Another year following F1 ...

The BBC's coverage is so so with obvious flaws and some good aspects.

Suzy Perry is just dreadful as Jake Humphrey's replacement. She has yet to make an insightful comment. Coulthard and Jordan continue to be excellent but Jordan doesn't appear on race weekends which don't have live coverage from the BBC. I really like the technical analysis from Gary Anderson. Commentary is still the weakness with the unbearable Ben Edwards. The F1 Forum used to be more casual chat but now it's just extended coverage allowing the BBC to move regular broadcasting away from F1 earlier. Most of all, there just isn't the same chemistry anymore with Suzy Perry being there.

By contrast, Sky Sports F1 is now much improved. Excellent chemistry between the whole team. You can actually tell they enjoy working together. Lazenby is the weak link IMO. I'm glad Georgie Thompson left. Natalie Pinkham is doing a good job. Brundle needs to start his grid walks earlier. Not enough on grid interviews IMO. The music and entertainment segments are now vastly better and are now better than on the BBC. Croft offers good listenable commentary with insight from Brundle. In the Paddock, Herbert and Hill offer good insights. Great analysis from Davidson and Chandok. The star is Ted Kravitz. His Notebook shows are required viewing ... Sky Sports F1 coverage has moved up so many notches it has really left the BBC far behind.

I watch the Drivers' Press Conference, the interviews on Gear Up For ...., Practice 1 & 2, Team Principals' Press Conference, F1 Show, Practice 3, Qualification, Ted's Qualification Notebook, Track Parade, Race, Paddock Live, Ted's Race Notebook, F1 Midweek Review (even though Anna Woolhouse is unbearable).

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red