Thanks guys for your support.

I seem to get a number of people saying to me that "you will lose all that money on trade in". Well, we will only live once... so I plan to add whatever I really want and can comfortably afford so that each time I get in the car, I simply feel great! There's no point working so hard if one doesn't enjoy the fruits of all that labour! I plan to use the car for many, many years so why not make it just how I like?

You know, even if I was keeping it for only 3-4 years, I would still do exactly the same. I don't actually mind about the cost and what I might lose. Buying a Porsche for me is about the fulfilment of a lifelong dream. I really mean it. A lifelong dream. I have wanted one since I was a boy. I have always been absolutely nuts about fast cars. At the end of the day, for me, it's an emotional decision limited only by what I can afford (and what I can convince my wife to let me buy!) not a logical, rational decision. If I approached the decision of whether to buy a Porsche and how much to spend purely on some cost-benefit analysis on how much I'll pay and get on trade in and for how many months I can enjoy the car before it is more economically optimal to exchange it for a newer one etc etc, then I simply wouldn't do it. There's no passion in that. It's too cold and calculated for me. I am buying this to please me and excite my senses. I can't take the money with me into my coffin!