vantagesc:

So in Germany, a 911 GTS 4 Cab (i.e. one of the most expensive Carreras available and basically the same price as as GT3) passes as a company car, but a GT3 does not?  I guess there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

You can also get a 918 as a company car...if your company makes enough dough to make the tax office happy. Smiley A GT3 is difficult to justify because it may be looked upon as a track car, not a daily driver with lots of room. The 911 Carrera (and the Turbo/S to some point) is a well established business car in Germany, no kidding.

Anyway, it is easy to say you should have bought a certain car using 20/20 hindsight.  Nothing is certain in life...

Of course nothing is certain in life but I try to minimize the risk (with two kids, this is my obligation) and while I may have missed an opportunity or two in the past (or a big gain), I was never close to losing everything or a greater part of the wealth, so I think I'm doing fine. 

There is a saying: There are always lots of heroes after a war. Translated to my situation: I am whining about missed opportunities but I shouldn't really complain. Smiley Life has been good. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)