SciFrog:

Do you think the 991 setup is sportier than the 997.2 was?

Huge difference. The 991 Turbo S has, unlike the Carrera 4 models, a completely new PTM (AWD), new chassis and the rear axle steering. This is the next generation. It feels very go-kart like but like I said before, the dampers still seem to provide comfort, which is quite amazing. It is a bit of an artificial feel, simply because this hasn't been achieved yet on a different car but I love it.

Do you think the gap between the GT3 and the Turbo S has been significantly reduced?

Hugely reduced (track of course, on the street, the GT3 never stood a chance) but the GT3 is lighter, louder and has a very nice (and new) PDK. The GT3 is all about emotion and drive feel, the Turbo S more about being fast as possible without taking a sweat. Both are intriguing but for my purpose, I prefer the Turbo S. 

With UHP tires/semi-slicks, the 991 Turbo S would actually beat the GT3 on the Nordschleife. Interesting: The Dunlop UHP tire used on the GT3 is also approved for the 991 Turbo S. Smiley

From a performance/price ratio point of view. I think the 991 GT3 is the best offer right now from Porsche.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)