would recommend the standard Boxster probably with tip,thought it was a wonderful balanced car with superb handling