Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
devo said:
If the time is accurate, it is disappointing. However, how can you say that it is not much better than a 911S?. It's a great deal better than the S.
It takes A LOT to gain a few seconds.

If you ask me, the time is great, if it has been achieved by Von Saurma and not by Röhrl. The 7:52 Gallardo time was done with Corsas if I'm not mistaken, so was ther 7:55 time by the F430. The Corvette also IMO won't break 7:50 with a truly stock car, a standing start and a non-racecar driver. I could be wrong though.

Crash, I agree that 7:49 looks good compared to the Gallardo and F430 time. However, if you consider that the GT2 Mk1 already did 7:46...

I think that 7:49 would be very disappointing given 480hp, VTG, a new 4WD system, PCCB, latest tire technology, etc. etc.

Yes, the thought had crossed my mind. However, we don't know the specs of the car. Did it have LSD or not? Tip or manual? Sport Chrono or not? All these variables are important to me. If it was just the basic car, which my assumption is based on, then the time is very good. The addition of the LSD and the overboost will surely improve the time even further (not to forget that the GT2 weighed 150 kilos less).