Budster:

RC, like in a recent couple of posts on the Panamera thread, I am in awe of your eyesight and reaction times: sadly I'm clearly not in your league.  They must make speed traps strangely visible in Germany, because you simply wouldn't beat them here in South Africa travelling at robust speeds.  Maybe our traffic cops are better?  Nope, that can't be the case, trust me!  Also, it's all well and good going fast on the autobahn, but on other roads such as the twisties, a Boxster S is surely fast enough to be dangerous: twisties, but they nature, have other drivers (and cyclists) coming in the opposite direction.  Surely there aren't sufficient private, closed off twistie roads..?

I'm not sure about South Africa but they never caught me...Italy, Switzerland(tight ass police here), France...I just see them in time. Maybe you should ask your ophthalmologist about the advantage of a 175% vision sharpness. Smiley I even see laser traps in time and they are usually a mile away. Smiley Like I said, I adapt to traffic and circumstances. Regarding country roads with twists and turns, I am aware of the danger from other motorists, especially motorcycles (apparently some bikers don't really know how to drive a clean curve...) but like I said, I adapt and it works.

I've never heard of anyone buying a 997 cab instead of a 981 for luggage space.  I can imagine the 2 seats being a consideration for quick trips with the kids (and as RC has stated - it's far from perfect), but as a consideration for luggage?  I'd rather recognise that the 997 just isn't a tourer and look at something else that can accomodate more than a weekend's luggage.  As you say, don't make [the 997 cab] something it isn't!

For me, choosing a 911 was always about the kids and/or luggage too. Always. The Boxster is just too small and my wife had a Boxster S for almost three years. Nice fun car but not powerful enough.

I would have never ordered a Panamera Turbo S without having a family. What for? The GT2 RS would have been more interesting or just the RS 4.0. If Porsche would offer a Panamera Turbo S with 800 hp, I would take it. Especially since the Panamera is a pretty heavy car.

If you want a fun car btw., get a C63 AMG Coupe. It is much more fun than any Boxster I ever drove, it is affordable, it has an amazing engine/exhaust sound and still enough room to go on a short vacation with the family.

I am sorry but the Boxster doesn't give me anything. It is however a very good sports car, no doubt about it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4