Until now I was more reader than contributor so after getting the hang of it with the 24h Nuerburgring thread I thought it would be a good idea to introduce one of my cars.

I think all of you had once a moment when you saw a car you always aspired to own one day. I can still remember the morning in summer 2007 when before a track day at Anneau du Rhin I saw a green Porsche GT3 RS on the parking lot. This moment burnt in my memory and every time I saw one my heartbeat went faster. Last October I finally found such a car and sealed the deal. The car was bog standard and in very good condition with only 23/- km on it, with Porsche approved. I even got a new windscreen, free inspection and registration.

The car is so different to the CSL I'm used to drive, the Porsche driving dynamics are very special and I still learning to master it. But that's what I wanted, a car which is a challenge to drive. It's even kind of archaic with the manual gearbox and without PSM. Now I know why it has an Alcantara steering wheel so it sucks in the sweat of fear Smiley

The car has now undergone some minor mods like a Bilstein MDM race suspension, light weight battery, PFC dimpled  rotors front and rear with PFC pads, MkII rear brake ducts and cup lip. Last but not least I have an Akrapovic Sports Cup exhaust fitted to get rid of the heavy side mufflers and also for sound reasons. All the mods have been carried out by Black Falcon and the suspension has been setup by Alex Böhm, the 3 times VLN champ. I'm very happy with the car and always looking forward to driving it.

Some pics to enjoy

IMG_0860.JPGIMG_0866.JPGIMG_0870.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0865.JPGIMG_0887.JPGIMG_0889.JPG