Whoopsy:

The knob was at 'Sport'. I do notice the other suspension button on the other side, didn't touch it though. So that's what that button is for?

The road is question is a major artery road that I travel 3 times a week, so it's a good test on a daily driving ability of a car. Think the city ran out of money maintaining it because they refuse to install fare gates on public transit, they didn't think people would NOT pay to get on the trains. Idiots. 

On the Scuderia, the suspension button allowed you to put it back to sport suspension setting when you were in race mode. 

I don't know about the 458 but I suspect it is the same. So the softest setting you will get in race mode is sport suspension.

So if the sport suspension setting was too hard for that road in question, it would be a no go. 

I am curious to drive a 12C, I heard the ride is indeed very compliant in cool driving but that it becomes a beast when you push it.

I do miss the gearbox of the Scuderia, it was a special car, that noise, than engine and light too but the feedback was a let down compared with my two RS and eventually it was sold.