Whoopsy:

OMG, McLaren said they will not submit a car and have no interest on a head to head and may not set a time at Dunsfold. Their own developmental track!!!

The official excuse was it will not be a true representation of what their car can do. WOW.  I cannot believe their said that. If setting a time on a track is not representation of what their car can do, what is? Getting 90miles to the gallon? 20 miles on electric charge? A capable sports car that can seat 3? We know they can't achieve none of the above. So what do they think will be a true representation?

This time around, I think McLaren has truly lost the battle and the war. Cutting production target by 25% from 500 to 375 in order to have a chance to claim a sell-out, didn't release a time for the Ring, didn't want to do a head to head against the 918 on their OWN HOME TRACK!!! I can understand not wanting to go head to head at the Ring as it was Porsche's de facto home track on home turf, but Dunsfold too?

During the P1's development, they must have had hundreds if not thousands of lap times recorded, could it be that none of those even came close to the still unreleased 918 time?

I am a McLaren fan, always was and still is, loved the F1 and that's why I bought the 12C, to have a piece of McLaren. But the P1 is truly a disappointing product from McLaren, it was nothing more than a cash grab.

Man, while I had already committed to the 918, I have even more respect for the Frank walliser and his 918 team. They made a 'pig' that flies, performance that will shame all challengers, AND one of the most fuel efficient car on the market right now. I wonder how Porsche or anyone else can top that for foreseeable future. The 918 is not a step ahead, it's more like a mile ahead.

This is, besides the fact that they make extremely ugly cars, one of the main reasons why I don't like McLaren. It's nothing more than a bunch of people with a big mouth. The brand reflects Ron Dennis' personality perfectly!  

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic