Back from the road trip golf trip. drove about 900km, I guess the car is all broken in now 

IMG_2361.JPG

Friend drove his 2010 Turbo, he tried to handicap me by dumping all his luggage in my car:

IMG_2385.jpg

That's 4 golf bags plus 2 overnight bags and shoes and balls and a cooler in there somewhere.

Battle scars:

IMG_2396.jpg

Hard to see but I think there must be like 10,000 dead bugs on the bumper and windscreen. Unlike some other Ferrari owners, I really drive them. Hard. 

The drive, hmm, the car is definite slower and less agile than the F12, but not sure how to describe it compares with the Speciale as in the FF the cabin is nice and quiet and can't really feel the speed. In the Speciale even slow speed feels fast.

FF weights quite a bit and it really shows, I can really feel the car takes a set first before biting into the corners. But it's a GREAT highway cruiser, superb GT car. Effortless passing power, even in 7th gear and and below 3k rpm. It just goes.

The highway, HWY 5, we took is not really a busy one, but it's a great drive up then down the mountains, from seat level all the way up to almost 1300m. Posted speed limit is 120km/hr, already the fastest in my province. But traffic pretty much goes around 140km/hr. The 997.2 Turbo is already a pretty powerful and fast car, but I can pretty much leave it in the dust at will, not even a fair fight. instead of fuel economy, Ferrari record top speed instead, and I have one marked that's very memorable but not for public consumption :) Also on the highway there is a section with a tunnel, Monaco GP time, windows down and revs up. Wow, what a sound. Nothing I have driven compares against a big V12 screaming at 8000 rpm. Don't think even the 918 would sound better inside that tunnel.

I had a 90 litre tank I think and the Porsche had a 65 or something like that. We both started with a full tank but by the time we get there his fuel light is already on while I had about 20 litres left, trip was about 400km one way, so around 17.5l/100km while the Turbo did about 15l/100km, not great but then again we were pushing the cars and driving uphill most of the time.

FF pretty much exceeded my expectations, nothing compares. The cargo room, the human room, the sound, the speed, the ride, even the handling is surprisingly good. The car even blends in in the motel parking lot, among a sea of parked cars it doesn't stands out. But when someone finds out it's a Ferrari they start looking, most comments weren't great, all said they are not sure about the styling, some says they like it and some say that's a lot of room inside. Instead of chatting with them about my car I stand among them pretending to be just another looker and listen. But the undercover job can only last so long as eventually we need to head out. Haha.

The start up sound, hmm, I can listen to it all day, but it's pretty loud so I think I woke up half the motel in the morning when we leave early in the morning, like 6:30am so we can play 36 a day.

Think that's about it, will post more when I think of something else.

--